TJ09

2021-03-28 - March Dragon Release

8 hours ago, jerzeeshadow said:

Yep, the eyes are blue👀✔️

Maybe they change color through maturation?

I was wondering about this myself, but I still don't think that would make sense. Usually when they mature, it's the same description, plus "And look! It has grown wings! (etc) It must be close to maturing." And I think there are only a few S2 hatchie descriptions that change or contradict what the S1 said. Either way, kinda doesn't make sense. A minor nitpick, I know, but if it's an error, I figure it's best to point it out early so it can be fixed.

7 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

~removed~

Okay, I may or may not have gotten a chuckle out of that, but I don't think a new release thread is the place to continue complaints/drama from a previous thread. I'm very sympathetic to hurt feelings about sprite changes, but maybe there's a better thread to discuss this.

Edited by Kaini

I wonder if either of these will have encyclopedia entries, I always enjoy earning those

Super excited about these, both hatchies look cute as a button!  Volcano ones are still my favorite so far but I'm liking the coast ones a LOT more than I expected based on the egg :0

The volcano hatchlings look so familiar! I just can’t put my finger on it. 

I wish there were a beginning limit to new releases so everyone gets a chance at the eggs bc this snipe grabbing is infuriating. I havent gotten any of the new releases.

1 minute ago, MoxleyRTZ said:

I wish there were a beginning limit to new releases so everyone gets a chance at the eggs bc this snipe grabbing is infuriating. I havent gotten any of the new releases.

There are scroll limits in place. Each person can only have as many dragons as their scroll allows, which is anywhere between 0-8 eggs. 

These dragons are also permanent releases, so if you miss out, they'll always be there. Once people fill up with enough dragons and can't pick up anymore...or have to go about their day, it becomes easier to catch them. Keep an eye on gifting threads and the AP too because people gift away extras. 

3 minutes ago, Niyaka said:

The volcano hatchlings look so familiar! I just can’t put my finger on it. 

The eggs also look like Khusa eggs.

image.gif.bc738f2da0bb27cbcf736b639be03c64.gifimage.gif.6bd5b016332e8165a435f7c1fc3124e8.gif

Good spot, it does look like the egg is a recolored Khusa

Edited by Diggie

1 minute ago, Diggie said:

image.gif.bc738f2da0bb27cbcf736b639be03c64.gifimage.gif.6bd5b016332e8165a435f7c1fc3124e8.gif

Good spot, it does look like the egg is a recolored Khusa

It probably is; there have been cases where a spriter reused one of their own egg sprites with different colors. Look at Hooktalons and Baikalas.

1 minute ago, Keileon said:

It probably is; there have been cases where a spriter reused one of their own egg sprites with different colors. Look at Hooktalons and Baikalas.

Oh gosh, never even noticed the thing with Hooktalons and Baikalas!  Very good catch :D

47 minutes ago, MoxleyRTZ said:

It's not snipe grabbing - we all simply want to catch them. But those who have been here longer have had a lot of practice !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Gonna have to agree w/ above; people wanting to grab NRs (just like you) isn't 'sniping' just because they're faster than you.  I sympathize w not being able to grab stuff as someone who can't really grab anything rarer than a zyu from the cave, but these will not be limited release so you have all the time in the world to get your hands on them!

It's like it was in the Cantor release thread; several people panicking because they missed the release wave only for them to end up being 100 shards in the market and relatively easy to grab in-cave.

5 minutes ago, Falorni said:

Gonna have to agree w/ above; people wanting to grab NRs (just like you) isn't 'sniping' just because they're faster than you.  I sympathize w not being able to grab stuff as someone who can't really grab anything rarer than a zyu from the cave, but these will not be limited release so you have all the time in the world to get your hands on them!

It's like it was in the Cantor release thread; several people panicking because they missed the release wave only for them to end up being 100 shards in the market and relatively easy to grab in-cave.

I agree, I think if anything the volcano one might be rare/uncommon because of the metallic description. 

1 minute ago, MaccyVees said:

I agree, I think if anything the volcano one might be rare/uncommon because of the metallic description. 

I'd bet it's uncommon at the rarest, maybe similar to coppers in the worst/rarest case scenario

Okay, the very first egg I clicked had sort of a neat code (if you substitute "I" for "L") and I missed it, but now I just missed a "kaw" code after I sacrificed a hatchie to the AP so I could have some extra space. Now the site is just taunting me. :c

OK, I've got 2 volcano and 3 coast. Thats me done. I can't wait to see them grow! I think the coast is my favourite so far based on the hatchies. 

Man it took me some frantic refreshing but I got 3 of each, 1 of each influenced male/female, and the third left up to RNG. Leaves me two spots for... whatever might happen on Apr. 1st....

10 minutes ago, Falorni said:

I'd bet it's uncommon at the rarest, maybe similar to coppers in the worst/rarest case scenario

Lunar Herald is metallic and not all that uncommon

Filled my scroll. :) All my new eggs have been influenced, incubated, and bedded down in a cozy cloud of fog.

So far so good with the hatchies. Thanks artists and TJ for the new breeds. Excited to see them as adults, as always!

9 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Lunar Herald is metallic and not all that uncommon

I think lunars are classified as uncommon though?  I agree they deffo feel more common than Coppers tho, and I assume the volcano NR falls somewhere between the two

edit// wiki classifies both lunars and coppers as rare, lunars definitely feel to be more on the uncommon side though so i'd say point still stands

Edited by Falorni

1 minute ago, Falorni said:

I think lunars are classified as uncommon though?  I agree they deffo feel more common than Coppers tho, and I assume the volcano NR falls somewhere between the two

You're probably right.  But frankly the market is now a safety net--I've never gotten one of the Stater xenos from the cave, but have a perfectly nice pair from the market.