TJ09

2021-03-28 - March Dragon Release

1 minute ago, Imzadi said:

Wait, where is the upside down mint thing?  I don't see it anywhere.

Go to the Cave, pick a biome and see what happens next.

I got an upside down Mint! It’s my second one so now I can have a breeding pair 😄.

I blamed the other person 🤭

I'm a dumb boy. Or I'm stupid tired to only be thinking of this now...

Could someone with an adult Upside down mint please throw a screenshot up, so I know what I'm looking for? (In a lineage.)

Or is this the kind of thing that once they grow up they are indistinguishable from normal mints?

10 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

@Husky51   This is normal, when there aren't dimorphic adults TJ's don't need to be any specific genders so he (probably) doesn't influence them. One adult will get reverted and frozen as a hatchling, that is normal, so it doesn't really matter what gender they are. 

Thank you for the info...

7 minutes ago, Happy Dragon said:

I'm a dumb boy. Or I'm stupid tired to only be thinking of this now...

Could someone with an adult Upside down mint please throw a screenshot up, so I know what I'm looking for? (In a lineage.)

Or is this the kind of thing that once they grow up they are indistinguishable from normal mints?

They don't show up in lineages, only on their own page and in some of the sorts.  But you can often see them in a lineage by name--joke names about flipping etc.

All flippers at base:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/ktMMm

Edited by random_dragon_collector

1 minute ago, random_dragon_collector said:

They don't show up in lineages, only on their own page and in some of the sorts.  But you can often see them in a lineage by name--joke names about flipping etc.

Example: In The Jester's Court  The Feast Of Fools 

Just in case anyone is wondering, I just bought a mint in the market, and it's not flipped (as expected).  Been prowling the cave--haven't seen one to check to see if maybe they are dropping this year.  I think TJ's words in the first post just refer to the usual dilemma, not something new.  But we'll see.

You are all amazing people, thank you.

I’ll just file these away with prize dragons and SAlt lines to collect...

1 minute ago, Happy Dragon said:

You are all amazing people, thank you.

I’ll just file these away with prize dragons and SAlt lines to collect...

People give the lineages away--

2 minutes ago, TempestSea said:

I chose say nothing and got eaten... Is there another chance or is it a one shot?

One shot per year. Sorry! You gotta blame to get the special prize, and even then, it's only a chance. You can check the AP though in a few days. Apparently they come through there.

Edited by PokeCat

Has anyone else noticed the single pixel that I think is supposed to be a bottom tooth on the Hydros? I looove the sprites this go round! But that little guy is bugging me lol

1 hour ago, FoxintheBox said:

Eaten like for past 2 years....

You got to stop looking tasty.

Roll in the mud first like Arnold Schwarzenegger did in Predator.

Unless the dragon happens to like "Mud Spuds"....

I think that I got an Upsidedown Mint Egg, on my Dragon list it shows rightside up, but when I click on the Egg, it shows upsidedown....  Yes? no? 

I did blame the other member...  (hangs my head, but grinning)  :)

Can you only get one?  Just askin'...

4 minutes ago, Husky51 said:

Can you only get one?  Just askin'...

If you got an egg from the Dilemma, it's an Upside Down Mint.

To get a second one, you're going to have to stake out the AP when the abandoned ones start to show up.

17 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Has anyone else noticed the single pixel that I think is supposed to be a bottom tooth on the Hydros? I looove the sprites this go round! But that little guy is bugging me lol

There is another pixel connecting that tooth to the face, it's just very light and you can only see it on a dark background.

3 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

To get a second one, you're going to have to stake out the AP when the abandoned ones start to show up.

Thank You

20 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Just want to point out that it's possible to get a right-side-up Mint from the Dilemma as well. The outcomes are eaten, upside-down mint, regular mint. 

Ohhhh! Infinis' Blazeback's are out. I forgot about them. They are still so nice.

And I really like the Amphiptere's. Such graceful noodles.

9 hours ago, Happy Dragon said:

Oh no, you are not telling me that....

*Sighs* T_T I didn't understand what an Upside-down Mint was. It's an actual thing....

I guess I'm trading for descendants!

Thank you all for the information and the quick responses.

I guess I'll go play 9/9/9 to brush up on 'The Prisoner's Dilemma' and what the best strategy is. 

There isn't a strategy. Blame = eaten or upside down mint, say nothing = eaten or regular mint. And it's a coin flip, you aren't playing against other players.

While I'm impatiently waiting for an egg to hatch so I can try my April Fool's luck...

I really like these new adults! The Blazebacks look familiar to me so I'm sure I saw them in DR. I go there so rarely that this is the first time I've recognized one on release! I just wish their flames showed more in lineage view.

The Hydros look great in lineage view so I'm excited to see what will look good with them. I think the neutral colors of both breeds will work with a lot of things.