Paradisiske

Catching balls of fog

image.thumb.png.62fd2d8c1debacf076456ca3eb6bec1e.pngPicked up an egg from the cave and got a ball of fog. Happened to another person on the unofficial discord twice. Egg shows up normally on my scroll.

Just bringing this to attention.

Is happening since last year already - whenever lag strikes.

It seems that the fog sprite is the default that is being delivered by the server before it gets redefined as whatever it is supposed to be.

(It has also happened that you get a fog sprite when a breeding result is not defined on the site yet, e.g. when the Market was introduced and Coppers were bred to mates from that new location.)

(Proof)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I notice this was on the hourly, which is where the most lag is and also when most of these happen, its thought to be: you grab the egg as the cave is shuffling it away, so it's already hidden it but it still gives you it, because it happens on shuffles too.

12 hours ago, Tinibree said:

I notice this was on the hourly

The site doesn't shuffle them away, it deletes them.

More likely, you were trying to grab a fresh egg - at the same time as half a dozen other people. Hourly lag is inevitable.

Edited by Ruby Eyes
edited to add the part I refer to specifically - the HOURLY

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

The site doesn't shuffle them away, it deletes them.

More likely, you were trying to grab a fresh egg - at the same time as half a dozen other people. Hourly lag is inevitable.

On the 5 minutes? Its a shuffle, because you see codes you saw before if other eggs get picked up. (ie, seeing the code 'abcde', a shuffle happens and its gone, but someone picks up an egg and its back)

1 hour ago, Tinibree said:

On the 5 minutes? Its a shuffle, because you see codes you saw before if other eggs get picked up. (ie, seeing the code 'abcde', a shuffle happens and its gone, but someone picks up an egg and its back)

The eggs shuffle at the 5 mins but leftovers are deleted on the hourly shuffle and all new eggs are created.