Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CrimsonFatalis

Shrade's Crimson Nemesis

A Crimson Fatalis has been spotted near the Volcano. The scouts have investigated the area to find it... surrounded by dragon eggs? It seems to be guarding them and occasionally taking from the abandoned cave! Better check it out, Fiver, but beware its fiery wrath...

Hello and welcome! I love your Watership Down reference, Bigwig was my favorite character. 

11 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Hello and welcome! I love your Watership Down reference, Bigwig was my favorite character. 

I am unfamiliar with "Watership Down", so this must be purely coincidental. This was a Monster Hunter reference. Hello, all the same.

3 minutes ago, CrimsonFatalis said:

I am unfamiliar with "Watership Down", so this must be purely coincidental. This was a Monster Hunter reference. Hello, all the same.

Fiver was a character in Watership Down. Which Monster Hunter game was that from? I'm an MH fan, but I haven't encountered that.

That is "Monster Hunter World", aka "Monster Hunter World: Iceborne". Your particular fleet to the New World is the "Fifth Fleet", so people who came from there are often called "Fivers". This helps you know which fleet they're from, as they are distinct, but sometimes hard to tell between a Fiver and a Fourth. The Third Fleet are mostly researchers and the First and Second Fleets have pretty much retired and/or left back to the Old World. Posted Quests for monster hunting generally address the one reading (you) as "Fiver" when making the requests. Thus, my intro topic was worded like a Quest to investigate the Crimson Fatalis hoarding dragon eggs.

I'm only an hour into that game and I need to devote more time to it. Rise comes out on the 26th, and Stories 2 comes out in July, so I need to play this one. I'm currently working through Generations.