TJ09

2021-03-14 - Festival of Eggs Submissions

5 hours ago, wobster109 said:

Just wondering, am I allowed to trace my own photos? I have never traced anything in the past, this is entirely for future reference. But let's say I want to sprite an apple for Halloween. Can I take my own, original photo, and trace that?

Sure, provided it follows the style guidelines in terms of shading, colouring and tools. A lot of dragons on site were made from pencil or digital sketches that were traced over.

22 hours ago, Ashywolf said:
On 3/22/2021 at 3:40 PM, wobster109 said:

Just wondering, am I allowed to trace my own photos? I have never traced anything in the past, this is entirely for future reference. But let's say I want to sprite an apple for Halloween. Can I take my own, original photo, and trace that?

Sure, provided it follows the style guidelines in terms of shading, colouring and tools. A lot of dragons on site were made from pencil or digital sketches that were traced over.

Just as long as it's your own work though. 

You can't trace anyone else's work unless they give permission. Then, you would both get credit for the egg.

On 3/19/2021 at 8:25 PM, Ashywolf said:

@Spyridon If you need any specific advice on your egg, you're welcome to send it my way in a private message and I can tell you what's up.

I use Windows XP MSpaint for the sprite, and then aseprite for animating and dealing with transparency.

Thanks for offering but someone else helped.

Decided to trash the original image because with all the movement I did in transforming to resize, I think I poisoned the background even if i couldn't see it. Maybe I can create a new fresh image for next year.

Didn't realize there were so many programs. I originally used it way back when for other things but never for actual art. My friend is dabbling in original artwork for her short story.

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! and OH how I hope I make it in this time. LOL

Hello all!

I am told we have hit our quota on submissions, thank you all who submitted! I will close this now. See ya'll soon for the event!