TJ09

2021-03-14 - Festival of Eggs Submissions

I turned my submission in. First time doing anything digital art. Kinda want to hide under a rock.

5 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

I turned my submission in. First time doing anything digital art. Kinda want to hide under a rock.

Good luck! I've thought about trying some pixel art, maybe someday. 

Wouldn't hurt to have the egg outlines available in this thread for those who are new or don't have it to hand.

10 minutes ago, Ashywolf said:

Wouldn't hurt to have the egg outlines available in this thread for those who are new or don't have it to hand.

The egg outline is available in this thread, which is a pinned sticky in the dragon request section.

4 hours ago, Chaosdawn said:

Good luck! I've thought about trying some pixel art, maybe someday. 

Got my first rejection. XD Well JKR got rejected 12 times though I plan to keep my submittals down so I don't annoy them.

Oh for those attempting their first as well; shading, shading, shading. Even if it's a pain in the bad end of a donkey.

4 hours ago, Spyridon said:

Got my first rejection. XD Well JKR got rejected 12 times though I plan to keep my submittals down so I don't annoy them.

Oh for those attempting their first as well; shading, shading, shading. Even if it's a pain in the bad end of a donkey.

Aww, well good luck on the next submissions. XD

I submitted mine some time ago. I love events like this haha. Always have a blast when I'm making these. Got a response but I wonder if I'll make it haha, can't wait to see what this year's FoF brings :D

I submitted mine as well!

First event I participated was the Festival of Eggs back in 2010, so I'm really excited to possibly get my egg approved (after I add more shading) 😅

18 minutes ago, chrispy said:

I submitted mine as well!

First event I participated was the Festival of Eggs back in 2010, so I'm really excited to possibly get my egg approved (after I add more shading) 😅

It's always the shading isn't it? XD They should add that as a rule.

1 minute ago, Spyridon said:

It's always the shading isn't it? XD They should add that as a rule.

• Eggs may be rejected for reasons other than those in this post—namely, there will be a general quality bar. We'll try to provide useful feedback around rejections.

3 minutes ago, Kaini said:

• Eggs may be rejected for reasons other than those in this post—namely, there will be a general quality bar. We'll try to provide useful feedback around rejections.

Yeah I know. But the few I've talked, the one you don't think about much is the shading. By the way, how many submissions do you get? I"m curious. 🤔

2 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

Yeah I know. But the few I've talked, the one you don't think about much is the shading. By the way, how many submissions do you get? I"m curious. 🤔

Each user is allowed one submission please! 

If you mean edits, technically you can keep trying up until the deadline or until the Submissions account rejects the design outright. 

1 minute ago, Kaini said:

Each user is allowed one submission please! 

If you mean edits, technically you can keep trying up until the deadline or until the Submissions account rejects the design outright. 

Not what I meant. How many do you guys receive and have to review through the submission period? I was thinking hundreds considering how popular the event is?

I'm very sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm not sure how to send my submission. Do I need to upload it to an image hosting site and PM the link? Or is there a way to attach an image/gif to a PM? Thank you!

Feel free to ignore this. I think I figured it out!

Edited by smartster4
Problem (hopefully) solved!

God, I just realized while comparing my submission against Spatio's comparisons, I noticed the mistakes in pixel placements. I guess it's too late now to swap out the submitted image on my second try.

3 hours ago, Spyridon said:

God, I just realized while comparing my submission against Spatio's comparisons, I noticed the mistakes in pixel placements. I guess it's too late now to swap out the submitted image on my second try.

I am sure that you have space to submit a revision, provided you do so before the deadline. It is not likely to be that concrete and strict.

11 minutes ago, Glaciarie said:

Is there any egg bases?

Yes! You can find them here:

Just to make sure I understand this correctly:

Are we allowed to use the grey egg and the cracking sequence from this post as a base?

Or only the outlines?

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

3 hours ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Just to make sure I understand this correctly:

Are we allowed to use the grey egg and the cracking sequence from this post as a base?

Or only the outlines?

Not sure why you'd need either, this is painting an egg. A fancy digital version of the traditional Easter activity so the rest of us can go on an egg hunt. I also don't see why you couldn't if you have a decent idea. /shrug  I have all previous years in my Easter basket if you want to see them.