Paradisiske

Make upside down mints available in the market/cave on April Fools Day

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Has that actually ever been confirmed, or is it just a guess?

I'm not sure if it's been officially confirmed, but at this point it's nearly a guarantee. If we *were* paired against actual users it just wouldn't play out the way it does, there would be a lag in results at times... In order for player-vs-player to play out in real time there would have to be someone clicking the option in the game the exact same time you do. The fact that the result always shows immediately means it can't possibly be dependent on that. 

I do feel like, if the Fool's mint is available in any other way besides the game, it should still keep the *spirit* of the game. Which means, you have to take a gamble. Have them appear in the biomes just like regular Mints and it's a gamble if you get a Fool or regular. If they are available in the Market, only through buying the regular Mint with a chance that it's a Fool. I realize this may not be what everyone wants, but otherwise it really is just another dragon you can get any old way. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

I do feel like, if the Fool's mint is available in any other way besides the game, it should still keep the *spirit* of the game. Which means, you have to take a gamble. Have them appear in the biomes just like regular Mints and it's a gamble if you get a Fool or regular. If they are available in the Market, only through buying the regular Mint with a chance that it's a Fool. I realize this may not be what everyone wants, but otherwise it really is just another dragon you can get any old way. 

Very much wholeheartedly agree with this; IMO more ways to potentially obtain a fool's mint on the 1st would be good as long as the chance aspect is retained

6 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I'm not sure if it's been officially confirmed, but at this point it's nearly a guarantee. If we *were* paired against actual users it just wouldn't play out the way it does, there would be a lag in results at times... In order for player-vs-player to play out in real time there would have to be someone clicking the option in the game the exact same time you do. The fact that the result always shows immediately means it can't possibly be dependent on that. 

I'm actually neutral here, but I agree that if implemented, it should be done in a way that's something like this. I only just won my first ever upsidedown mint last year, but I really think luck and chance should be an aspect of it. 

Also, I like the idea of mints being set to either 14 or 41 shards instead of 111 for April 1.

I also want to note that many people also want mints because of their cave location, so that may be something to consider regarding biome or market availability. Market seems to function the same way as a cave location when breeding, but still.

7 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Have them appear in the biomes just like regular Mints and it's a gamble if you get a Fool or regular.

I personally like this option better than having them as a one-day market option (biome matters to some people, and Mints are in all but Desert if memory serves)

Sure it would lead to a potential Mint wall on the AP...but no more so than people who choose to breed their upside-down mints on April Fool's day.

I like the idea of having CB Mints be random chance of being upside down on April 1. I also like the idea of having them available in the market. They should be easily affordable. They're supposed to be a fun joke, and it's not fun if trying to get them becomes aggravating. I don't see any reason to limit them.

What if bred Mints also had 50/50 chance of being upside down if laid on April 1?

If it is made random, I'd say that mints should be discounted for the day they can be upside-down--they're common enough that a single day is unlikely to long-term hurt the ratios overmuch.

My personal impulse is that upside-downs should not be breedable, but, like. They're Mints. So it's whatever.

3 hours ago, Guillotine said:

If it is made random, I'd say that mints should be discounted for the day they can be upside-down--they're common enough that a single day is unlikely to long-term hurt the ratios overmuch.

My personal impulse is that upside-downs should not be breedable, but, like. They're Mints. So it's whatever.

I mean, they've been breedable since the original april fools, I dunno why new ones wouldn't be able to. They don't show upside down in linages but its fun to track down high PB from only upside down mints

Yus.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/EJTOX

I DO wish the invertimints in the base layer (all of them are !) showed in the lineage ! It took me a long time to collect the various layers and breed them, and a lot of begging..

I would totally be okay with any Mint produced on April Fool's - Market, biome, breeding - randomly getting the invert-flag assigned or not. It cannot mess up lineages, but it would be a fun surprise when you visit its view page.

If we really wanted to go crazy we could just declare Upside-down Mints to be an official holiday dragon for April Fool's Day and treat them like Halloween dragons. Have a flood of upside-down eggs in the cave, let people egglock themselves, breed lineages full of flipped Mints that can only be bred one day a year.

Since it is just the one day I don't see any reason to fuss over making sure people can't get too many.

12 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yus.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/EJTOX

I DO wish the invertimints in the base layer (all of them are !) showed in the lineage ! It took me a long time to collect the various layers and breed them, and a lot of begging..

Aww, pity that ours are related: https://dragcave.net/lineage/yDtTy

But I agree - I would love to see the Fool's Mints inverted in the lineage view, too.

I'd support this if it was, like, the first market OR biome mint you pick up that day has a 50-50 shot at being flipped. So you can cave hunt for a biome one or get a market one to play it safe, but you do get a second shot if your luck is bad--or maybe you just get a second one.

On 3/17/2021 at 4:05 AM, Tinibree said:

I mean, they've been breedable since the original april fools, I dunno why new ones wouldn't be able to. They don't show upside down in linages but its fun to track down high PB from only upside down mints

It was pretty obvious from context that I meant that the flipped sprite should not be passed down and I'm not sure why so many people deliberately ignored this.

1 hour ago, Guillotine said:

It was pretty obvious from context that I meant that the flipped sprite should not be passed down and I'm not sure why so many people deliberately ignored this.

This thread's kinda been all over with suggestions, so its hard to know what someone's specifically talking about. Your previous line was about market mints, I thought you were still talking about market mints.¯\_(ツ)_/¯  The phrasing was 'shouldnt be breedable' not 'shouldnt be gotten from breeding' which are two different things. (Rosy solstices aren't breedable and bred solstices will never be rosy are different statements.)

Either way, i dont have strong feelings about bred upsidedown mints.

11 hours ago, Tini said:

(Rosy solstices aren't breedable and bred solstices will never be rosy are different statements.)

They ARE breedable, just for the record. It's a time of day thing.They may be different statements, but neither of those statements is true. Just for clarity !

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

They ARE breedable, just for the record. It's a time of day thing.They may be different statements, but neither of those statements is true. Just for clarity !

I know, it was just an example. Sort of calling back to the drama that happened then.

2 hours ago, Tini said:

I know, it was just an example. Sort of calling back to the drama that happened then.

I know, but I could just see someone coming in and thinking Wait WHAT ? :lol:

I think this is a fun suggestion & I'd be all for any of these options.

No idea what this says about my scroll luck, but today it dawned on me that I have won more CB Prizes (2) than upside-down Mints (1)*.  No wonder I seem to have a weird feeling that I'll never get a CB female Mint.  😄 

(*I'm only sharing this comment because it is hilarious to me, not as an actual pity-party. I realize this is not an actual problem at all. :) )

Prisoner's Dilemma is dumb anyways. Everybody should just get a free upside down Mint, unless they've been to dragon-jail. Maybe with a written affidavit they can get a 90° Mint instead.

1 hour ago, Nine said:

Prisoner's Dilemma is dumb anyways. 

Well, what do you expect on April FOOL'S day ? :lol:

3 hours ago, Nine said:

Maybe with a written affidavit they can get a 90° Mint instead.

lol  Too early in the morning for me to laugh this hard. XD

The idea of them being buyable in the market kinda defeats the purpose and spirit of the event and April Fool's. I am not a fan of this idea. I do like the idea of a chance for cave mints to be flipped though, as that does still keep the gag/spoof intent for April Fool's.

I don't understand the "it's not in the spirit of April Fool's to make this fun thing more accessible" idea. April Fool's is about silly fun. Getting one one-out-of-three chance a year to get a silly thing isn't really that fun- it's just gambling with bad odds. The flipped mints themselves are the silly fun, and the dragon's dilemma is just a bonus silly thing to go with them. 

I support them being in the market on April first only, and CB Mints having a random chance of being flipped on April first only, and really any other way of getting them during April Fool's. There's no point in the silly fun if many players never get to participate in it. There's other inaccessible dragons- why should a dragon that's just a fun aesthetic difference be so hard to get? Let people have fun.

Edited by Sylph264

11 minutes ago, Sylph264 said:

I don't understand the "it's not in the spirit of April Fool's to make this fun thing more accessible" idea. April Fool's is about silly fun. Getting one one-out-of-three chance a year to get a silly thing isn't really that fun- it's just gambling with bad odds. The flipped mints themselves are the silly fun, and the dragon's dilemma is just a bonus silly thing to go with them. 

I support them being in the market on April first only, and CB Mints having a random chance of being flipped on April first only, and really any other way of getting them during April Fool's. There's no point in the silly fun if many players never get to participate in it. There's other inaccessible dragons- why should a dragon that's just a fun aesthetic difference be so hard to get? Let people have fun.

Bravo! My feelings exactly! Let the wild rumpus begin!

28 minutes ago, Sylph264 said:

Yes!