angelicdragonpuppy

Show full sprites in lineages setting

Can we have an account setting (or better yet, a toggle on lineage pages) to display lineages not in tiles, but as the full sprite?

Sooo many times I've bred dragons based on what I think would look gorgeous together--and they do on the breed page, both sprites fully displayed together--anddd then you get something that actually looks awful, like the super gorgeous male Venturis being just a floating head & butt in the lineage, as one example :(

Hence would be nice to have a display full image option. Please note the default setting would remain tiles; they've been that way for 10+ years, and too much has been built around how things CURRENTLY look to throw that out. This suggestion MUST exist alongside existing lineage views. It can't replace them.

(Side note in case anyone wonders--I imagine that just like tiles start shrinking past a certain generation length, the full sprites would as well, following the same rules)

Edit: NOW W/EXAMPLES!

1. Wow, Venturis x Silver! Looks so pretty on the breeding page, right??

1.png.5bff04191a983c136266208c4559abca.png

2. Oh Lawd. A floating head butt. :C

2.png.88cbb4433c05d3638c8a066c9bf649c8.png

3. But now OOOH! Look at THIS! It actually shows the poses matching like I wanted! And it doesn't even make the lineage size bigger!

3.png.c238739337fbd9152f70ba4ecd171cae.png

And a 3g just for fun.

4.png.70016c7d8803d66dfcc61832d7ddf8ab.png

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I'm not sure how this would be implemented, but I would also like to see it. I also pick pairings based on how big sprites look together as opposed to their lineage tiles. 

I support this. I have often been disappointed in pairings that look great in the full image, but the lineage tiles don't match well at all!

And some just get cut off weirdly.  Melismores I'm looking at you!

Edited by purplehaze

I agree to this because to me, the newly updated Thunders suffer badly in lineages because they get shrunken, which makes them look darker and harder to see. 

And honestly, sometimes I pair dragons on how they look together in the full sprites, rather than the lineages.

Personally I don't understand why the lineage-tiles cut off so much of the sprites in the first place (like, there must be a way to *not* do that, right?), but yeah definitely support. Some of the sprites really just don't do well in the current cut-off tiles. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

Hey I found the old thread! It's super old tho so I think a new one is warranted.

It has a nice example of an unboxed lineage but stupid photobucket watermark ruins it. Maybe someone could toss up a similar example? My comp died a few months ago and I don't have proper photo editing software atm to do so.

Support!  Venturis are one of my all time favorites on the site but the way the male sprite gets cut is definitely a bit awkward.

I tried doing a mockup but with my art software lost I failed utterly. 

Here are the old mockups; they used the old lineage style and thus aren't what we'd be seeing, but they get the basic point across: you could keep lineage size very close to current AND still see a lovely full sprite.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo162/tikitwo91/Boxed_zps8b5034f9.pnghttp://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo162/tikitwo91/Unboxed_zps148093db.png

Edit: I DIDED IT ALL BY MYSELF MOMMY

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

omg, full support! what better way to fix awkward lineage tiles than to do away with them completely

I'd be for this. It's not like you can even see the lineage tiles while breeding them... It's impossible to take them into account if you're blind-breeding like I usually do.

I do wonder if the lineage tiles are in place because of the large disparity in size from dragon to dragon-- I'd be interested in seeing how something like Stat x Mint would look, because you have one of the larger sprites alongside one of the smallest.

I would think they could still be shrunk/resized in lineages so they would look mostly similar size-wise, it's more about simply showing the *whole* sprite instead of a cut-off sprite (at least that's how I'm reading this?). 

Support; so many dragons get cut off by the tile view, and just shrinking them to fit inside of the boxes could look really underwhelming depending on the sprite proportions. And I agree that toggling would be ideal, since I know people are used to the tile view.

This would be vastly preferred over the number of sprites that get chopped up, or have their heads cut off like the female Blancblack has her head cut in lineage tiles. And I would hope that a change like this would remove the blurriness I see when I zoom up on a lineage tile.

I still think this would be cool. (I'd completely forgotten that old thread, lol.) I definitely choose mates based on the full sprite rather than the lineage tile the vast majority of the time, so it's really disappointing to lose bits of the sprite that might have been key when choosing a particular pair.

5 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I would think they could still be shrunk/resized in lineages so they would look mostly similar size-wise, it's more about simply showing the *whole* sprite instead of a cut-off sprite (at least that's how I'm reading this?). 

The sprites could probably shrink if needed, if you look at the really long lineages the older members are shrunken compared to the closer relatives and you can still mostly make out the sprites. Example if you look closely you'll notice that the CBs are far smaller than Golden Millenia.