dragongrrl

Menu adding extra steps for the mobile version in the Cave.

Posted (edited)

I'm currently stuck using the mobile version for the Cave and the Forum, and a dropdown menu has been added this week which adds an extra step.

The icons at the top of the scroll page and the view page which I use numerous times every day are now buried in the menu, giving me the added step of clicking the menu every time I need to go to Change Sort Order, Actions, Action Logs, Groups, Add to Groups.

I tried asking about in TLQ but it is quickly buried without response. How can I get the icons back on the top of those pages so I don't have to mess with the dropdown menu to find them?

Edited by dragongrrl
Clarification

And it seems to be fixed - for the second time!

Thank you! Now I just hope it stays fixed. :D

No such luck.

Just forget the dropdown menu, please.

Yeah, the dropdown is annoying, adding unnecessary extra clicks.

I second that!

I like the shortcut for 'add to group' on a dragon page, but all the other changes are annoying!

The icons were very good and the easy acces to groups from selecting bar I miss allready 😢

Give those back please!

(If you want to change mobile interface, why not ask mobile users what they actually need?)

Posted (edited)

Is the dropdown menu there to streamline the look of the page?

If so, it wasn't necessary. The added step and the frustration when the menu freezes ain't worth the aggravation.

Please return the icons.

ETA Another day and still stuck with the sticky menu. The one at the top pf the scroll is freezing at least half the times I need to use it. The refresh to unfreeze it is just another added click.

This is an Android 10 LM-Q720, Chrome 87.

Edited by dragongrrl
Update

+1 to this. I primarily use the site on mobile. Drop down menus can be a nightmare on mobile. 

I can’t even use it. It won’t drop down for me. It just get a dot around it and nothing else. I have ios12 on an iPodtouch 6. Have tried it on safari and Firefox 

8 hours ago, Swissalo said:

I can’t even use it. It won’t drop down for me. It just get a dot around it and nothing else. I have ios12 on an iPodtouch 6. Have tried it on safari and Firefox 

What I've been doing is refreshing the page when I get the dot. It usually opens after the refresh.

Until we get a fix on this, I hope the refresh helps.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the dots, too. (iPhone 6s plus)

The refresh doesn't always work to let me access the dots menu thingy.

14 hours ago, dragongrrl said:

What I've been doing is refreshing the page when I get the dot. It usually opens after the refresh.

Until we get a fix on this, I hope the refresh helps.

No such luck.

It has resorted to a drop down menu for me too. I am using Chrome on a Pixel 5 and it's an extra step I do not need. Can we change this back to how it was?

Posted (edited)

It's slightly better now that the actions page is its own icon again but it's still a dropdown for the groups/code links

Edited by Chaos Rider

Except half the time I think I'm hitting the Actions link and the dropdown opens instead.

Yeah, I want the icons for Action Log, Edit Scroll, Groups and Add to Groups as well as Actions all pulled out of the sticky dropdown menu.

I believe I am having the same problem with the drop-down menu.

When I am in mobile view on my iPad, I cannot get the drop-down menu options to appear.

Basically, I click on the drop-down menu and nothing happens.

The only workaround I have found on my iPad is to change it to desktop view. (Which is not very practical on a phone— not sure this would even work on my iPhone and I haven’t tested.)

16 minutes ago, missy_ said:

I believe I am having the same problem with the drop-down menu.

When I am in mobile view on my iPad, I cannot get the drop-down menu options to appear.

Basically, I click on the drop-down menu and nothing happens.

The only workaround I have found on my iPad is to change it to desktop view. (Which is not very practical on a phone— not sure this would even work on my iPhone and I haven’t tested.)

Does refreshing the page help the menu to work? That's what I'm doing when it stalls. 

The frequency of the stalls is slightly down for me from half of the times to somewhere between once every 3 or 4 times. 

At this point, I'm just bearing with it since there seems to be no fix forthcoming.

The only thing I have found that fixes it is to switch from mobile to desktop mode. (When I do that, it automatically refreshes; just tested it.)