Jump to content
Doctortear

The Curators: Dimensional Task Force

Recommended Posts

XnDQnyg.png

fTYLPFy.png

 

In an abandoned room coated in dust, a single piece of crumpled paper lays discarded on a table. Unfolding the paper reveals that it’s a hastily-written note that reads: 

 

To whom it may concern,

 

Welcome to the multiverse! Unfortunately, you’ve come at a terrible time. 

Just three months ago, an accident happened at the Interdimensional Central Hub, the largest gathering place for interdimensional communities in the multiverse. Some sort of entity, a glitch as we know call it, manifested in the middle of the ICH and instantly infected everything and everyone within the vicinity, transforming everything into more of itself. Any dimension that was connected to the ICH were subsequently infected as well. Now, all of the major governments in the multiverse has been nearly eradicated, the interdimensional community as a whole has been torn in half, dimensional anomalies have been occurring at an alarming rate, and the glitches have began to spread to other worlds. You were likely torn out of your own homeworld with no knowledge of the multiverse and for that I am sorry. Your best chance of survival is to seek refuge in whatever civilization predominates the world you’ve entered. You should never, never, get close to a glitch. You’ll know when you see one. Just being near it will fill you with an insurmountable feeling of dread. Remember, if you get near a glitch, let alone touch one, it’s over. Even if you somehow manage to kill one, it’ll revive within minutes. There is no hope of defeating them so please, stay safe.

 

Regards,

What Remains

 

Founded by survivors of the ICH incident, the Curators are a newly formed organization that have found themselves in a unique situation that just might allow them to save the multiverse. Among their ranks is Basil, an entity created in the same dimensional warp the glitches came from. He has the unique ability to resist the corrupting power of the glitches and stop them from reviving after being defeated. With Basil’s help, the Curators have devised a plan to travel to worlds affected by a glitch, defeat the glitch, and restore the world back to normal. It is an ambitious goal, especially considering the state of the multiverse, but hey! Everyone has to start somewhere.

 

You are a fictional character. You might be from a canon or original world. You could be new to the multiverse or already have experience with it, but, whoever you are, you have somehow ended up in the ranks of the Curators. It is your mission to explore a variety of worlds, hunt down the glitches, collect their cores, and hopefully figure out a way to stop all of reality from collapsing. No pressure!

 

The Junction

One of the last bastions of safety in the multiverse, the Junction is a floating island nestled away in a dimension called the Distortion World. Despite the Distortion World being “dimensionally stable” it does have a few quirks to it. The Distortion World, and by extension the Junction, isn’t bound by the laws of physics. It’s possible to walk up sideways onto certain buildings or floating rocks and the entire dimension appears to be contained in a world of endless spiraling, spatial clouds. Plants grow on any available surface so they have to be trimmed frequently. The creator of the Distortion World is an entity called Giratina. It has become oddly friendly with the Curators, begging for snacks or the occasional chin scratch. Because the Distortion World was unaffiliated with the rest of the multiverse prior to the Curators stumbling upon it, there are no warp pads that can be used to access the outside worlds. Only Basil and the Head Scientist, Add, can warp people in and out of the Junction using their innate powers. 

 

Below is a list of all the facilities and rooms in the Junction. Empty rooms may be filled as time goes on.

 

Residential: Main housing for all members.

Floor 1:

  • Main Entrance
  • Dining/Meeting Room
  • Kitchen
  • Warp pad to Observatory

Floor 2:

  • Resident rooms
  • Library (Bottom Floor)

Floor 3

  • Library (Upper Floor)
  • Empty Rooms

Floor 4:

  • Empty Rooms (?)

 

Observatory: A floating tower where a few key operations take place

Floor 1:

  • Infirmary
  • Alchemy Room

Floor 2:

  • Observatory

 

Garden: A garden filled with plants of all varieties. Home to the native slimes.

 

Training Center: An open field where curators can train against dummies or each other.

 

Hot Spring: Added by popular demand. A communal hot spring where the curators can relax.

 

Stables: Housing for mounts and some pets

 

Expedition Tools

To help the Curators on their expeditions to other worlds, each member is given “The Curator Starter Pack” which includes a few tools that will make exploring easier. Currently, the Curators are only given two tools to help them, but as more worlds are saved and communications with other interdimensional worlds are established, more tools may become available. 

 

The omni-tool is a multipurpose handheld device that was widely used across the multiverse before the ICH incident. The omni-tool appears as a orange hologram over the user’s arm or hand that can be summoned and dismissed at will. It’s capable of communication with other omni-tools via holographs, scanning items, taking photos, emitting a flashlight, dispensing an all-purpose medical salvant known as medi-gel, translating most languages in real-time (in both verbal and written formats), and even downloading and playing video games. Omni-tools can be upgraded to include weapons, shields, hacking mechanisms, and the ability to break down materials into omni-gel.

 

The glitch repellent is a small canister containing a biological component, such as hair or a fingernail, from Basil. When a glitch is in the proximity of the repellent, it’ll be unable to infect new victims or revive after being “killed”. Glitch cores can only be safely handled in the presence of the repellent. Curators simply need to carry the canister on their person to protect themselves from glitches. Some Curators have fashioned their glitch repellent into accessories so they can save the universe fashionably!

 

Combat

This RP utilizes a very basic rolling system to help make fights go smoothly. This might sound intimidating if you aren’t familiar with how rolling works, but don’t worry! Fighting is not the focal point of this RP and rolling is primarily used to make writing fights easier. While I’m sure most people are familiar with how this system works, I’ll be going into as much detail as possible to ensure everyone is on the same page.

 

Fights are split into rounds where both you and the enemy have the chance to attack and defend at least once. Every time your character attacks or defends themself, you’ll roll a D20 die from a bot in the Discord server. Whoever has the highest number will successfully attack/defend that round of combat. The purpose of rolling is to make writing fights more cohesive so there are no stats or health bars to worry about. How much damage you do/don’t take mostly boils down to common sense, but just for a frame of reference, I’ll provide an example of one round of combat below.

EX:

  • You and a friend want to attack two bandits.
  • You roll a 18 to attack the first bandit and your friend rolls a 9 to attack the second bandit.
  • The first bandit rolls a 3 for defense and the second bandit rolls a 16.
  • The first bandit is badly hurt because your attack roll was much higher than the bandit’s defense roll, but the second bandit blocks your friend’s attack because her defense roll was higher than your friend’s attack roll.
  • The bandits attack. The first bandit, badly wounded, rolls a 12 to attack you and the second bandit rolls a 14 to attack your friend.
  • You roll a 11 to defend and your friend rolls a 14.
  • You take a minimal amount of damage because your defense roll was close to the bandit’s attack roll. Your friend manages to successfully block the attack because their defense roll was equal to the bandit’s attack roll.
  • This concludes one round of combat. 
  • Fights typically end once everyone in the interaction unanimously decide to wrap it up. 

 

We will also be using modifiers but only for a few select things. Modifers are when you add or subtract from a roll so instead of rolling a D20, you would roll D20+3 or D20-3. Modifiers can be applied to a character's main weapon(s) or abilities that give buffs or debuffs. These modifiers would be written into your character sheet in the "weapon / abilities" section. You can view a few examples below.

EX:

  • Your character is a skilled swordsman. When they use a sword, their attacks get a +3 bonus.
  • Your character has an ability that gives allies a shield. When your allies roll for defense, they get a +4 bonus.
  • Your character has an ability that makes enemies weaker. When the enemy rolls for attack, they get a -2 penalty.

 

If you like, you can roll outside of combat. For example, you might be asked to roll for your character to notice something suspicious or you may roll to convince an NPC to do something for you. This kind of rolling is mostly optional. All rolls will be recorded in a Google Doc so we can both always refer back to them if need be and make sure everyone is on the same page.

 

Rules

  • No godmodding, powerplaying, or metagaming.
  • Check out our Discord server! In my experience, Discord servers are much more effective than a normal OOC thread so it’s essential you participate in the server. If you’re hesitant to join, then send me a PM and we can talk things over.
  • Be considerate towards other people! Disagreements are bound to happen, but remember that there’s another person behind that anime profile picture. If you ever feel like a conversation is getting heated or you have an issue with someone else in the RP, don’t be afraid to contact me! I’ll do my best to resolve the conflict.
  • As of right now, the character limit is four. Please limit pre-established relationships between your own characters unless the characters are a set deal like a pokemon trainer and their pokemon. 
  • There is no hard limit for when you need to post, but if people are waiting on you to post for over a month, then I’ll sit you down to talk about it. If you ever need to take a break from the RP, for whatever reason, let me know! 

 

Character Sheets

All sheets will be made in Google Docs! You’re free to make your sheets as simple or pretty as you like so long as you fill in all the required information. Sheets will be submitted in the chatroom and completed sheets will be listed down below. If your character is already experienced with the multiverse, come talk to me so we can work a few things out. If you have any questions regarding character sheets or if you need to edit your sheet, come talk to me!

 

Name:

Gender:

Age:(Can be an approximation)

Species:

Fandom: (If this character is an OC or a mix between different franchises, please list that here.
If your character has a wiki page, link it here.)

Profile: (Give a short summary of your character. Three sentences minimum.)

Weapons / Abilities: (Add modifiers if applicable. If new powers/abilities are acquired in the RP, they can be added here)

Other:(Be sure to link a picture of your character somewhere in their sheet! )

 

 

i6XWou0.png

Edited by Doctortear

Share this post


Link to post

yEplBH6.png

o5AlbVK.png

STATUS: Healthy || Anxious

 LOCATION: The Garden

CURATORS: Basil

 OTHER PARTICIPANTS: Slimes

 

"Basil quit taking pictures of the slimes!" The brunet had squatted near a bush where two anemo slimes were dozing. Basil glanced over at Add, his fingers twitching on the rim of his Rotom Phone.
"But—"
"This isn't the time to be fooling around," Add snapped. Basil opened his mouth to retort but closed it when Add narrowed his eyes dangerously. Basil gave the slimes one last guilty glance. Add watched Basil stood up and then, satisfied that he would follow, turned away. Stuffing his hands forcibly into his pockets, Add marched down the dirt path. His drones, the dynamos followed closely behind him, twitching occasionally as though impatient. Add looked up at the sky. Among the clouds, there was a very clear, jagged white line stretched across the sky. Add pressed his lips into a line. The cracks were getting worse. They had grown significantly since they had appeared just three days prior. Add, nor anyone else for that matter, had any idea what lay on the other side of the cracks, but the longer they waited, the bigger the cracks became. He and everyone else at the Junction had spent the past few days debating on what to do. It had been a fractious discussion that had only settled once Joker brought up Crow and—no.
 
Add shook his head. He wasn't going to think about what happened to Crow. What mattered was that everyone, hesitantly for some, had agreed on a single solution: they were going to open the cracks.
 
Near the center of the garden was a small open area devoid of vegetation outside of grass and a few small patches of colorful flowers. A couple of slimes were rolling around the edge of the tiny field, watching with slight interest as Add made his way towards the center of the field. Basil followed closely, his Rotom Phone hovering next to his shoulder. The white crack hung in the air right above the center of the field. It stood out starkly against the dark spatial clouds within the sky, a clear abnormality. Add halted just a few feet away from where the crack remained. He took in a deep breath, inhaling and exhaling slowly as anxiety began to gnaw at his stomach. He couldn't give in now, not when he was so close.
 
With a flick of his wrist, Add's dynamos fly in front of him and formed a circle. A purple light began to emanate from the center of the circle. Sparks bounced off the dynamos as the light grew into a charged ball. Add looked up at the crack as the electricity from his dynamos bathed the field in purple light. He exhaled one last time, mentally prepared himself, then snapped his fingers. The electricity raced towards the crack. As soon as the shot landed, the entire world became nothing but white light.
 
As soon as the light appeared, it vanished. The crack had shrunk considerably, becoming little more than a few centimeters long, but that wasn't the most noticeable difference. Bodies had appeared in the cracks places. They suspended in the air for just a brief moment before they all plummeted down onto the ground. Add immediately took a step back.
 "They look different from the last one, but we still need to be careful," Add said. "Basil, keep your distance. Basil? Hey, Basil?" Completely unperturbed, Basil strolled right past Add and walked right up to the bodies. "Basil!" Add watched in thinly veiled horror as Basil bent down and poked the cheek of one of the invaders.
"They're just people," Basil said. Add blinked in disbelief.
"What?"
"I said," Basil continued as he waved his Rotom Phone to come closer. "They're just people, not glitches." It took a minute for Basil's words to sink in. The people bore no visual resemblance to a glitch, true, but even if that was the case, there was no knowing who they were or what they were capable of. Add stared at the strangers warily, but eventually, he reluctantly unclenched his fists and folded his arms against his chest.
 
"Fine, but we need to keep our eyes on them," Add said. Basil perked up. Turning his attention back towards the strangers, he cocked his head to the side curiously. Just as some of the people began to stir, Basil snatched the Rotom Phone from the air and took a picture.
 "Ha." Basil smiled down at the photo. "Nice."

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

BrXjuqc.png

⇢ Log In....... ⇠

⇢ Isaias ;; Anubis ;; Non-combat ⇠

⇢ She ;; He ;; They ⇠

Condition ;; Okay ⇠

⇢ Distortion World ;; ??? ⇠

⇢ Update ;; Possible Threat? ⇠

 

"Ha. Nice."

 

Isaias momentarily forgot about the pain in their side and temple, the voice piercing through their confused displeasure about abruptly hitting the ground. Twisting partially, they pulled their arm free from beneath them to prop up and lift their eyes. They stared at the brown-haired individual with some kind of device in his hand. "Anubis..." Isaias mumbled. Their gaze drifted over to the cloaked person, concerning dark machines floating near the boy. A... gelatinous... blob thing, bounced and rolled by in front of them. "I swear, Anubis," they started again. "If this is your doing--"

 

The hood of their jacket started to move, a black-furred humanoid canine popping its head free of the fabric. The miniscule creature sputtered and spat, shoving aside strands of Isaias's hair. "My doing?" Anubis huffed, grabbing their ear as he scurried over their shoulder to land upon the ground. "If this was my doing, you would have landed more gracefully," the puny god crossed his arms, rapidly tapping a booted foot on the grass. He took in the same surroundings Isaias did. "Maybe you're just having a fever dream."

 

"That you're experiencing too?" Doubtful. Isaias hadn't even gone to bed. They'd been on the trail of a new Suetekh--or Set--Contractor that had started popping open Chaos Pockets within the city and luring ordinary humans in. The Egyptian god wasn't necessarily evil, so Anubis had explained to Isaias, but people always ended up hurt each time Set forged a new contract. And xe had been forging several small-time contracts lately. Maybe they'd fallen into one such Pocket without realizing it? It just didn't... look like a Chaos Pocket. Not exactly. Sure, the physics-defying chunks of land and lack of actual sky gave the right impression. But there was still something off, starting with the strangers, the plantlife, and the living Jell-O. 

 

Picking themself up, Isaias scooped Anubis off the ground in the same motion, sweeping him onto their shoulder to sit. "Where are we?" Isaias asked, looking between the two figures with thinly veiled uncertainty. What were the chances these two would know the answer to that? A glance behind them made Isaias aware of the other people stirring upon the ground and they took a step back. Once more, their attention hurried to the floating machines near the cloaked boy. Not knowing if it was supposed to be a display of hostility or something else, they tried to keep an eye on the movements of both unknowns before them.

 

02lKIC5.jpg

⇢ Log In....... ⇠

⇢ Dr. Ivo Robotnik ;; "Eggman" ;; Badnik Activating ⇠

Condition ;; Healthy ⇠

⇢ Distortion World ;; Kitchen ⇠

⇢ Update ;; Just need a fork ⇠

 

Dining utensils clattered about as his hand swept through the drawer. At one point, Robotnik selected a fork and brought it up to eye-level, flipping it one way then another and a third. A moment later, he bit down on the tines, tasting the metal and listening to the sound of his teeth clicking against the metal. Unsatisfied, he tossed it over his shoulder, ignoring as it clattered upon the tiled floor of the kitchen. "Nagito! Stone!" he called as he continued his search for a utensil with adequate properties for what his genius machines required. With the right fork, Robotnik could craft his greatest cooking Badnik yet. Or he could end up creating an unstoppable machine to decapitate all of his enemies in a single swoop! 

 

It could go either way and he hadn't made a final decision yet.

 

Where was Nagito and Stone? Oh the woes of having to constantly deal with far inferior beings that were often much too slow for Robotnik's completely satisfaction. But what was one to do with people who were unfortunately ailed by the limitations of cruel fates granted them at birth? At least Ganyu had a refreshingly wonderful talent in brewing lattes. He had always loved the way Agent Stone made his but, ever since Robotnik was sent to a mushroom planet and then warped to this Distortion World, Stone 2.0 could not fulfill any latte demands. For the breadth of a nanosecond, Robotnik paused to reminisce and grieve the loss of Stone's steamed Austrian goat milk lattes.... Okay, enough of that.

 

That emotion was processed, catalogued, and tossed aside in favor of returning to his search for the best fork in the drawer. Several more were placed between his teeth, tongue flicking at the stiff edges. None of them were good enough and all of them plummeted to the ground once tossed away. Eventually, he decided to just jimmy the entire drawer, tearing it out of the counter to dump its contents upon the surface. At this rate, it would just be more convenient to melt all the utensils down and make the exact fork he needed. Working smarter, after all, was better than working harder. With the press of a few buttons upon his gloves, he summoned once of his lovely Badniks. 

 

Hastily designed within the few days he'd been here, the machine was oval in shape and sported a simple paint job; as similar to those in the precious collection he'd created back on Earth. It came to hover near his face and Robotnik cooed at the creation, patting its perfect shell before pressing a couple more buttons against his palm. As panels shifted and opened to reveal the robotic arms within, Robotnik searched for something that could contain molten metal without becoming molten metal itself. "Nagito!" he shouted one more time.

Edited by ValidEmotions

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

ffK7Qcl.png

V. Niccolò Cerullo - A World Unknown

 

Virgil swears a few times in Italian before opening his eyes. Where the hell am I….? He coughs, realizing he’d landed on his stomach, which had knocked the wind out of him. The boulder he’d barely managed to create had failed to protect him from that, as he notices pieces of the shattered rock on the ground.

 

Well, he needs to work on reinforcing that, for sure. Aurelius would be more than disappointed in his lack of progress working on a defense. Well, whatever. Why need a defense when your rock missiles are just that goddamn good? Considering what had been happening-

 

--What had been happening? All he recalls is that James was also protecting someone with a boulder- had to be Evonna, if memory serves. Monica screeched for a reason he can’t recall, maybe he hit his head too. All he sees is a beautiful garden, one with all sorts of flowers, trees, bushes… he knows a few Beacons who’d have a field day here. It’s strange though- none of this place is familiar. Had he been killed? Is this some sort of heaven—

 

He hears a click.

 

“Ha. Nice.” 

 

Nothing about that voice was familiar. 

 

Instantly, Virgil scrambles to his feet and looks around. Unbeknownst to him, his breath had returned to normal- although with the panic rising,  his breathing starts to quicken. It’s at that point that his brain switches off.

 

Dove sono?” He turns to the nearest conscious person. “Cosa sta succedendo? Chi siete persone ??? PERCHÉ SONO MORTO?  AIUTO!!!!Where am I? What’s going on? Who are you people??? WHY AM I DEAD? HELP!!!! Virgil doesn’t care about how ridiculous he must look. He doesn’t care how loud he is. No. His main concern is the fact that he’s in a trippy world, with trippy people, and he’s Pretty Goddamn Sure that someone just took a picture. 

 

Really, at this point, nothing matters. He’s too freaked out to think about any of the other details.

 

Once again, not to his awareness, someone else wakes up not too far away….

 

h7jtRE1.png 

 

 

Adora :) - You Again?

 

She had been snuggling with Catra at Brighmoon. Adora remembers feeling the weight of Catra’s head against her chest and hearing the soft, happy purrs in her ears. She’d felt, for once in her life, safe. Warm, comfortable, and safe. The Horde had been taken care of, she and Catra were together again- friendship plus More- and…. for once, all had seemed right. Now she finds herself nestled in a lot of shrubs. Almost like that time in Brightmoon, almost like those darn cushions, she finds herself drowning in them. She yelps and tries to fight her way out.

 

This time, however, she manages to get herself out, rolling out and landing on her knees. To her confusion, she hears a rather loud noise and looks up. Someone is shouting in another language- a tall young man with black hair that reaches a couple inches past his chin and a rather warm-looking yellow and black jacket. She raises her eyebrow and walks up to him, placing a hand on his arm. “Hey buddy, you alright?

 

He stiffens and whips around to look down at her. His bright green eyes flash in some sort of emotion that Adora has difficulty reading. Upon looking at her, his expression softens. It seems that helps calm him down, though Adora has no idea what she did to get that reaction. Regardless, he’s calming down, so she doesn’t mind that all she had to do was ask if he was okay. When his breathing seems to calm- or at least his shoulders stop moving so much- he scratches the back of her head and gives a sheepish smile.

 

A-ah, sorry…!

 

Hey, it’s not a huge deal. I’m Adora, and—"  she notices, among some of the strange new people, a very familiar face. She looks behind the stranger and narrows her eyes at the green shapeshifter. “You.

 

What-”  the young man is confused, but Adora keeps her focus on them. 

 

Her eyes narrow further.

 

3lxUWFt.png

 

Lara K - I Don’t Think We’re in the Walls Anymore

 

Whoa, whoa. Where in the walls am I?

 

None of this looks like anywhere in the walls, if Lara is to be honest with herself. None of her friends are here, her horse Sieg is nowhere to be found….. Not even her best friend Claire can be seen.

 

Instead, she sees a number of people in varying states of consciousness. Nearby, she notes two people talking, wearing some very odd clothing. Both are, she assumes, young adults. The taller one, the man, seems to be recovering from a freak out. From what she could infer, the blonde, who she notes as very pretty, somehow managed to calm him down. She did hear some shouting before waking up, and the woman seems to be much calmer (perhaps taking things in?), so she feels her guess is right.

 

She keeps looking around.

 

It seems not everyone here is completely human, either, and this worries her. But as long as nobody is trying to eat her, she’s fine for now. Luckily, there’s not a Titan in sight.

 

Lara pats her gear to make sure it’s still there. To her relief, it is. She walks up to a young, darker-haired person holding a strange, dog-like humanoid. Lara tries to make sure that she doesn’t seem hostile, this person seems wary enough to begin with. They’re staring at two figures near them, as if trying to get some answers. So she follows their lead. “Excuse me,” she says to the person, trying not to startle them too much. Then she faces the person they’re addressing. Briefly, she hopes she’s intimidating to these people at the very least.


Yeah, I’d like to know where we are…. I’d like to know I’m not having some weird-ass fever dream. And if I am…. can I wake up, please?

 

 

Edited by Mikasa361

Share this post


Link to post

Tovan Khev
<Status: Stable | Panicking>
<Location: Observatory -> Residential hallways (en route to the Garden)>

 

~~

 

The sound of a clock alarm quickly reached Tovan's ears. "Nyergh... five more minutes, Rinna..."

 

He'd been spending a lot of his time in the observatory lately - it wasn't like anybody could blame him; it was the closest thing he had to actually warping through the stars as he used to - and he'd been spending the past few days keeping an eye on the size of the cracks, even camping out inside the observatory so he could do so.

 

The minute he looked at the clock, however, he gasped and scrambled to get his jacket on, sprinting for the door. Kllhe'mhne--!! I'm late!! He was supposed to be in the garden an hour ago!

 

No sooner was his jacket on than he ran out the observatory door, warped to the main residential area, and started making way towards the garden. He prayed that nothing happened on the way there...

 

~~

 

Double Trouble
<Status: Stable | Amused>
<Current Form: True Form>
<Location: The Garden>
<Curators: Add | Basil>
<Others: multiple Slimes | Hibiki | Y'shtola | Isaias | Virgil | Adora | Lara | Kouji>

 

Hibiki Tachibana
<Status: Stable | Spooked>
<Gungnir Symphogear: Inactive>
<Location: The Garden>
<Curators: Add | Basil>
<Others: multiple Slimes | Double Trouble | Y'shtola | Isaias | Virgil | Adora | Lara | Kouji>

 

Y'shtola Rhul
<Status: Stable | Exasperated>
<Location: The Garden>
<Curators: Add | Basil>
<Others: multiple Slimes | Double Trouble | Hibiki | Isaias | Virgil | Adora | Lara | Kouji>

 

~~

 

"Ugh, that is the last time I agree to let Thancred try to--" One look around was all it took for Y'shtola to lose her train of thought for a few moments. "...annnnnd if this isn't the seventh hell, then I don't know what is."

 

"What, were hells one through six taken already?"

 

This new voice startled Y'shtola badly, inciting an audible gasp and a decent jolt. "...I'll thank you to not scare me like that again."

 

"Oh, sorry, did I startle you? I didn't even get into character yet..." The green-skinned creature then took in their surroundings, how some places seemed to be sideways or upside-down with the gravity to match. "...though in a place like this, it might get a bit hard to get into character..."

 

"...an actor, are we?" Y'shtola sighed. She was not in the mood for theatrics; she got enough of those from the Warrior of Light. She turned her attention to another near her - a Hyuran girl, from the looks of things - just as she began to stir.

 

"...e-eh...? Where am I? Miku?" The blonde girl looked around.

 

"Mm, no, not quite, darling. Unless you want me to...?"

 

"...u-uh, no thank you. Do either of you know where we are?"

 

Y'shtola shook her head. "No. I initially thought that maybe this is the seventh hell, but... no, that doesn't seem to be the case."

 

The green-skinned shapeshifter shrugged. "Sorry, darling, but I'm just as lost as you are. Honestly, I was about to have a field day, too, with so many people ready to--"

 

"You."

 

The lizard-creature stopped when he heard that familiar voice. "Well, well, if it isn't the Princess of Power herself! Fancy meeting you here, Adora."

 

Y'sthola narrowed her eyes. "You know this woman."

 

"She and I are acquaintances, yes. She's helped me with more roles than I care to count, really. I already feel like I can hone my talents here, kitten."

 

"Do not call me that. My name is Y'shtola." The Miqo'te woman crosses her arms. "...and I would like to know both of yours."

 

The blonde girl cheerfully went first. "I'm Tachibana Hibiki! It's nice to meet you both, Y'shtola-san and... um...?"

 

No time to reveal it like now. The lizard-creature's appearance fades into a black silhouette, distorts, and when an appearance fades back into view, they look exactly like the blonde girl, prompting her to scream.

 

Then they repeat the process several times, changing into the other blonde woman (Y'shtola had heard them call her Adora?), then the black-haired man next to her, then the white-haired one nearby, then the preteen boy, and then Y'shtola herself. "Please..."

 

And then, back to their original appearance. "...call me Double Trouble."

 

"...so you're a shapeshifter, then. And a damn good one too, from what I just witnessed..." At hearing the subtle compliment, Double Trouble took a bow and grinned.

 

This was going to be an interesting place...

 

~~

Share this post


Link to post

0034b706c70fb93a20310ec8cd76af53.png 

 

「 Sandalphon 

Location: Infirmary 

Present: Akechi

Currently: Ending Akechi's life support 

 

The room he has newly-arrived in is strange. 

 

To be fair, Sandalphon wasn't explicitly trying to make his way into what the archangel naturally assumed to be purgatory, from the way that the dimmed lights overhead and the clean white walls around him seemed to invite silence and contemplation. He'd been traversing the land, in search of rumours of primarch activity that he'd overheard from some skyfarers travelling around, when suddenly the sky above him had seemed to distort. As someone not afraid of a little supernatural activity, Sandalphon had approached what was obviously a challenge from some cocky primarch -- Grimnir, most likely -- not afraid to die, and abruptly found himself standing here. 

 

It ticks him off. Where he had been expecting a battle he meets silence instead, and the echoing nothingness is frustrating. He stalks through the room, disrupting its calm quietness with obvious silence fury, and glares down at the many neatly-aligned beds with a vengeance. Some trick -- sending him into what seems to be a human resting room, where the humans tried so desperately to heal aliments and tend wounds. He holds a low opinion of these areas, being that Sandalphon holds the idea that the humans should simply try to not die instead. Or maybe just die -- he carely cares, considering how quickly they actually do. 

 

So that is the explanation he uses for why he tears through the room with little care, until curtains he flings aside in his search for some answer as to the question of his location leads to the revelation of a seemingly-unconscious man lying on the bed, immobile. With loose brown hair, his pallor clearly indicates some kind of illness, one which Sandalphon doesn't give too much thought towards, considering that if the man were truly as ill as his present appearance presented him to be, it would not be long before he perished completely. Archangels, while not able to perform miracles, can still sense some kind of looming death that hangs over the existence of all mortals.

 

Approaching with little regard as to the man's privacy, Sandalphon skims his gaze around. The room is empty and the man close to death seems to have been forgotten by any who would have cared for him, considering the nothingness present in the infirmary. How pitiful. This is the kind of thing that the humans' useless tragedies write about. 

 

He might as well help him along, Sandalphon thinks, as he casually jerks out multiple wires.

 

Surprisingly, the machine starts beeping -- Sandalphon jumps in response to the sudden loud noise, almost like a warning or indicator of something. It is annoying, and even as he shakes the machine it doesn't stop. 

 

"Stop it," Sandalphon growls, raising his voice above the beeping in an effort to show that he can be as loud as this machine, and raises a hand -- he is seconds away from pulling out World Ender and just destroying the bed and machine whole. 

 

--

 

1e0fc654ac28acf54983dfa81fa7f2b3.png

 

「 Lucio

Location: Observatory Top --> Outside Residential Hallway Window

Present: Tovan 

Currently: Falling off the Observatory 

 

Oh!

 

This isn't good, Lucio recognises, as he finds himself barreling down towards a large dome in the distance. His descent isn't quite what he'd preferred; there is a little too much velocity, and Lucio is certain that if he were to crash onto the dome now, he would likely destroy the structure. A human structure -- and the last thing he wants to do is upset the humans, even as the land below him seems unfamiliar at first glance. He has lived a long time and travelled to many places; unfamiliar structures are hardly an unusual sight, and it fills his chest with bursting, endearing delight to watch the fast -- so fast! -- progression of humanity's technology. Soon, he thinks -- they will likely achieve things even he cannot think of. 

 

Lucio draws himself back, six wings flapping against the strong winds bringing him downwards, and manages to slow himself somewhat. Wrapping his wings around himself as a sort of feathered barrier, he hits the side of the Observatory with enough surface area to spread the impact's force outward, even as the glass seems to tremble underneath his form. The strength of the impact stuns him a bit -- it has been a while since Lucio has been in battle, especially considering Sandalphon has gone strangely quiet as of late, and he finds himself spiraling downward in a mess of wings and feathers. At the last minute Lucio collects himself together enough to not completely facepalm onto the ground below; instead, drawing out Eden, he does a flip and digs his weapon into the earth to centre himself as his wings flap into the air, keeping him afloat slightly off the ground. 

 

Looking around, he sights a figure passing through a window, and enthusiastically waves. 

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Bom-Byx

[ STATUS: Alive || Sore ]

[ LOCATION: Library ]

[ CURRENTY: Overcoming nausea ]

 

"Oh my mother, great observer, my adored all-seeing mother, if I'm ever this sick again, kill me please." She muttered to herself through clenched teeth.

 

Far too dizzy to open her eyes or gain a decent understanding of her surroundings, she lurched forward yet again, choking down bile rising in her throat. It smelled dusty. It felt dusty. Her foot met the end of some tough, leathery object, sending it skidding across the floor. Her large paws grabbed in the air for a moment before catching hold of a hard, smooth surface that assisted her in steadying herself. The other paw resting on her thigh, taking pressure off her sore back. How did she end up this sore anyway? She had only been walking through the same dirty corridors as always, mind wandering away from her as she completed her usual maintenance routine. Her utility belt still hung heavy on her hips, the secure feeling of her vest around her chest was still the same. But it all felt so off somehow. And terribly nauseating. She still wouldn't open her eyes. Some part of her didn't want to come to terms with whatever just happened.

 

Skipper

[ STATUS: Alive || Oblivious ]

[ LOCATION: Residential Entrance ]

[ CURRENTLY: Exploring ]

 

He was in a whole new place again. This time without people in white lab coats gazing down at him.

 

This isn't the first time this has happened. He thought.

 

If this keeps up, it probably won't be the last either. Replied another thought.

 

Do penguins have knees? An unhelpful thought.

 

There are others here I can feel it I can feel them. Maybe a useful thought?

 

Bacon lasagna. He didn't even know what that was.

 

The more he thought about these thoughts the more it occurred to him that they seemed more disconnected than usual. He wasn't sure if he was dreaming or not, his senses got jumbled up sometimes, just an affect of the material fused with his body he supposed. He looked about his surroundings. Definitely not on Earth, nor an alternative one. Everything seemed oddly distorted. The only thing that has ever been this distorted was the time he dreamed he was skydiving but falling upwards towards space, not down. That was a weird dream. He observed about himself that he seemed to have a lot of weird dreams. Dreams about flying, dreams about a family, and worst of all, dreams filled with the terrible smell of old cheese and alcohol. He concluded that he must be in a dream of some kind, so he set about exploring the doors of this building, or at lest he assumed they were doors. Dreams can't always be trusted.

Edited by DustyStar

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

5rbf8VX.png

l9o2n02.png

STATUS: Healthy || Disorientated

 LOCATION: The Garden

CURATORS: Add, Basil, Isaias, Virgil, Adora, Lara, Kouji, Double Trouble, Hibiki, Y'shtola

 OTHER PARTICIPANTS: Slimes

 

He was right there, just in arm's reach. The cave had started to collapse. Stalactite began to fall from the ceiling and the earth began to crack underneath Ara's feet. Ara could hear Elsword call for her, but his words sounded so distant. Aren was right there. Her brother was so close she could practically touch him. She had him. She had him, and yet, just as she was about to reach out the ground shattered and she was swallowed into the abyss. Aren watched her with cold eyes, devoid of the familiar affection she was accustomed to, as she fell into the abyss. The world grew dark and cold. For a while, there was nothing and then, suddenly, she landed in a flower bush.

 

"W-What?" Ara blinked, confused. She pushed herself upward, slowly climbing out of the bush as she registered where she was. "Aren...?" Her brother did not answer, but Ara quickly realized that she was not alone. All around her were other people, all unfamiliar, and many of them standing around and speaking with one another. A cursory glance around her surroundings confirmed that Ara was in some sort of garden or the outskirts of a forest perhaps. In a small panic, Ara patted her head worriedly and only sighed in relief after she felt Eun's hairpin still clipped in her hair. Her trust spear had fallen onto the ground just next to the bush. Ara picked it up, feeling both reassured that she had both her weapon and her precious friend and yet still concerned that she had no idea how she went from falling in a cave to landing in a bush. 

 

Holstering her spear, Ara approached the strangers.

"Um, h-hey!" She glanced between the green-skinned individual and the blond with the ponytail. The former was smiling, but Ara could tell there was tension between them. "We don't need to fight! Maybe we can all calm down and figure out what's going on before anything else?" Ara didn't actually know what was going on, but then everyone else appeared to be just as confused as she was. At least, that was what she thought until she heard someone clear their throat and—wait, was that who she thought it was?

 

 

yEplBH6.png

o5AlbVK.png

STATUS: Healthy || Annoyed

 LOCATION: The Garden

CURATORS: Basil, Isaias, Virgil, Adora, Lara, Kouji, Double Trouble, Hibiki, Y'shtola, Ara

 OTHER PARTICIPANTS: Slimes

 

Oh great, Ara was here. Add knew that it wasn't his Ara, but he never got used to seeing different versions of someone he knew wander around the multiverse. Add stared at Ara for another heartbeat before clearing his throat a second time and motioning for all the strangers to get closer.
"I thought you were going to let me handle this?" Basil teased, lowering his voice down to a whisper.
"Shut up," Add snapped. "I was going to, but I didn't realize it would be this much of a production and you're too laid-back to take this seriously." Basil snickered at Add's response but made no further comments. Rolling his eyes, Add took a few steps forward towards the group.

 

"Based on your collective confusion, I assume none of you intended to come here," Add said. "You all came from there." Add pointed to the small crack above the group. "We don't know how or why you're here, but you are so we'll all just have to deal with it." Add raised his arm horizontally in front of him. His omni-tool came to live, shining an intricate orange hologram over his arm. Add pressed several holographic buttons on his omni-tool until a translucent screen popped up above his arm. "We might be able to figure out how you got here, but I'll need to do some scans on all of you." Then, to himself, he added, "There's no telling how they all got here."

 

"What Add means to say," Basil hastily added, "was 'Welcome to the Junction. We don't know how you got here but we'll treat you right in the meantime'." Basil playfully shoved Add's shoulder which got him a not so gentle kick to the shin. Basil laughed good-heartedly but couldn't completely hide a cringe of pain. Shaking his head at Add, Basil looked back at the group of strangers. "I'm Basil, by the way," he said. "There's a couple more of us wandering around the island, but I think most of them are back home back there." Basil pointed his thumb behind himself where the residential building was. "I think there are a few people who would be great at explaining what's going on, but if any one of you have any questions right now, I can try to answer them. I'm sure you're all still pretty confused."

 

Behind Basil, Add was still looking over his screen when a new notification popped up. Crow's life support had been apparently... turned off? Frowning, Add pulled up the camera he had set up in the infirmary, and lo and behold, a strange man was shaking Crow's life support and wow, look at that. Joker had rushed into the room was plugging it back in. Seeing as Basil's omni-tool hadn't gone off, Add could only assume that with how stressful everything had been since Crow got hurt, he had neglected to set everyone's omni-tool to give an alert to everyone if Crow's life support was in danger. Whoops.

 

The notification disappeared as soon as the Joker on screen plugged the wires back into their respective plugs. It probably wasn't a good idea to leave Joker all alone with a potentially dangerous stranger, but it would be stupid to leave Basil of all people alone with a group of also potentially dangerous strangers. Shrugging to himself, Add sent a message to Aerith and Ganyu that someone was bothering their patient and left it at that. Once he and Basil dealt with the group in the garden, he could go if Joker needed any help.

 

 

B3UfhVC.png

3suGHxQ.png

STATUS: Healthy || Panicked

 LOCATION: Infirmary

CURATORS: Sandalphon, Crow

 OTHER PARTICIPANTS: N/A

 

"What are you doing?!"


In a flash, Joker shoved past the strange man, pushing him away from the bed, and rushed towards Crow's life support. His eyes wildly darted between all the unplugged wires. Aerith had given him a concise explanation of what each wire was for, but his panic had completely engulfed all sense of rational thought, leaving his mind completely blank. Without thinking, Joker dropped to his knees and began hastily plugging all the wires back into the surge protector. The beeping ceased. Joker leaped to his feet and stared at the health monitor. The lines on the screen had resumed bouncing up and down and the numbers to the right of the lines had shot up from 0 to what they were before Joker had left the room.

 

Still unsatisfied, but mostly terrified, Joker turned to the be where Crow was still lying unconscious. He turned his head and pressed his ear firmly against Crow's chest, listening. He could clearly hear a steady heartbeat pounding in Crow's chest. Joker let out a long-drawn sigh as he pulled his head away from Crow's chest. Crow—no—Akechi was going to be okay. Joker didn't know what he would have done if he ran into the room and Akechi had already gone. He couldn't lose him, not again. In his overwhelming relief, Joker almost entirely forgot the reason why he had to sprint into the infirmary. Hands balled into tight fists, Joker aggressively rubbed his tears away with the back of his hand, spun around, and snarled at the culprit.
"You! Who do you think you—"

 

He... didn't know this man. Joker blinked owlishly at the stranger, his rage temporarily clouded by confusion. He knew that Add was going to open the crack today, that was why he had been guarded Akechi after all, but it never crossed his mind that whatever he pulled out of the crack would start wandering around the Junction. Looking the man up and down, Joker didn't spot any signs of the man being glitched but, then again, getting absorbed by a glitch appeared to only take a few seconds, so that meant the stranger was probably just that: a stranger.

 

"Okay"—Joker took a deep breath—"You just got here, right?" The man didn't look like he had come from a modern world at least based on his attire and his angelic wings. The multiverse was full of different people from all walks of life. This could all just be a misunderstanding. Joker swallowed his anger then spoke. "Look, I'm sorry for being rough with you, but you can't touch that machine." Joker motioned towards the life support. "My friend needs it to live. At least, for right now he does." It was getting increasingly uncomfortable to have the stranger in the same room as Akechi right after he unplugged Akechi's life support. Joker cleared his throat. "Sorry, this room is kinda off-limits right now. How about we step outside and go to the room over?"

 

 

j7W8sZ2.png

7TXnhTG.png

STATUS: Healthy || Anxious

 LOCATION: Residential Hallway

CURATORS: Tovan, Kaeya, Lucio

 OTHER PARTICIPANTS: N/A

 

During the meeting yesterday where he and the other Curators finally decided on what to do about the cracks in the sky, Xander explicitly remembered Tovan volunteering to assist Add and Basil open the crack. Based on the short time Xander had known him, Tovan appeared to be competent and resolute when it came to getting work done. Xander could only assume there was a good reason his co-worker was speedwalking through the residential halls. Considering the circumstances, Xander thought while giving the man beside him a side-look, something must have gone wrong.

 

"Tovan!" Xander raised a hand to greet the Romulan. "I suspect that the plan didn't go as expected? I haven't seen any glitches around, but I did find this man—" Xander nodded his head towards the man next to him. "—picking the lock to my room."

"Picked the lock," the stranger corrected. "and the name's Kaeya, sir." Xander's eyes narrowed.

"You're not doing yourself any favors," Xander said." Kaeya simply shrugged, seemingly unaffected by the king's glare. Xander shook his head in disbelief. "He said he appeared on the third floor. I didn't see any cracks up there or anywhere else besides the Garden. You don't think that the entire Junction is—"

 

Before Xander could finish speaking, the distinct sound of wings flapping came from right outside the hall. It wouldn't have been so noticeable if it were not for the sheer volume of it, almost like the wings belonged to a giant bird. Xander's hand instinctively went to the pommel of his sword. Glancing out the nearby window, Xander could clearly see a humanoid shape with several large wings waving jovially. Kaeya peered over Xander's shoulder and, upon seeing the angel-like figure, waved back enthusiastically.

 

"Gods, okay," Xander mumbled under his breath. Having now accepted that today was going to be weirder than usual, Xander opened the window and called out the stranger. "Are you alright?" Kaeya, despite his aloofness, did appear to be somewhat disoriented when Xander first found him. It would come as no surprise if the angelic stranger was in the same situation.

 

 

 

3fZTMZP.png

Ed0iB0C.png

STATUS: Healthy || Cheerful

 LOCATION: Kitchen

CURATORS: Robotnik

 OTHER PARTICIPANTS: Badnik

 

"I'm here!"


Grinning ear to ear, Komaeda bounded into the kitchen. Oh, what a joy it was to help Dr. Robotnik with his inventions! Everyone had been so distraught since Crow got put into that coma and, honestly, who could blame them? Save for maybe Tovan, Ganyu, and Dr. Robotnik, everyone's universe had likely be consumed by the glitches. Even the Junction didn't seem safe anymore. Everyone was so full of despair and ooh, that was so tantalizing. Komaeda, of course, didn't want everyone to suffer needlessly, but it was a necessary evil. Despair was a gateway to hope oh how Komaeda longed to see everyone's frowns turn into gleeful grins. Dr. Robotniks was an incredibly talented individual. It was an honor to work for someone so above Komaeda's own minor existence. If he could help the doctor create something that gave everyone hope, hope for their futures, and the future of the multiverse, then it was worth the effort.

 

Eyeing the Badnik hovering near Robotnik's head, Komaeda walked forward to see what the doctor was working on.
"Did you need something?" Komaeda asked, tilting his head to the side in curiosity. He didn't understand how something like forks could be useful with robotics, but then again, he wasn't that smart. Dr. Robotnik obviously saw something that he couldn't and that was exactly why Robotnik was in charge and Komaeda was dutifully following his orders.

 

 

qDJi4SN.png

FAv3TJg.png

STATUS: Healthy || Concerned

 LOCATION: Lower Library

CURATORS: Bom-Byx

 OTHER PARTICIPANTS: N/A

 

It was too much to hope for a miracle. Aerith sighed, frowning as she glanced over the holographic message Add had sent her. It was good that Joker had resolved the issue, and that Ganyu had also been notified, but the fact that there was already trouble was more than a little concerning. The crack had been open for less than what? About an hour or so and already someone had tried to kill Crow. Granted it was Crow who was notorious for jumping between being a mild-mannered police detective with a million-dollar smile and a sadist who enjoyed riling others up as much as he enjoyed fighting. Under normal circumstances, Aerith wouldn't be happy with someone starting a fight, but she would understand why Crow of all people was targeted; however, Crow was in a coma. Whoever attacked him had willingly pulled out his life support. It was reassuring to know that there were currently no signs of any glitches, but who were the people that came through instead?

 

Aerith was taken out of her thoughts by the sound of someone dry heaving. Her head snapped in the direction of the noise. No one else was supposed to be in the library right now. Who could that possibly be? Turning off the orange hologram on her arm, Aerith speedwalked towards the direction of the sound. Turning the corner around a row of bookshelves, she spotted a large catlike figure hunched over near a table. 

 

"Oh my!" Aerith rushed over towards the stranger's side, whipping out her staff as she did so. "Ma'am, are you alright?" Making sure to give the woman some air to breathe, Aerith looked her over to see if she could pinpoint the cause of the stranger's illness. If it wasn't life-threatening, Aerith was certain she'd be able to heal it in the library, but she didn't want to overstep her boundaries and heal a potentially confused and, based on Add's message, violent stranger.

Edited by Doctortear

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Bom-Byx

[ STATUS: Alive || Sore ]

[ LOCATION: Library ]

[ CURATORS: Aerith ]

[ CURRENTY: Overcoming nausea ]

 

The sound of footsteps approaching caused her to tense; claws digging deeper into the tough surface she desperately held onto, fur fluffed out in defense. Some high, female voice chirped out to her. It took a while for the words to register.

 

"Ma'am, are you alright?"

 

Haha no. But the idea of not being completely alone yet so vulnerable won out over acting like a coward. She dared herself to confront this situation at last. Whatever was happening couldn't be worse at this point. Grumbling, she forced herself to open her eyes. Huge mistake. Dizziness rushed from her head to her feet, her vision swimming in the disorienting vertigo. Absolutely monumental level of idiocy. She took a step back on the cold, flat flooring. Her arm jerked to reorient her grip on the surface she held. Waving her large head back and forth in a vain attempt to regain her senses. She felt the figure run closer to her.

 

Letting her eyes drift open slowly, she took in her blurry surroundings. Some intricate wooden space that reeked of dust, chemicals, and some other scents she didn't recognize. It was filled from floor to ceiling with colorful rectangular objects, clearly organized in some way, but she didn't care to dwell on it. In her immediate surroundings were short wooden planes with more of those objects resting upon them. Her bleary gaze drifted directly in front of her, where some bipedal thing she had never seen before stood, with some look of concern on her face. Her mind snapped back to the earlier question.

 

She mumbled a response. "Where....am..i?" Her voice was husky and rough, like gravel being poured over a tin can.

 

Unhelpful, she blinks as she realized her response had nothing to do with the earlier question.

 

Skipper

[ STATUS: Alive || Oblivious ]

[ LOCATION: Residential Entrance ]

[ CURATORS: Xander, Tovan, Kaeya, Lucio ]

[ CURRENTLY: Exploring ]

 

He steps back, sitting low to the ground, preparing himself to sprint forward. He always had wanted to kick a door in. Now seemed like an optimal time to do it. He willed the metal binding his lower half to move and it obeyed flawlessly, sending him flying forward with unusual force. Right before he could collide with the doors however, by some magic they seemed to open themselves. What sorcery is this!? He thought with a startled jolt. The sudden movement upset his trajectory, leaving him crashing into the floor with powerful momentum enough to roll him down the rest of the hallway.

 

He sat there limply for a moment. I knew i shouldn't have trusted those doors.

 

Those figures they're here i sense them i can feel them. That thought again. Being fused with strange amalgamated metal had some really weird effects sometimes. He sat up with a sneeze, starting to brush himself off, looking down the hallway through the untrustworthy doorway, glaring at it in disdain.

Edited by DustyStar

Share this post


Link to post

BrXjuqc.png

⇢ Log In....... ⇠

⇢ Isaias ;; Anubis ;; Non-combat ⇠

⇢ She ;; He ;; They ⇠

 Condition ;; Okay ⇠

⇢ Distortion World ;; Junction Garden ⇠

⇢ Update ;; Possible Threat? ⇠

 

No sooner had they asked their question of the two strangers did someone's confused shouting attract Isaias's attention back to the cluster of individuals behind them. They frowned, unable to fully parse what the screaming boy was saying as he spoke too quickly. Something about a thing, the number seven, and what was that about death? It didn't sound like Spanish so Isaias could have been wrong. Anubis tapped their cheek, directing their attention to another cluster of bodies where a shapeshifter was making a display of their abilities. A lot was happening and, as one girl approached Isaias's side to similarly question the two before them, they rubbed a hand over their face and sighed. It would be important to avoid growing overwhelmed here. 

 

"I sense death," Anubis whispered in their ear. "I don't know who, what, or where. But I can feel it..." 

 

Oh. Perfect. That was a wonderful thought to have with a new and strange place, facing unknown and heavily armored strangers (assuming the worst case scenario that those floating machines were in fact weapons). Isaias gave the small god a sideways glance, strain tugging at the corner of their lip. "Thanks. Because I needed that insight right now." The words hissed, low from their attempt to squeeze between teeth. 

 

"You're welcome." He grinned at them, canines peeking out from beneath his lip.

 

"You all came from there."

 

Isaias followed Add's gesture, gaze narrowing in with an uncertain scrunch to their nose as they studied the crack in the... sky. Sounds like an entire Chicken Little plot line. At least Basil provided an idea as to where 'here' was. "So... that's it?" they started, staring at both boys. "We just stand here while you scan us? Then what? How long does your scan take and what, exactly, are you scanning us for?" They heard Anubis mutter 'good questions, good questions' near their ear as their eyes focused on the orange contraption upon Add's arm. Pressing a knuckle against the bridge of their nose, Isaias made a curt sound. "Of course we're confused--" They remembered the screaming boy. "--or freaking out; we apparently just got shoved through some spatial tear. Assuming this is even real and not just some elaborate prank or someone spiking my water bottle with hallucinatory drugs." 

 

Folding their arms across their chest, Isaias took another glance back at all the faces in the garden area before returning their gaze to Add and Basil. "Instead of just telling us 'hey, go look around or ask us whatever questions', why don't you boys actually tell us s***? Start from the beginning of the story and explain everything instead of leaving confused, possibly overwhelmed or panicking, people who clearly have an unknown assortment of abilities to stumble about in the dark on their own. And then you can open the floor to whatever questions remain. Hm? Because I guarantee you can cut down the question load significantly if you start with the answers from the get-go and you're a lot less likely to piss people off when you don't make them pull teeth." Were these children really the two in charge of greeting sudden arrivals? Or was it just stupid happenstance?

 

02lKIC5.jpg

⇢ Log In....... ⇠

⇢ Dr. Ivo Robotnik ;; "Eggman" ;; Badnik Active ⇠

 Condition ;; Healthy ⇠

⇢ Distortion World ;; Kitchen ⇠

⇢ Update ;; Just need a fork ⇠

 

He didn't hear the young man enter the kitchen until Nagito responded. Startling, Robotnik twisted to stare at the other Curator for a moment before he remembered to do something. "Ah, yes!" What was he going to have the boy originally do? Didn't matter now, at any rate, since he'd changed tactics. New things to do. "Find me something with a melting point higher than 1,803 Kelvin--that's 1,530 degrees Celsius or 2,785 degrees Fahrenheit, if you don't understand Kelvin--and that can hold at least one liter of liquid stainless steel. If you can't measure by eye accurately, just assume that bigger is better so long as it doesn't have any leakage from the bottom or sides." Robotnik had taken to rummaging through the remaining cabinets as he instructed Nagito with what he needed. Having provided the specifications of his order, he returned focus to the boy and grabbed Nagito's shoulders to turn him towards the kitchen's exit. "Be quick now; the culinary future of the Junction depends on my crafting the perfect cooking Badnik and it cannot be perfect without the right fork." A pause. "Well, either culinary exploits or a grisly defense system.... What's your vote?"

 

Releasing Nagito to do as instructed, Robotnik grabbed a pot from the cabinets and flipped it in his hands, studying its qualities. Nothing in the kitchen was going to withstand the molten heat he needed to serve as an adequate fork mold. With that insight, he let the pot clatter in the sink as he hurried to catch up with Nagito in the hallway. "You wouldn't happen to know if there's a fork-shaped graphite mold floating around anywhere, would you? Or, perhaps, someone with a laser that can cut through stainless steel? I haven't been able to find the right bits of glass yet to make my own laser cutter, or else I wouldn't be dependent upon the risk of an inferiorly designed tool."

 

What about one of those magic people? Perhaps they might unexpectedly have something of use to him? "You do magic things, Nagito; do you know who would be best suited for shaping liquid steel into forks?"

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Kanade.png.bfb2fdacc5e0c617c8ab159d0f8d799f.png

- Kanade Tachibana -

- Status: Dead // Calm -

- Location: The Garden -

 

Where... am I?

 

A little girl, seemingly about 14 years old, lay in the midst of a strange garden. Around her stood several people, talking, arguing, panicking. She also saw some strange, slimy creatures and some physics-defying landscaping.

Did I... die? No, I'm already dead. Before I got here, I was in the afterlife, and I don't remember leaving. This place clearly isn't anywhere on earth... but I suppose it could exist in the afterlife. Was I taken here after going unconscious? Unlikely. Many people here seemed just as in the dark about things, and there's no way someone could transport this many people this far while they're all unconscious. Maybe someone had found a means to alter people's memories? That would be possible...

 

Before that train of thought could continue, a white-haired man called for everyone's attention and started explaining the situation. His explanatory capabilities were underdeveloped at best. From what she gathered, they had just fallen from a crack in the sky, and now this person wanted to scan them for more details. Someone else already asked for a better explanation. Kanade couldn't help but feel slight relief that she wasn't the only one here who was dissatisfied with this lackluster explanation. She stared up at the crack and then back down to the group of people. Why was she the only one who remained calm?

 

 


KOS-MOS.png.d1a9462f3f16989904fa9aa26eae00f8.png

- KOS-MOS Ver. 1 -

- Status: All Systems Clear // Lost -

- Location: Kitchen -

 

Scanning environment...

Location unknown

Comparing with data through U.M.N....

U.M.N. connection failed

U.M.N. not found

Hypothesis: location is in a different universe

Scanning for signs of life...

Nearby life forms detected

Nearby life forms determined to be human

 

 "You wouldn't happen to know if there's a fork-shaped graphite mold floating around anywhere, would you? Or, perhaps, someone with a laser that can cut through stainless steel? I haven't been able to find the right bits of glass yet to make my own laser cutter, or else I wouldn't be dependent upon the risk of an inferiorly designed tool."

 

Initiating contact with human to confirm current circumstances

 

"Greetings, sir. You appear to be in need of a laser cutter."

She quickly turns her hand into Sword mode - a small laser blade.

"I propose that you provide me with all the information you have on our current situation. In return, I can fulfill your need for a laser cutter. I believe it will be a good opportunity to test for any possible effects this teleportation may have had on my precision in movement and power output."

 

 

 

Tomori.png.f6ee82a413e12539b770cec0591cb0c8.png

- Nao Tomori -

- Status: Healthy // On Guard -

- Location: Residential Hallway -

 

This was strange. Tomori was just on her way to a student council meeting when, suddenly, she found herself in an empty hallway. She'd been wandering around for a few minutes now, not seeing anyone, but this place did look like it was in use. Then, she heard voices around the corner.

Two voices. One sounded like a middle-aged man, the other sounded a bit younger, but still probably older than herself. From what she gathered, the younger one was called Kaeya, and was a delinquent who just picked a lock to the older one's room. A third person, Tovan, was mentioned by name, but hadn't spoken yet. She also heard what sounded like a window opening, after which the older man, whose name she hadn't caught yet, started speaking louder.

"Are you alright?"

He appeared to be a reasonable person. In the conversation, she also picked up that, apparently, this place was called the Junction, and that people had supposedly been appearing from cracks? Any normal person would have a hard time believing any of this, but once you've been through what she's been through, these sorts of things... don't seem as strange anymore. Was there someone here with an ability that lets them teleport random people to a place nearby? That seemed like the most plausible explanation, but it was too early to draw any conclusions. These men didn't appear to be very hostile, so she decided to approach them and ask for more information.

 

"Hey there! I'm Nao Tomori, nice to meet you. I happened to overhear you guys talking, and it sounded like you know more about what's going on here. Would you mind explaining a bit more?"

With that, she whipped out her digital camera and snapped a picture of the three men. They were all wearing very weird outfits. Were they cosplayers or something?

Edited by Felixr2

Share this post


Link to post

qDJi4SN.png

FAv3TJg.png

STATUS: Healthy || Sympathetic

 LOCATION: Lower Library

CURATORS: Bom-Byx

 OTHER PARTICIPANTS: N/A

"Where...am..I?"
"Oh dear," Aerith mumbled under her breath. So Add was right; instead of glitches, people were wandering around the Junction, confused as to where they were or how they got there. Based on how raw her voice sound, it appeared as though the woman had arrived in poor condition. Aerith smiled at the stranger sympathetically. Quickly, she raised her staff and held it before her. "Hold on just a second, ma'am," Aerith said. "Let's get you fixed up first. I'll answer any questions you have once you're feeling better, okay? Hold still, please. This might tingle a little." Pointing the tip of Princess Guard towards the stranger, Aerith closed her eyes as she concentrated her magic through her staff. Colorful waves of light began to emerge from the golden symbol at the end of the staff and began to dance around both Aerith and her nauseated companion. The air felt slightly cooler, pleasantly so, as the light swirled around both figures for a few seconds more before dissipating entirely.

 

"There!" Aerith said with a grin. "How are you feeling now?" That spell should have healed any ailments that the stranger had. It would have helped to have known what was causing the stranger's sickness, but it didn't appear as though the stranger was in any state to answer any questions. The stranger might have gotten sick from warping to the Junction, but warp sickness was rare and it was probably more likely that the stranger had gotten sick from something before arriving at the Junction. Maybe—Aerith thought, giving a cursory glance around at the dusty books—the stranger was simply having a bad reaction to being in the library.

 

No, now wasn't the time to think about what caused the stranger's symptoms. Aerith was being rude to her guest! Emptying her head of those thoughts, Aerith tilted her head and waited patiently for the cat-like being to reply.

 

 

 

3fZTMZP.png

Ed0iB0C.png

STATUS: Healthy || Surprised

 LOCATION: Kitchen

CURATORS: Robotnik, KOS-MOS

 OTHER PARTICIPANTS: Badnik

 

Komaeda nodded dutifully as the doctor rattled off a bunch of instructions. Admittedly, Komaeda didn't know the melting point of objects simply by looking at them nor did he even know where to start, but he would be damned if he was going to disappoint the doctor! That sense of loyalty only increased when Dr. Robotnik grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him ever so slightly. "Of course, Dr. Robotnik!" Komaeda said, nodding furiously. "Although," Komaeda tapped his chin thoughtfully. "I don't think we're defending against anything but glitches, so maybe you could ask Basil to donate some hair. You know. For the greater good? That way, the Badnik! really can cook and defend!" Realizing that Dr. Robotnik, of course, would know better than he would, Komaeda ducked his head obediently. "Oh, but take my opinion with a grain of salt. Someone as lowly as I have no right to tell you what to do." 

 

Dr. Robotnik released Komaeda and turned back to the drawers. Komaeda happily followed suit. He pulled open one of the nearby drawers and began rummaging through it. There was a wide assortment of utensils residing at the bottom of the drawer. The half-haphazardly manner in which the utensils were piled together made Komaeda's fingers twitch. Skull had probably been in the drawer before he, Fox, and Sharrkan had left to go looking for uninfected worlds. That had to be have been, what, a few days ago? The idea that the drawer had been so disorganized for so long was so disturbing that Komaeda almost didn't notice that he had completely bent the fork he was holding in his right hand. Whoops. Komaeda sheepishly placed the fork on top of the counter. He really needed to learn how to handle his Crest. Otherwise, he might bend something worse than just a fork.

 

"... do magic things, Nagito; do you know who would be best suited for shaping liquid steel into forks?" 

"Hm?" Oh no, the doctor had been speaking the entire time! Laughing softly to hide his disappointment with himself, Komaeda slowly turned around to face Dr. Robotnik. "I'm afraid I mostly know dark magic. A better mage would be skilled in all schools of magic, but I'm only good, well passable at—oh!"

 

Standing next to Dr. Robotnik was what appeared to be a woman. A robot woman? Komaeda, still surprised by her sudden appearance, watched in awe as the woman's hand morphed into a blade.

"Wow!" Komaeda exclaimed, clapping his hands together. "You so do work fast, Dr. Robotnik!" Impossibly fast. Logically, Komaeda knew that there was no way for the doctor to have created a humanoid robot in such a short amount of time, especially considering she mentioned teleportation, but who was he to question someone far smarter and better than himself? "Well," Komaeda began slowly. The robot did say provide all the information about the current circumstances. How much was Komaeda supposed to say? "We're looking for forks in the kitchen! Which is in... the Junction and the Junction is uh..." Komaeda made a vague motion with his hand. "In the... Distortion Word I think it's called. We're here because nowhere else is safe and—" No, wait, what was he thinking? 

 

"Oh, forgive me." Komaeda bowed his head apologetically. "You shouldn't be talking to such a pathetic creature." Komaeda stared down at the floor. "Dr. Robotnik is far more intelligent and good than I am." 

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

3lxUWFt.png

 

Lara K - Grand Marshal of the Death Panic Parade

 

Lara sighs. Her brain switched off about halfway through the oddly dressed child's- Add's- explanation. She'd managed to catch that they all came in through a crack in the sky/floor/only the Walls know. Her attention comes back when the older brunette next to Add starts speaking. He introduces himself as Basil, and Lara briefly wonders why people are named after plants so damn often. Focus, Kashirin. She notes that Basil seems much more relaxed than Add does, which puts her slightly at ease. A small sound enters her ears, coming from the direction of the person she found herself next to prior to Add's short lecture.

 

"I sense death," the voice says. Her brain doesn't register that right away.

 

Instead, the other person's voice interrupts her thoughts for a moment. Their abrasive nature manages to distract her from what their little friend said.

 

"Instead of just telling us 'hey, go look around or ask us whatever questions', why don't you boys actually tell us ****? Start from the beginning of the story and explain everything instead of leaving confused, possibly overwhelmed or panicking, people who clearly have an unknown assortment of abilities to stumble about in the dark on their own. And then you can open the floor to whatever questions remain. Hm? Because I guarantee you can cut down the question load significantly if you start with the answers from the get-go and you're a lot less likely to piss people off when you don't make them pull teeth."

 

The person next to her brings a good point, however... Something clicks in the middle of that, and she whips her head towards them, looking at their little shoulder buddy. Not even taking into account its dog head on a human body, or how small it is, she registers what it had said. "E-excuse me? You said you sense death?"

 

Well, that doesn't bode well.

 

 

ffK7Qcl.png

h7jtRE1.png 

 

 

 

V. Niccolò Cerullo and Adora :) No talk. Only panik.

 

Virgil had just managed to calm down. What with the cute girl interrupting his little freakout and her attention immediately going to the strange alien that she somehow knows, Virgil takes the opportunity to look around. As strange and trippy as the place is, it's not the worst place. It doesn't feel like an afterlife, he may not be dead after all. It's pretty neat, though. He tries to look around some more, doing anything to distract himself from the feeling of embarrassment that came from him freaking out.

 

Sadly, that doesn't shake off the weight in his chest. Is he sure he's still alive? Just because it doesn't seem like any afterlife Virgil knows, doesn't mean it's an afterlife that doesn't exist.  He can only think of that now- not the cute garden, not the other people, not even the voices that start droning on. Of course, someone had been talking, but he wasn't listening at all. Only one thing manages to catch his attention, and that's when a curly haired brunette girl says, "E-excuse me? You said you sense death?"

 

...

 

After they hear Adora's voice, Double Trouble freezes and turns to see her. She can see the grin on their face when they recognize her. "Well, well, if it isn't the Princess of Power herself! Fancy meeting you here, Adora." Adora crosses her arms over her chest and narrows her eyes. She doesn't even bother giving them the courtesy of a reply. 

 

Then the looks over at a young woman with cat ears, and her heart drops. While she doesn't look like Catra in the slightest, the ears are what get to her. The young cat-woman speaks. "You know this woman."

 

"She and I are acquaintances, yes. She's helped me with more roles than I care to count, really. I already feel like I can hone my talents here, kitten."

 

"Do not call me that. My name is Y'shtola." Not-Catra crosses her arms "...and I would like to know both of yours." Well, she's straight and to the point. That's... admirable.

 

The golden haired girl speaks up, talking in a very chipper voice. Adora finds her posture relaxing when she hears the voice- almost as if this girl's energy could just lift one's mood. "I'm Tachibana Hibiki! It's nice to meet you both, Y'shtola-san and... um...?"

 

Double Trouble changes forms several times- into Adora, the man in the yellow jacket (she kind of wants a jacket like that), then another couple forms before turning into Y'shtola. "Please..."

 

They then switch to their original form. "...call me Double Trouble."

 

Adora rolls her eyes, but the others seem impressed. The black haired man seems to be more focused on his surroundings than he is on anyone in the area. Probably for the better, she would rather him not start back up again. Y'shtola seems more impressed.

 

"...so you're a shapeshifter, then. And a damn good one too, from what I just witnessed..." Double Trouble grins and bows, much to Adora's annoyance. Her face falls when another voice cuts through the air.

 

"E-excuse me? You said you sense death?"

 

Oh boy. She just managed to distract the yelling guy. He was finally calm. 

 

Still.

 

DEATH? Her heart sinks. First, she's not on Etheria. Second, she's not with her girlfriend or her best friends. And now third-- she's DEAD?

 

"W-wait. A-are we dead? What's---"

 

The black haired man starts to panic as well, speaking in that other language again. 

 

Adora doesn't blame him.

 

Edited by Mikasa361

Share this post


Link to post

Tovan Khev
<Status: Stable | Losing track>
<Location: Residential hallway>
<Curators: Xander>
<Others: Kaeya | Lucio | Skipper | Nao>

 

~~

 

"Ah, jolan tru, Proco--" Tovan caught himself before he made that embarrassing mistake again, clearing his throat. "Xander. Sorry... Anyway, it's... No, I don't know how it turned out, to be honest. Somehow I managed to oversleep, so I wouldn't be surprised if Add and Basil went ahead and did it without me." Tovan sighed. "I haven't encountered any glitches, either..."

 

Tovan narrows his eyes at Kaeya. So Xander's room had its lock picked by this man. Tovan still found it rather primitive, how some of the Curators had rooms with locks that still relied on physical keys (and, now that he thought about it, equally-physical lockpicks). Tovan turned his attention back to Xander. "He appeared on the third floor? Well, I didn't spot any cracks other than the one at the Garden from my post at the Observatory, either - and I should know, I can see most of the Distortion World from there..."

 

The sound of wings flapping quickly got Tovan's attention, and he almost instinctively went for his mek'leths. He turned to look, and was caught off-guard by the sight of a humanoid with wings. This sort of thing always caught him off-guard, especially in light of that situation from a week ago.

 

But "weird" was the new normal. Tovan watched Xander call out to the winged humanoid, hoping his universe wasn't infested with glitches by now--

 

He was snapped out of his musings by the sound of something - or someone - crashing down the hallway, and proceeded to try to stifle his laughter. "...well, there goes someone else trying to brute-force the automatic doors." At least they'd opened this time; it spared him from yet another repair job. He'd also sorely needed the amusement, and there was something cathartic about seeing people misjudge when those doors would open (or if they would open, in the cases of those whose worlds were technologically backwards to him).

 

And then a human girl - a normal human girl - came up and asked to hear more before abruptly whipping out a strange device. Tovan had no idea what it was at first, but the way the girl - Nao Tomori, she'd called herself - used it, the Romulan deduced that it must be a camera of some kind.

 

Tovan decided to leave the explanation to Xander. Things were starting to go by a bit too fast for the poor Romulan man...

 

~~

 

Double Trouble
<Status: Stable | Worried>
<Current Form: True Form>
<Location: The Garden>
<Curators: Add | Basil>
<Others: multiple Slimes | Hibiki | Y'shtola | Isaias | Virgil | Adora | Lara | Kouji | Ara | Kanade>

 

Hibiki Tachibana
<Status: Stable | Panicking>
<Gungnir Symphogear: Inactive>
<Location: The Garden>
<Curators: Add | Basil>
<Others: multiple Slimes | Double Trouble | Y'shtola | Isaias | Virgil | Adora | Lara | Kouji | Ara | Kanade>

 

Y'shtola Rhul
<Status: Stable | Worried>
<Location: The Garden>
<Curators: Add | Basil>
<Others: multiple Slimes | Double Trouble | Hibiki | Isaias | Virgil | Adora | Lara | Kouji | Ara | Kanade>

 

~~

 

Oh, this sweet summer child. Still, Double Trouble figured they'd at least indulge her a bit. "She's right, you know. Fact of the matter is that we're in a completely new place, with no idea what's going on."

 

Before they could go on, however, the white-haired one had cleared his throat, and both he and his companion were explaining things. The shapeshifter frowned a bit, but hey, it gave some idea of what was going on - and that, ultimately, would help them get into character just a little bit more easily.

 

Y'shtola, meanwhile, was fully invested in their explanation. "...well. This certainly wouldn't be the first time I've been pulled to another world against my will."

 

Hibiki could only stand and watch as one of the others lit into the white-haired guy and his friend. Why was he so angry? They were likely already explaining as best as they could! She tightly gripped the pendant that housed Gungnir - would she have to sing here...?

 

"E-excuse me? You said you sense death?"

 

"W-wait. A-are we dead? What's--"

 

That was when Hibiki went from "on-edge" to "panicking", and she, too, began rapid-fire speaking in another language. "私たちは死んでいますか?! だからこそ、私たちは皆、さまざまな世界から来て、戻ることができないのですか?! 私たちは皆死にました、そして今私たちは地獄で立ち往生しています、そしてああ、私のガールフレンドは私を死からよみがえらせるためにネクロマンサーを手に入れようとしています-彼女が私を再び殺すことができるように--" ("Are we dead?! Is that why we're all from a whole bunch of different worlds and can't get back?! We all died and now we're stuck in hell and oh god my girlfriend is going to get a necromancer to raise me from the dead just so she can kill me again--") Her speech continued on, in the same language and a similar vein, almost nonstop as she descended into panic.

 

There was no verbal reaction from them, but one look and one could tell that even Double Trouble's calm facade had broken.

 

Y'shtola's thoughts were elsewhere, though. She didn't look entirely calm, but briefly thought about her... condition. And of the measure she used to "fix" said condition. She couldn't help glancing to the side a little bit. ...they can sense that?

 

~~

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

HornetBanner.png
[Hornet]
[Bond / Stable]

 

 

Hornet rounded a corner. They'd been planning to mess with the crack today, and so far she hadn't seen any new cracks in her path. At least that was a good sign. Maybe. Hopefully --

 

And she caught wind of voices. Xander was in the hallway. And... so were three people she didn't recognise. Xander was waving out through a window, and Tovan stood a bit further away.

 

Sprawled on the floor was a black-haired boy... with metallic implements. Not the first time she'd seen non-KANSEN fusions of flesh and steel. But it still made Hornet's lip tighten at the reminder of how much of herself was missing - no. She couldn't think like that.

 

There was a man next to Xander, too - this one looking more or less human. Blue hair. Looked like a pirate. Hornet noted that he didn't look too happy.

 

From what Hornet could see out the window, there was someone outside. The presence bonded to her reacted. Did they think this one could be powerful?

 

Finally, closest to Hornet herself was a girl with a camera. The girl wasn't that far ahead of her - probably just came from the hall. All of these people looked like they'd just gotten here.

 

"There ain't any cracks there." To others, it looked  like Hornet was talking to herself.

 

[Dimensional anomalies are strange things.] The familiar, feminine voice rang out in Hornet's skull, and the carrier grunted.

 

"I know, I know. And they were messin' with that crack out there..." Hornet blinked. "Oh."

 

And of course, she hadn't arrived too late to not overhear the girl wondering what was going on. Understandable. Hornet knew the feeling. Her throat tickled, and she coughed once - twice. Of all times for the damage to her Wisdom Cube to make itself known....

 

She walked closer. Despite her coughing fit, she waved in a fluid motion. New people didn't show up every day, and they were usually disoriented, wary, or both. Still... there was no explaining without starting the subject.

 

"Lemme guess, some of y'all just randomly showed up here?"

Edited by DuskOfTheStars

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

yEplBH6.png

o5AlbVK.png

STATUS: Healthy || Wary

 LOCATION: The Garden

CURATORS: Basil, Isaias, Virgil, Adora, Lara, Armin, Double Trouble, Hibiki, Y'shtola, Ara, Kanade

 OTHER PARTICIPANTS: Slimes

 

The contentious tone of the stranger caught Add off-guard. He blinked in surprise then threw his head back and barked out a laugh.


“Ha! Were you even listening?" Add asked. "What part of ‘we can take you to people who would be great at explaining what’s going on did you not understand? Could you not hear us from on top of that high horse you’re on?”

 

“Add,” Basil said, his tone conveying a warning. Add glanced at his companion from the corner of his eye. The stranger’s comment had left Basil crestfallen, but that didn’t stop him from frowning disapprovingly at Add’s antagonistic reply. “Sorry about that,” Basil said, turning back towards the strangers and ignoring Add's cry, "Don't apologize for me!" “Add’s better with numbers than people.” Basil sheepishly rubbed the nape of his neck. “We, um, don’t really know where any of you came from so we, or I, thought you should set the pace of the conversation so we didn’t overwhelm you, but um…” He trailed off uncomfortably. He shifted his feet on the ground, looking thoroughly chastised. Add fought back the urge to roll his eyes. If he had known that they'd be dealing with people, he would have asked someone else to accompany him. Basil hadn't been alive long enough to understand the graces of social interaction and Add was too old to care about what other people thought of him.

 

Add spoke. "As I said before, I need to do a scan on all of you to figure out where you came from. Perhaps I should have skipped the niceties entirely. For all I know, you all planned to come here in the first place and I shouldn't bother giving you the slightest bit of hospitality." Add narrowed his eyes. Personally, he didn't think any of them were capable of creating the cracks and invading the Junction out of their own free will, but he also didn't think that normal people would pop in through the cracks as opposed to glitches. Maybe they were dangerous or maybe they were just a bunch of kids caught up in whatever hell-storm was raging across the multiverse.

 

Add didn't think he had to worry about the strangers doing any harm, but the longer they stayed in the garden and the more notifications he got from his cameras around the Junction, the less tolerant he became. "If I can pinpoint exactly where you were before any of you got here, then I can get a better idea of what your intentions are," Add continued. "In fact, if you all turn out to be innocent, I can send you back. Simple. As for when how long the scan will take—” A soft beep emitted from one of the dynamos floating behind Add. “—it’s already done.”

 

Dismissing the orange hologram hovering over his arm, and ignoring Basil’s protest of, “You can’t just scan people without them knowing!” Add beckoned four of the smaller dynamos towards him. The dynamos flew in front of him, positioned themselves in a rectangular shape. A purple hologram appeared in the center of the rectangle. Add tapped the screen and pulled up the data the dynamos had scanned from the strangers while they were all talking. The information was… conflicting. All of the strangers appeared to be physically and mentally healthy, for the most part. There weren’t any signs of any of them being glitched which was Add’s main concern. There was just one small problem.

 

“They’re all new.”
“Hm?” Basil, frowning, peeked over Add’s shoulder to look at the hologram. “What do you mean?”
“Normally when your universe is connected to the multiverse, someone from the ICH registers your universe with a UNI code so anyone can be traced back to their universe," Add explained in a hushed tone. "Not a single one of them has a UNI code. I know the codes are still working because it worked on everyone else after we got here." Add's eyes flickered towards the group. "Either they were all dragged here straight from their homeworlds, or they've all been under the ICH's radar." Basil's frown deepened.
"That... doesn't sound good." Add shook his head. No, the only people who weren't registered at the ICH were either brand new or working for someone that needed to be on the down-low. Normally, Add wouldn't have an issue with someone who was evading the law because hey! Add had been in that same boat many times; however, when it came to the current set of circumstances, Add thought it was better to be safe than sorry.

 

"Okay!" Basil puffed out his chest. "I think I see what's going on." Without waiting to explain to Add exactly what he was planning to do, Basil clapped his hands together excitedly. "I think I understand the confusion now! Well," Basil made a vague motion with his hand. "The extent of the confusion. None of you have been to other worlds before, right? By worlds I mean universes. None of you have left your own universe before and that's okay! We all have to start somewhere." Basil cleared his throat loudly. "Let me start from the beginning. You're—"

 

That's as far as he got before the screaming started. Groaning, Add wondered if getting infected by a glitch at the ICH was actually that bad.

 

 

5rbf8VX.png

l9o2n02.png

STATUS: Healthy || Startled

 LOCATION: The Garden

CURATORS: Add, Basil, Isaias, Virgil, Adora, Lara, Armin, Double Trouble, Hibiki, Y'shtola, Kanade

 OTHER PARTICIPANTS: Slimes

 

Oh dear, the situation was getting worse by the second. Ara clutched her hands to her chest as everyone around her paled in horror. The idea that they had all wandered into the afterlife germinated as quickly as it had been seeded into their minds. Neither the blonde girl nor the green-skinned person seemed to take any heed to Ara's words before being swallowed by the group's panic. Ara's head whipped between one person to another, her hands hanging uselessly in front of her. Was that girl correct? Were they all dead? The last thing she remembered was falling down a deep hole in some forgotten cavern. By any logical sense, that should have been the end of her. Ara stared down at her hands, feeling the weight of reality collapse upon her. She wasn't actually dead, was she?

 

You're not.

 

Eun! 

Ara's hand instinctively raised to the hairpin in her hair where the soul of her friend was sealed. Come now, the spirit chided. You didn't really think I'd let us die now? After all, we've been through? "But..." Ara bit her lip. She had no doubt that Eun would do everything in her power to keep them both safe, but they didn't even know how they got in the garden in the first place. Maybe they were actually dead and just didn't realize it. Stop being so naive, Eun said. Ara could imagine the great spirit shaking her head disapprovingly. The stench of death is not upon us. We are alive and will remain so. Eun spoke with great confidence despite the severity of the situation. Every fiber in Ara's body told her to believe her companion but, she realized upon looking up, it was a bit hard to ignore the panicking group of people before her. 

 

Add, well the weird version of Add, and Basil were trying to subside the panic to little success.

"Nobody is dead," WeirdAdd sighed, already tired of the panic. Basil was waving his arms in front of his face frantically. "O-Of course none of you are dead!" he said, eyes wide with concern. "That's not what I meant at all! This is just another world! Like... like another planet! Somewhere else!" He kept speaking, babbling more affirmations that no one was dead or hurt, but the more he spoke the less convincing he became. WeirdAdd pinched the bridge of his nose. Ara could have sworn she heard him mumble, "...can't believe I thought any of them were..." before he dropped his hand back to his side and yelled "Enough!" 

 

"By the goddesses, no you're all fine!" WeirdAdd snapped. He pressed a few holographic buttons on the purple panel floating in front of him. "As it turns out, she is using some kind of power to shorten her life force—" Add pointed to the cat-like woman. "—and she actually is dead." Add pointed to another girl that Ara hadn't even noticed before. "That said, none of this is abnormal. They're both fine as are all of you." WeirdAdd took in a breath and muttered something softly to himself. He was... surprisingly more level-headed than the Add that Ara knew, but considering how her Add would normally react, that wasn't a stellar review. 

 

"Goddesses, look. To lay it simply, you're not in your own universes. This is an entirely different reality than your own and if you don't believe me, just look around!" WeirdAdd gestured broadly towards the rocks floating among the spatial clouds that made up the sky. In the distance, the silhouette of the Distortion World's creator swam through the sky. "You're not dead, but you're not back home either. As for if you can get back home... I don't know. Not yet." WeirdAdd furrowed his eyebrows. He pressed another button on the hologram, causing a selection of new screens to appear. "Either way, I'm not entertaining your questions anymore. If you want any answers, you go with Basil and go find someone patient enough to deal with you. We both came out here to deal with something entirely different than any of you. Now, I'm fairly certain none of you came here intentionally and if that crack does what I thought it was going to do, then you won't have time to worry about dying because..." There was a pause. An emotion, one Ara could not discern, flickered across WeirdAdd's face. It vanished as soon as it appeared. "Just go, and no funny business. If you cause anyone grief, I'll know about it."

 

Not great with people, is he? Eun hummed. Ara clicked her tongue in reply. Socializing wasn't really Add's forte, but she already knew that. The idea of there being multiple universes was frankly hard to swallow, but WeirdAdd clearly was not the Add Ara knew and she couldn't think of a reason for him to lie about that. At least, not off the top of her head, so maybe there was some merit to it.

 

Before Ara could dig deep into WeirdAdd's half-baked explanation, she was dragged out of her thoughts by a pained groan. Wide alert, she looked around at her surroundings until she spotted a blond young man lying in the grass. It seemed as though he had been laying on the ground the entire time.

"Oh no!" Ara exclaimed. She rushed over towards the man and knelt next to him. "Are you alright?" She gently tugged at the man's shoulder, careful not to pull too hard. "Do you need any help getting up?"

Edited by Doctortear

Share this post


Link to post

BrXjuqc.png

⇢ Log In....... ⇠

⇢ Isaias ;; Anubis ;; Non-combat ⇠

⇢ She ;; He ;; They ⇠

 Condition ;; Okay ⇠

⇢ Distortion World ;; Junction Garden ⇠

⇢ Update ;; Possible Threat? ⇠

 

"You're really not good at this. Are you?" Isaias muttered, eyes rolling. Louder, so that he knew that Add could hear, he said, "I'm not about to blindly trust that you'll be taking any of us somewhere we'll find answers." They gestured with their hands, arms sweeping outward slightly to emphasize what should have been an obvious, common sense, thing. They didn't hide the bewildered contempt in their expression. "It's not a 'high horse', dumba**. It's f***ing caution and self-preservation. You know? 'Don't get into the stranger's van, kids, even if they have candy!' That warning?"

 

Gaze drifting to Basil, Isaias continued to frown. "It's a lot easier to teach the lesson first and then take questions either as you go or at the end," he explained. "A lot of the time, questions get answered through the lesson before they're ever asked. Some don't even know what questions they want or need to ask until they know more of what they're dealing with." Isaias shrugged. "Plus, it's just easier not having to try and organize some 200 simultaneous questions when you can use a method that whittles it all down to maybe five or whatever."

 

An ugly, derisive snort escaped Isaias. "If you--How are--" Stifling the rest of their snickering, Isaias started over, waving a hand almost emphatically as they shook their head. "Who the f*** are you to determine who is and isn't 'innocent'? Innocent of what? What kind of moral high ground do you get to stand on to determine our worth? How should any of us know if your intentions align with anyone else's here?" He was starting to bristle. Thrown through some crack to land at the feet of this pompous, edgelord, child. They humphed at the fact of being scanned within a moment, their gaze shifting to the machines that floated and started emitting purple light. They still couldn't be sure of the kind of threat such things posed. Their gaze narrowed as Add and Basil started whispering between themselves. 

 

Whatever the discussion was, it was brief as Basil returned focus to the group of newcomers. "Well, no s***. I could have told you that, at least on my p--"

 

The girl beside her finally seemed to catch up to what Anubis had said. She heard him say that? Isaias growled under-breath, turning a glare towards Anubis. The little God gave a sheepish grin, ears falling back and eyes shutting as a timid chuckle carried to their ear. "Whoops?" he replied. 

 

"This is why you don't say s*** like this around humans, Anubis!" Isaias hissed at the being. Shouting nearly drowned out their voice, though they weren't exactly broadcasting their frustrations with Anubis for everyone else to hear. While Add and Basil scrambled to calm the crowd, Isaias repositioned their shoulder bag, opening the main section and holding it for Anubis to see. They pointed to the interior. "Bag. Now. Before you do anything else to stir up more panic."

 

"What? No! I'm a God! You can't put me on a time out!" Anubis protested, leaping when Isaias's hand shot up to grab him. They were quick to correct, catching him before he could attempt to dive for the grassy terrain and shoving him into the bag. "Disrespectful human!" Anubis barked out. They were pretty certain it should have been a roar that echoed throughout the world but, coming from an 8-inch body, it didn't do more than sound like an angry chihuahua. Isaias shut the bag and turned around to locate Basil among the group of those panicking about being dead. They weren't certain how to process the information that one walking person actually was dead or that another was on a direct course to death. Isaias glanced at the dead white-haired girl, frowning.

 

Returning his attention to Basil, he crossed his arms before his chest. "Why don't we just jump back through that space tear? Wouldn't that send us straight home since it's what dumped us here in the first place?"

 

v6wKLPp.jpg [Art credit to Eremina]

⇢ Log In....... ⇠

Ori ;; Sein ;; Glowing ⇠

 Condition ;; Okay ⇠

⇢ Distortion World ;; Library ⇠

⇢ Update ;; Not Nibel... ⇠

 

They were tumbling through the air amidst a bright flash.

 

On instinct, Ori twisted and leapt mid-air, aimlessly launching themself at the closest surface they could grab. Books trembled slightly from the impact when they hit a shelf. With a soft grunt, Ori quickly propelled themself to the top of the shelf; hooves clacking upon the wood, ears pricked and eyes taking in the foreign room. They'd seen books before, but not to this sheer quantity, and never in a room of their own. There was noise nearby and they darted across a few shelves towards the wall. In the next breath, they dropped to the ground and hunkered down. Their tail lashed.

 

Sein was silent, providing no information about their whereabouts, even as their pulsing glow signaled their readiness for an attack. <"Ori..."> they eventually chimed, hovering just before their quivering nose. <"I hear voices but I don't understand what they're saying.">

 

Ori nodded. Likewise, they could tell individuals were speaking, but they had no idea what language was being used. Nothing smelled particularly dangerous. Or, well, at least nothing smelled like the creatures of Nibel that had given up and were swallowed by darkness. Dust washed into their nostrils and they sneezed, the action resulting in more dust blooming into the air. Shaking their head, and raising their swiveling ears ever slightly, Ori started to crawl forward. Carefully, they scampered between shelves, trying to stay as hidden as possible for a glowing spirit of light. 

 

Each chance that they got, Ori studied what they could of the larger beings. At first, they were certain that neither were another Spirit Guardian nor a creature of Nibel. However, one of them started glowing and then so did the other. Ori stopped moving, head lifted and ears erect. Maybe they were Spirit Guardians? No one else could glow without having some connection to the Spirit Tree as far as Ori understood. 

 

When the glowing ceased, Ori's nose twitched again, detecting the cool and soothing scent that now clung to both figures. Certain that these two must be other children of the Spirit Tree now, Ori made a soft coo at the pair, rising off their hands and edging a few steps forward. Sein darted above Ori, the pulse of their glow slowed with curiosity. <"Do you speak the language of Nibel? We do not understand, otherwise,"> Sein inquired.

 

02lKIC5.jpg

⇢ Log In....... ⇠

⇢ Dr. Ivo Robotnik ;; "Eggman" ;; Badnik Active ⇠

 Condition ;; Healthy ⇠

⇢ Distortion World ;; Kitchen ⇠

⇢ Update ;; Just need a fork ⇠

 

Nagito, such a good and obedient agent, set straight to work as Robotnik had instructed. In the middle of the boy's answer, Robotnik turned and startled at the sudden voice. A shriek emitted from the man, lasting exactly a second. Clamping his mouth shut, Robotnik stared at the oddly-clad woman. Slowly, a smile began forming and a glint entered his gaze. It brightened further with the pure burst of excitement as the individual's arm morphed into a sword of sorts, designed with a plasma laser as its blade. "Oh ho-ho-hohoheheheee!" Robotnik clasped his hands together, fingers knitting, while laughter peeled from his mouth. Jumping and shaking his arms out, Robotnik started to circle about the android, even as Nagito addressed her questions. "Absolutely.... Fascinating! Advanced technology! Yes, of course! We shall happily exchange information," he finally said.

 

Coming to a stop and clicking his heels together once, he waved idly at Nagito. "A decent start, Agent Nagito! But yes, I will take it from here, thank you." His hands clasped together behind his back, mindful of the control buttons in his gloves. "The Junction. Yes, you've found yourself in the Distortion World, one dimension out of countless thousands in the multiverse; we organics like to refer to this little facility as The Junction." He started circling her again, continuing to explain. "We're a group of individuals who have been displaced from our original worlds and universes, our original dimensions. I came here when I attempted to warp off a mushroom planet and return to Earth. There are anomalies happening all throughout the multiverse; if you didn't warp here on your own, then you were very likely caught in one such anomaly. Fortunate for you--" he went on, briefly stroking one side of his bushed mustache. "You've found yourself here, with me: the genius Dr. Ivo Robotnik!" He bowed, swinging his arm out in a rather exaggerated manner before straightening again. "Among some other, inferior, beings such as Agent Nagito here. But, don't blame them for such misfortune--it can't be helped."

 

"Besides being in my presence, you also have the fortune of this being a rather glitch-free environ! You'll want to be wary of such dastardly creatures; you won't survive one without Basil's curious immunity to the things. These glitches have, for reasons unknown as of yet, have begun to infect several worlds and dimensions. Or, at least, we believe they've only just started. We're not certain of their origins just yet or how long they've been rampaging about!" Robotnik tilted his head upward, studying the ceiling as he sorted out what else might be of import for the immediate moment to fulfill the android's request. "Ah! If you are of the mind to get back home, we can definitely help you with that, though it will require a little time as we determine where exactly you came from and how to get you back. The last thing we want is to accidentally warp you to the right planet but wrong dimension. The collision of having two versions of the same individual in one place would not necessarily be a terrible thing--you'd just have two in one place and I suppose that would certainly help with taking care of To-Do lists either twice as fast or twice as long! Unless you're the type of being to assume that any duplicate is a threat or some such and--ah--" Oh dear. He was rambling. Losing focus. 

 

He clapped his hands together once, holding them before his face and slowly rotating his wrists so that his fingers eventually pointed at the android. Robotnik grinned. "Moving on! I have introduced us and provided some necessary preliminary information. Do you have a designation, my fine machine friend?" On another thought, Robotnik pressed a control button in his left glove, the orange glow of his Omni-Tool beginning to activate covering his arm. "And do you mind if I run a quick scan for your UNI code to identify your reality of origin?"

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Bom-Byx

[ STATUS: Alive || Sore ]

[ LOCATION: Library ]

[ CURATORS: Aerith, Ori/Sein ]

[ CURRENTY: Irritated ]

 

      The blurry figure before her began to speak again before she could correct her earlier question. Clenching her teeth against the nausea as she straightened her spine. The figure held some metallic stick in front of her, pointing it in her direction, and continued to speak. She was told to hold still, but she continued to sway. Despite the urge to flee from the situation she lacked the energy to protest against this girls’ commands. Bom-Byx stepped back releasing her grip on the table as the thing began to glow. Light emanated from it in blinding colors and once again she shut her eyes tight. In spite of it the light seemed to penetrate her whole body covering every strand of fur in a cool, tingling sensation. Recognizing the sensation was similar to eating peppermint. It spread deep into her skin lifting her sore tired muscles until she felt lighter. She unclenched her jaw as the disconcerting sway of vertigo seemed to vanish with the light.

 

     She exhaled after a while. Slowly opening her eyes once more. This time her vision came into focus displaying a clear image of some female thing smiling with her head tilted to the side. Bom-byx studied her for a moment. She was brown and pink, with weirdly long and shiny fur on only one spot of her head. She lacked long ears and a tail, instead she had draping fabrics over flat pale skin. It made her shudder. Shouldn’t she be freezing without any fur? Her long digits were clutched around the staff that had some gold ornament atop it. How odd-

 

     A cooing sound behind her broke her out of her musings. Her awareness snapping back to her surroundings. The smell of dust. The colorful objects in the room. The cool floor tiling against her feet pads. The restless feeling of being somewhere you don’t belong. She felt her breath start to heave again at the overwhelming feeling of it all. Some new glowing object same into sight. It spoke in high, resonating sounds like faint music on the wind, or a crying child in the distance. A small white figure crouched behind it. It took her a second to understand what it was saying, yet she didn’t understand its meanings. A spark of annoyance flashed through her. Raising her hackles and flatting her ears to her head she snapped back to the girl. “What is going on!? Where the hell am I!?” She demanded, tail lashing behind her.

 

It seems she suddenly found herself with enough energy to finally get upset about her situation.

 

Skipper

[ STATUS: Alive || Oblivious ]

[ LOCATION: Residential Entrance ]

[ CURATORS: Xander, Tovan, Kaeya, Lucio, Tomori]

[ CURRENTLY: On the floor ]

 

     The sound of footsteps drew his attention to the other side of the hallway. Three figures stood there, a fourth entering the space. And then a fifth. And then there was just a lot of people in the hallway. So the weird thoughts weren't wrong. There were other people here. Huh. 

 

     With the grace of a seal he rolled across the floor before coming to a stop a few feet from the others. He sprawled out onto his back, kicking his legs around to untangle the insectoid joints locked together from the maneuver. His head glanced over to the side as some weird blonde lady started talking. 

 

"Lemme guess, some of y'all just randomly showed up here?"

 

     Skipper's brow furrowed as he deeply contemplated this question. He supposed he randomly showed up in dreams. Unless the dream was always going with him in it and he just wasn't aware of that until he started dreaming. What if neither he nor the dream exist until they become aware of each other? But he usually woke up when he became aware of the dream. Maybe from the dreams perspective he really did just show up out of nowhere. 

 

     He rolled onto his side his hand shooting up into the air, waving wildly. "Oh OH ME MEMEMEMEMEEEE!" he said enthusiastically. Then added "I think?" His face twisting into another confused expression.

Edited by DustyStar
Added Skippers post :U

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

0034b706c70fb93a20310ec8cd76af53.png 

 

「 Sandalphon 

Location: Infirmary 

Present: Akechi, Ren

Currently: About to commit manslaughter 

 

Sandalphon hisses in response as an unseen stranger bursts into the room as soon as he'd pulled the wires, pushing him aside with a surprisingly firm hand. As he stumbles back, taken by surprise, his wings wave aggressively and scatter some of the medicinal bottles off of the surrounding cabinets, as delicate lids pop open and small, tiny pills scatter all over the floor.

 

The newcomer doesn't seem to realise. Rather, his attention is focused on the unconscious human, who has not reacted in the slightest -- so he may be dead already, Sandalphon reasons -- as he plugs the wires back in, clearly knowledgeable enough about where each individual plug went, and the beeping quiets to normal. 

 

A caretaker, then? Just his luck. Humans can be so pitifully annoying -- wanting to sustain life when it is so clearly over. 

 

Sandalphon watches as the black-haired human, panic emulating off his person, presses his ear to the chest of the unconscious human, shaking slightly. He moves so slowly, deliberately, as if he is afraid that even the slightest provocation will cause the other man before him now to vanish completely.

 

The sight makes Sandalphon stifle a giggle, and upon realising that he is not in the presence of any of the other archangels, he laughs out loud just as the human turns around, eyes blazing. Sandalphon thrusts a hand behind him, prepared to engage in battle, but just as he feels the swirls of mist around his fingertips that signal World Ender coming into existence -- maybe the summoning's resulting shockwave would short circuit the machine, that'd be fun -- but to his confusion, the black-haired man quiets suddenly. 

 

Sorry? Why is he sorry? The very idea of a human apologising to him fills Sandalphon with rage, so much so that he blocks out the remainder of the human's sentence, until he registers that he's being asked a question. The idea of being asked a question by a human -- as if humans had any right to command him, Lucifer's heir, Lucifer's chosen -- makes up Sandalphon's mind for him. He will cut off this creature's head for his insolence.

 

Just as he is about to bring World Ender fully forward -- and if the resulting shockwave does not kill that brown-haired cretin on the bed behind him, Sandalphon will drag his head out for the world to see -- a voice cuts through the atmosphere, biting, sharp, like a ray of bright light given to starving pilgrims.

 

Behave, Lucio's voice echoes clearly around the room, ringing so loudly in Sandalphon's ears that he's sure the black-haired human can hear as well. 

 

My apologies, Lucio continues, his voice vividly softer now, soothing, and obviously directed at the human. I bless you.

 

"Idiot," Sandalphon seethes, out loud. "It's God bless you, not I bless you, humans can't tell the difference between their right and left hand. Don't expect them to know who you are." He hopes, with the biting quality of his words, the human does not see how much Lucio's sudden interruption frightens him. 

 

... Not that he's afraid, of course. But Lucio being here is unexplained, unsettling, and so he glares at the human with a little more malice than necessary, flapping his wings once so that the other is hit by a gust of wind.

 

"Fine," he says, and leaves it at that. 

 

-- 

 

1e0fc654ac28acf54983dfa81fa7f2b3.png

 

「 Lucio

Location: Residential Hallway Window

Present: Tovan, Xander, Kaeya, Tomori, Skipper 

Currently: Human-complimenting 

 

Lucio gasps as soon as the humans wave back to him. At the blond man's prompting as to his wellbeing, Lucio perks up even more; he rushes over in a flash of wings and feathers, zipping easily as he levitates above the ground, and bends down to observe the quickly-gathering crowd of people. Delighted, he watches as more newcomers join the fray: a loud bang reveals someone sprawled out on the ground -- ha, the favourite activity of humans, lying immobile, that they spend up to 8 hours a day doing -- a girl who points a curious object at him and finishes with a click, and it takes Lucio a second to realise that it is a camera -- well, he's no stranger to being asked to take photos, being that he seemingly looks like a well known actor. Questions and explanations fly around quickly and Lucio almost bursts from the excitement of watching the humans engage with one another, until --

 

A sudden burst of energy makes Lucio frown, and the archangel freezes for a split second, eyes scanning the crowd. It doesn't seem as if anyone else has felt it -- well, of course, archangel activity isn't something other creatures can recognise -- but he knows this signature, and it's worrying. Sighing, Lucio crosses his arms, and sends a quick message. When he realises that Sandalphon happens to be in the presence of a human, he sends a greeting as well, before cutting off transmission completely. The other archangel -- or arch ... baddie, Lucio decides, for all the chaos Sandy creates -- is getting in his way. 

 

"You're just adorable!" he gushes, interrupting the conversation in his eagerness. Lucio leans over the edge of the window, wings keeping him perfectly steady as he takes hold of Kaeya's face, inspecting the line of the other man's jaw. "You have such a nice face," he says placidly, knowing that humans like to interact physically with their loved ones -- and of course, every human would love the archangels, Sandy excluded -- "And a nice form. I suppose I like all humans," Lucio muses, "but I like you very much." It is a statement, more than anything. 

 

"And I love you!" Lucio declares, moving on from Kaeya; he releases the blue-haired man easily, naturally sliding upwards to place his hands on Xander's shoulders, wings flapping in excitement. "I'm alright. I'm very well, actually -- what is that expression that humans use?" Lucio tilts his head, thinking deeply, as he inspects Xander's face. "On cloud nine. Actually, that's a bit inaccurate, that belongs to Michael ..." He thinks of it and grins, self-satisfied. "You're very handsome." 

 

It is almost possible to pinpoint the moment Lucio's gaze slides from Xander to Tovan, determined to continue this human-complimenting tirade, though the sheer bulk of his wings through the small frame of the window make it impossible to reach the black-haired man. The edges of the window begin to crack slightly, a faint light emulating from Lucio's body against physical harm as he tries to struggle through the window again. 

 

--

 

22fc2e2a6bbf7d17b1be4c3d0e727bf2.png 

 

「 Sharrkan

Location: Hot Spring

Present: Yusuke, Ryuji 

Currently: Naked and hungover

 

"So," Sharrkan says, and Ryuji's head instantly snaps to him; the blond-haired man sticks out in the otherwise muted, quiet colours of the hot spring, his bright-yellow hair bright in the light. Yusuke opens a single eye, drifting over to him before he can decide if what Sharrkan is going to say next is important or not.

 

"We didn't quite manage what we were looking for," Sharrkan declares. Yusuke's eye slides closed -- unimportant. 

 

"But," Sharrkan concludes, "we made it back with still some gold to spare. I'd count that as a win."

 

"You still had money?" Ryuji interrupts, eyes wide; in the mistiness of the spring his cheeks are flushed red, and it reminds Sharrkan of last night, the way alcohol had lit up Skull's already-energetic persona, brightened the paleness of Fox's slim neck. He wonders if Ryuji realises the reason they still have money is because the three of them shared a single room last night. 

 

... Unimportant. Everyone has been stressed recently, especially the Phantom Thieves, and Sharrkan decides bringing up the past is probably not a good idea -- no matter how close to the present it is. Undoubtedly, alcohol would lead to the reminder of their adventures last night, to the tavern room, to the bed, to the infirmary, to Crow. See -- now even he's thinking about it.

 

"Needed to show we managed something," Sharrkan grumbles, to distract himself. Ah, that's right -- he should let the head bosses know.

 

Activating his omni-tool, he sets it to dial the senior agent group chat. As soon as the line connects, Sharrkan all but screams into the call, ignorant of who it actually connected to -- if not everyone. Well, whoever didn't would be getting a fun voice message later. 

 

"HEY! What's up mans, listen, I realised we got back yesterday but totally forgot to check in, my b. To be fair I was also piss drunk and carrying two men. Fox weighs more than he says." 

 

"W-what?" 

 

"But we had a grooooovy time, y'all should come; I can show you around -- lots of good alcohol and meat. Actually, Add, do you drink? Does Add even eat? Have either of you seen Add eat a single time?"

 

Both Ryuji and Yusuke consider this legitimate question in their hungover state, and both shake their heads, confident in their answers.

 

"Anyways this is just to let you know we're all safe and not dead. You're greeting the new recruits today, right? Can any of you send someone over with some painkillers? Tell them to go to the hot spring and be okay with seeing nudity cause I'm not getting dressed until I've been here for sixteen hours and pruned like a fine wine. See ya!"

 

Satisfied, Sharrkan beams and ends the call, turning back to his companions. Ryuji gives him a thumbs up in return and Yusuke sinks deeper in the water, presumably lost in artistic melancholy. 

 

--

 

377a495b9fd9bdb03fbb95aeef3a9062.png

 

「 Yuuta 

Location: The Garden

Present: Add, Basil, Ara, Isaias, Virgil, Lara, Adora, Armin, Hibiki, Y'shtola, Double Trouble, Kanade 

Currently: EIP - Exorcism in Progress

 

He shouldn't have led his guard down so easily.

 

His mission had sent him spiraling across the dimensions, on long, lonely nights, fighting without a single soul by his side -- just as he has been used to, always. Yuuta reminds himself that it is for the greater good, that he is alone for the purpose of keeping those he cares about safe, but sometimes -- when the nights are cold and the high, empty sky stretches above, he feels a deep, primal ache in the centre of his chest for those he has left back at the ICH. 

 

In his rush to return to the organisation, having been working completely off the radar for the last -- what, half a year? The mission had stretched on for longer than Yuuta had expected, with things to do, people he could not leave behind. A world that his conscience would not allow him to leave behind. 

 

He had found the group at the tavern just as he'd been preparing to go, waving off offers of extra gold and resources from the appreciative people of the town that he has come to grow fond of, and been stunned when they'd walked in. Three men swaying in with all the confidence of young travellers with nothing to lose and everything to gain, plopping a full bag of something onto the table and offering to trade it for unlimited drink.

 

Whatever it'd been, it had certainly been valuable enough to grant just that -- Yuuta watched as the white-haired, dark-skinned man immediately downed a jug of beer, his companions following similarly, though his attention had been drawn elsewhere; that is, to the Cursed Spirits that had accompanied the white-haired man's two companions. And so boldly too, in direct daylight.

 

He remembers. When Goro had brought Cursed Spirits into the restaurants of Tokyo and burned people alive, trapping them in eternal fire. The cruelty of Sorcerers who have aligned themselves to Cursed Spirits knew no mercy, and as a result -- neither does Yuuta's blade. 

 

He'd talked to them, just to make sure. Upon his question, the dark-haired one had launched back, suit pristine, face hidden behind a white fox's mask. Cursed Spirit -- no, no, no, Goemon is too powerful and magnificent to be called that. Look at him! The man had grabbed for him, and Yuuta had barely managed to avoid being dragged in front of aforementioned Cursed Spirit. He's valiant -- the very picturesque fugitive, an image of crime at its best! The kind of battle that isn't violent, no -- beautiful, in fact. If you were to battle him, it would be Rembrandt revived -- a struggle between man and a curse of the heart, forever intertwined amongst one another. I can imagine it now, painted across a canvas in memory of a fight against the cursed ... If you were to return with us, we could make a beautiful artpiece, indeed. 

 

Yuuta would recognise one of Geto Suguru's cult members from a mile away, not to mention the way that the mysterious man was now apparently bragging about his Cursed Spirit to a Sorcerer. He had half a mind to murder the man right there, but the idea that the cult fugitive was being so openly brazen with his companions now meant the existence of another one of Suguru's branch cults, somewhere in the multiverse.

 

So he followed them home, and had immediately been assaulted by the blond man, who, apparently knowing his inclinations -- or perhaps recognising his identity? That is ... worrying -- had thrown him off the edge of the world.

 

But Yuuta has been around for too long with the ICH, has travelled and fought, and recognises the intricacies of the strange world around them now. He will not be stopped in his mission -- not by armies, magic, or the world itself.

 

He knew the members of the cult would likely be looking for him, so he bid his time, clinging to the edge of the universe. He is hungry, somewhat, and more sleep-deprived than usual, which might explain why he acts so quickly -- as soon as he drags himself up and sees that the cult members are distracted by the shifting of something in the sky.

 

No matter. One thing at a time, and he can deal with that later. He reaches back, calculating the distance as he springs forward, allowing a burst of energy to explode in a dark flower across the green expanse of the garden. 

 

He grabs the dark-haired girl -- the one with Cursed Energy so freely flowing from her body -- with his free hand and slams her down from her crouched position over a blond figure -- her victim, most likely, considering Cursed Spirits fed on human beings.

 

"You're bold," he says, softly, dangerously. "To send your couriers so far and wide across the multiverse. Had I not been there, would your men have destroyed the town after I'd left?"

 

Feeling Cursed Energy gather at his fingertips, Yuuta embeds his katana with his energy, the dark force flooding through his form to enhance his weapon. He draws the blade from its sheath, its polished silver glinting against the darkness of Cursed Energy. 

 

"I'll kill you now to dispatch this threat," Yuuta says levelly. "Unless ... someone else is in charge." 

 

He tilts his head to the centre of the garden, where he had heard the light-haired man -- boy, really, and it is a shame, Yuuta thinks, that Cursed Spirits masquerade as children -- begin the conservation. It seems the cult is beginning its indoctrination. 

 

An intensely blue gaze slides upwards, meeting Add's eye. 

Edited by Eto

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

X4jJHAA.png 

GOCp9NX.png

STATUS: Stable || Charmed

 LOCATION:Residential Hallway

CURATORS: Tovan, Xander, Lucio, Skipper, Tomori, Hornet

 OTHER PARTICIPANTS: N/A

 

The hallway was an unexpectedly popular hangout. Within the span of just a few minutes, three more people had arrived and began to mingle with the rest of the group. Only one of them, the blonde girl with the twin tails, appeared to be aware of what was going on. Kaeya silently assessed the situation, watching the strangers' antics unfold with obvious amusement. The chaos of the situation assuaged any concerns that he had been kidnapped by the Abyss Order and the lack of uniforms made Kaeya think that he wasn't dealing with the Fatui either. That, of course, led to a bigger issue. Kaeya had no idea where he was, who the people around him were, and how he got there.

 

Thankfully, or worriedly depending on how he looked at it, another young girl had voiced Kaeya's questions aloud, but not before whipping out an object and clicked some sort of button on that. Was that a kamera? Kaeya eyed the object curiously. It didn't look like the kamera the traveler used, the lens on it was suspiciously similar to that of the kameras Kaeya had seen before. Xander, who had introduced himself after catching Kaeya picking the lock to this door, had taken a step away from the window to look over the newly formed crowd. He opened his mouth as though to speak, but was quickly interrupted by the man outside shoving himself half-way through the window.

 

"You're just adorable!"

Without further warning, the man cupped Kaeya's face between his hands. "You have such a nice face. And a nice form. I suppose I like all humans, but I like you very much."

"My, my," Kaeya replies, smiling sweetly. "Rather forward, are we? Can't say I don't see the appeal." Kaeya placed his hand on top of one of the stranger's, curling his fingers on top of the other's. "You remind me of someone. Someone who is just as—" Kaeya drummed his fingers on top of the stranger's hand. "—affable as you are."

 

The stranger, seemingly intent on greeting everyone equally, released Kaeya from his hold and began showering Xander with compliments. Kaeya let go of the stranger and watched with a chuckle. A flash of confusing flickered upon Xander's face as the stranger proclaimed his love, but it was quickly smothered by a mask of stoicism. Interesting, Kaeya thought as he watched Xander gently pry the stranger's hands off his shoulders. If Kaeya hadn't spent a lifetime learning how to bury his true emotions and intentions under an easy-going facade, he might not have caught just how fast Xander had managed fall back into an act of pure stoicism. Interesting. Maybe the situation was more dangerous that he had originally thought. Tucking his thoughts into the back of his mind, Kaeya folded his arms, leaned against the nearest wall, and watched the others curiously.

j7W8sZ2.png

7TXnhTG.png

STATUS: Healthy || Diplomatic

 LOCATION: Residential Hallway

CURATORS: Tovan, Kaeya, Lucio, Skipper, Tomori, Hornet

 OTHER PARTICIPANTS: N/A

 

"You're too kind," Xander said politely as he pried the angel's hands off of his shoulders. "But I think it's best if you stop trying to get through that window. We do have a door. Several, actually." Xander frowned slightly at the cracks that were beginning to form on the glass. "Repairing that window won't be easy and I do believe that you're—" Xander glanced briefly at the stranger's wings. "—extra appendages will get in the way."

 

"HEY! What's up mans—"

"Ah!" Startled by his omni-tool suddenly glowing to light, Xander raised his arm and fumbled with the controls until he managed to significantly lower the volume of the call. Xander winced at his lack of professionalism. He had been in the multiverse for months now, and he still struggled with using omni-tools. The cons of coming from a world that didn't have "modern technology" he supposed. Casting his self-doubt to the side, Xander listened worriedly as Sharrkan gleefully invited everyone to join him in the hot springs.

 

"Sounds like someone knows how to have a good time," Kaeya commented with a sly grin. Xander didn't bother to grace that with a response. How did they even find alcohol, Xander wondered to himself. Sharrkan appeared to be in a good mood, so it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that he and the rest of the reconnaissance team had found a world unaffected by any glitches which, in itself, was excellent news. His mention of recruits was curious. Before everyone had decided how to deal with the crack in the sky, a few people had suggested ideas of what else could come through the crack instead of glitches. Sharrkan's assumption that whoever came out of the crack would not only be friendly but be willing to join the Curators was as naive as it was uplifting but, more importantly, it gave Xander an idea.

 

"Pardon me just a moment," Xander said as he pulled open the group chat on his omni-tool and began typing a message.

 

Xander: @ Basil @ Add It seems like more people appeared outside of the dimensional crack. Do you have any idea on who they are and where they're from?

 

Add must have been using his omni-tool because his reply came just a few seconds later.

 

Add: not entirely, but i did do a scan on them.

Add: none of them have UNI codes and based off the way they're acting i assume that they're all new to the multiverse

Add: i haven't been able to get any helpful information out of them. none of them have handled the warp very well

Add@ here i've compressed a file of all the scans i did. have a look for yourselves and let me know if anything else pops up

Xander: Much appreciated, Add.

     [ Add Reacted with 👍]

   [ Basil, Ganyu, and The Knight Reacted with 💖]

The Knight:

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⣶⣄⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣦⣄⣀⡀⣠⣾⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⢿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⣶⣿⣦⣜⣿⣿⣿⡟⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⢿⡏⣴⣺⣦⣙⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⣯⡇⣻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣾⣿⣬⣥⣭⣽⣿⣿⣧⣼⡇⣯⣇⣹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⠀
⠀⠹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⠀

Ganyu: What a cute cat, The Knight!! How did you make it?

 

Knowing that the chat was likely to devolve into chatter among the less busy Curators, Xander ignored the chat and clicked on the file Add sent. A cursory glance over the scans revealed that Add was right: none of the people he scanned had UNI codes among other missing information such as their names. With a satisfied hum, Xander closed his omni-tool. "I think I have a better understanding of what's going on," Xander said. He nodded towards Tovan and Hornet who had surely also seen the messages in the group chat. "I just got a message from a friend. It appears as though there are other people who have appeared here without any knowledge of why or how."

 

Xander placed a hand on his chest. "Allow me to properly introduce myself. I am Xander, the king of Nohr and a country I'm sure none of you have heard before. My friends here are Tovan and Hornet." Xander gestured to each of the Curators as he called out their names. "This is in the Junction which is located in a realm called the Distortion World and we—" Xander waved his hand towards Tovan and Hornet. "—belong to a organization called the Curators. If my friend's hypothesis was correct, then what I'm about to say next might be a heavy topic for some of you. For clarification's sake, would any of you mind telling me if you're familiar with the concept of the multiverse?" Xander remembered the culture shock he faced when his world first made contact with the multiverse. It was a startling realization that took him quite a while to reconcile with. He was sure the strangers had plenty of questions, but he wanted to ease them into the truth of situation as gently as he could.

 

B3UfhVC.png

3suGHxQ.png

STATUS: Healthy || Defensive

 LOCATION: Infirmary --> Alchemy Room

CURATORS: Sandalphon, Crow

 OTHER PARTICIPANTS: N/A

He was... laughing at him!

 

The realization quietly formed in Joker's mind just as the stranger, an angel it looked like, glared at him. Joker's apology fizzled out as the stranger made a motion to move forward, almost like he was going to summon something. In a hazy panic, Joker ripped the mask off his face and yelled out "Persona!" just as another unfamiliar voice said, "Behave." Blue flames burst out from behind Joker. Black plumage sprung out from them, creating black wings that sprouted from behind Joker's back before the rest of Arsène's body began to materialize. Bleakly, Joker realized that the unfamiliar voice did not belong to anyone in the room. Scanning the room warily, Joker listened as the disembodied voice chided the stranger before... blessing him? It was confusing, entirely so, but for some reason it convinced the stranger to give into Joker's request albeit in a petty way if his glare and the gust of wind from his wings were any indication. Joker stared at the stranger, anger heated under his skin. He took in a deep breath, tried to ignore it, and ushered the stranger out of the room.

 

The alchemy room, to put it plainly, undergoing renovations. Dr. Sucia had been using it as a personal workshop for awhile. There weren't a lot of Curators who had experience with brewing potions or casting enchantments besides her so no one had contested her claim upon it. She had left with one of the reconnaissance groups not too long ago, citing a need to collect new materials for her work. Exactly what her "work" was she had been vague about, but before she left she had given clear instructions that her workshop was not to be touched, much to Komaeda's chagrin. Flasks full of colorful liquids, opened books, and various chemical instruments were strewn across the workshop. In the far left corner of the workshop were two intents in the floor, pools full of swirling blue and green liquids respectively. The air in the room felt charged, prickling against Joker's skin. Joker had set up a kettle near one of the sinks to brew tea. Aerith had advised him not to set it up in the infirmary least it spill. He had sat with Crow for most of the day, but he had left the room for just a minute to tend to the hissing kettle when Crow's life support went off.

 

A beep went off on his omni-tool.

"Hold on a second," Joker said as he raised his tool, bringing his omni-tool to life. Not wanting to disturb Crow, Joker had placed his omni-tool in silent. He could see from the message log that Sharrkan had apparently called the entire group chat. Joker gave a small smile. So that meant that Fox and Skull had returned to the Junction. Good, it was already great to know that his friends were safe. Underneath the call notification was a back and forth between Add and Xander in regards to "the new arrivals". Curious, Joker clicked the file Add had sent, revealing a scan of 10 individuals that, as Add said, lacked UNI codes. So instead of glitches, a bunch of people who had never experienced the multiverse had somehow arrived at the Junction. Joker glanced over his shoulder at the stranger. If that was the case, than the angel probably also wasn't familiar with the multiverse.

 

"It appears that other people like you arrived here too," Joker said, looking back at his omni-tool. "Meaning, you don't know what the multiverse is or anything about what happened at the ICH or... what the ICH is." It was clear that Joker needed to explain to the stranger what was going on. In any other scenario, he would be. Meeting new people and discovering new worlds had been the highlight of entering the multiverse, and yet, Joker could not ignore the fury he had been trying to suppress. He could not get the stranger's laughter out of his mind. That man had laughed at the idea of Crow dying. He had laughed when Joker had been shaking. He had been so petrified by the idea of losing Crow all over again, the idea that was going to have to watch Akechi die after losing everything else, and the angel had treated it was an inconvenience. Joker closed his omni-tool. He took in a sharp, shaky breath, and then the wall around his heart collapsed.

 

"Let me make something very clear to you." Joker spun on his heel and marched up towards the stranger, fits clenched at his side. "I do not care who you are. I don't care if you're an angel, or a god, or whatever!" Joker pointed an accusatory finger at the stranger's chest. "You do not have authority here. Maybe you did back in your universe, but not here. I, nor anyone else here, has any intention of hurting you or anyone else that has come here today, but—" Joker nearly growled his next words. "—if you dare to hurt anyone here then you will be dealt with. We will not tolerate you acting like some brainless savage and—!"

 

What was he doing?

 

Joker snapped his mouth shut, raising a fist to cover it. His Adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed thickly against the bile rising in his throat. Joker didn't like threatening people, not like this, and the angel was clearly too arrogant and cruel to care about what he almost did. He would have attacked Joker if that mysterious voice never appeared. Joker sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. He was aware that there were many people in the multiverse who were just... bad. There was always going to be people who enacted the injustices in the world, people who lacked empathy and only cared for their own, perverted, selfish desires. There was no use yelling at the angel, if he could even really be called that. He obviously didn't kill about killing people, so the only possible way to get through to him was to bring up the potential harm to the only thing he likely cared about: himself.

 

"Forget it," Joker said, dully. He shook his head regretfully. "You probably wouldn't listen anyway." Joker folded his arms across his chest. "So let me cut to the chase. You're stuck here. Unless we can figure out where you came from and how, you will spend the rest of eternity here or, if you're unlucky this universe will become infected like the rest and you'll cease to exist along with everything else here." It occurred to Joker that he hadn't explained what glitches were, but he doubted the man cared about anything except getting back home. "So to make things short and sweet, state  your name, describe your universe, and tell me what happened before you got here. You can't go home unless we know where you came from." Arsène who had settled upon the nearest chair, crossed one leg over the other. He held a tea cup delicately in his clawed fingertips and watched the stranger with interest. He tilted his head and motioned towards a second cup of warm tea on the counter, a silent offer.

 

qDJi4SN.png

FAv3TJg.png

STATUS: Healthy || Concerned

 LOCATION: Lower Library

CURATORS: Bom-Byx, Ori, Sein

 OTHER PARTICIPANTS: N/A

 

Much to Aerith's delight, the cat-like person recovered quickly. She smiled to herself, pleased to see that the magic worked without fail. "Feeling better?" Aerith asked with a kind smile. The stranger was looking at her oddly, but Aerith didn't mind. The multiverse was full of all sorts of people so it made sense if the cat-lady was unused to seeing someone with Aerith's deposition. A second unfamiliar voice sounded from behind Aerith. Curious, she turned around and spotted what appeared to be a small white creature hiding behind a strange glowing orb. Aerith couldn't parse whatever language the light appeared to be speaking.

 

Frowning, Aerith raised her arm to opened her omni-tool. Briefly, she saw a notification from the group chat, that she had put mute earlier that day, and looked through it until she got caught up on the latest messages. Everyone here was new? Aerith glanced between the strange creatures around her. That would explain some of the confusion. Shaking her head, Aerith closed the chat and continued with her original plan. She fumbled with the translation function for a few moments before lowering her open, causing the hologram on her arm to dissipate. "Hello?" Aerith tried again. "Can you understand me now?"

Before the orb or the white creature could reply, the cat lady started demanding to know where she was. Aerith jumped up, startled by the sudden aggression. "H-Hold on, ma'am!" Aerith said, holding her hands up in surrender. "I don't mean you any harm!" Aerith turned her body so she properly address all three strangers. "My name is Aerith and this is the Junction. We're currently in a place called the Distortion World. We're not the only ones here, but don't worry! Everyone else here is very nice! Erm, well, they're not mean!" Aerith smiled apologetically. "I'm afraid I don't know how you all got here and I'm sure you have a lot of questions. I'm happy to get you up to speed, but I don't want to confuse or overwhelm with too much information, so is it okay if we start off with some basics?" Clasping her hands together, Aerith's apologetic grin turned into a cheerful one. "Could you all tell me your names and where you were before you got here?"

CQd6vVC.png

40gsek6.png

STATUS: Healthy || Mischievous

 LOCATION: Hot Spring

CURATORS: Sharrkan, Fox, Skull

 OTHER PARTICIPANTS: N/A

 

Without warning, Sieghart resurfaced from behind Sharrkan, quickly grabbed his hips and shouted "Bo!" Waves of hot water splashed the hot spring's occupants, causing both Fox's and Skull's screams of surprise into fits of coughing. Sieghart threw his head back and laughed.


"Ha! By the Goddesses, you all left and found the last bar in the multiverse?" Sieghart asked. He grinned wildly at the hot spring's other occupants who, until that moment, hadn't realized he was there. Sieghart squeezed Sharrkan's hips once then released him. "That's hilarious!" Sieghart giggled loudly. His laughter was so boisterous that his words were almost incoherent. "Ha! Oh Lord, you went out and got drunk then came back? Then you invited everyone over the group chat!" Sieghart slapped a hand on the side of the hot spring. "Pffth, Someone is going to beat your ass, haha!" Fox and Skull had managed to settle their coughing fits, but neither of them looked overly pleased with Sieghart laughing at their potential future misery. Seeing their expressions, Sieghart attempted, and mostly failed, to calm his laughing fit.

 

"Heh, okay." Sieghart coughed into his fist in an attempt to settle himself. He managed to quench is laughter, but his grin had only gotten wider. "Listen, boys and Yusuke, if you need any help with the mob of angry people that will surely come in here and throw you off the Junction and into the abyss then the Great and Wonderful Sieghart is here to rescue you." Sieghart jabbed his chest with his thumb. "I've had to quell disagreements between teammates before and it always worked in my favor or, well..." Sieghart shrugged. "Most of them did. But anyway!" Sieghart looked between his fellow Curators mischievously. "You can't just talk about some non-glitched bar or club you went to and not give me the deets! What was it like? Where was it? What happened? Was Dio there?" Without prompting, Sieghart placed a hand on top of Sharrkan's forehead. "Ooh, are you still hungover? Your face is so flushed." Sieghart lowered his voice down to a whisper. "You didn't do any drugs, did you?" A gasp and then, "Did Dio do drugs?"

Edited by Doctortear

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

yFYvzS6.png

Armin Arlert - Did I land on my head?

 

Damn.

 

A groan escapes his throat as he  lays there. Armin had had his ass handed to him, and for who-knows what reason, now he's in a lot of pain. Perhaps the adrenaline had died down. 

 

"Oh no!" A feminine voice echoes in his ear. "Are you alright?" Something starts tugging at his shoulder, causing his body to shudder in surprise. "Do you need any help getting up?" Well, that appears to be his cue to wake up and see what's going on, for that voice is not familiar. Armin opens his eyes-

 

-And wishes he didn't. There's suddenly too much going on and he'd rather remain in the room with Eren. 

 

....Eren.

 

Armin's eyes soften at the name, until he remembers what Eren just did to him, to Mikasa. Then he hardens his expression and exhales sharply, dismissing the thought and turning to the young woman- who he notes has very odd attire and foxlike ears. To his dismay, his face returns to a neutral, if not intrigued state. "A-ah, thank you, I appreciate it." But just as he's ready to get up with the dark-haired girl's help-

 

A young man with dark hair and green eyes - a very familiar color scheme, unfortunately - grabs her and throttles her to the ground. Armin yelps and falls backward.

 

"You're bold, to send your couriers so far and wide across the multiverse. Had I not been there, would your men have destroyed the town after I'd left?"

 

The stranger points the sword he's holding at the woman, radiating the same energy as... No. No.

 

"I'll kill you now to dispatch this threat. Unless... someone else is in charge." 

 

Armin sits upright, his eyes wide with panic. "N-now WHAT do you think you're---"

 

3lxUWFt.png

 

Lara K  (feat. Adora and Virgil) - It reeks of rage in here.

 

Lara hears a familiar voice yelling out as she turns on her heel. Her attention has been grabbed from the person next to her shoving something in their bag and the scenario going on near her. At this point, she'd kind of stopped caring anyway. She turns to see Armin, surrounded by a rather upsetting sight- one of the women is being held at sword point by a rather crazed young man. She snarls and pulls out one of her swords from her gear and barks out, "HEY. Why not pick on someone else?"  She prepares to pounce when one of the others- the woman with the giant forehead and the poof in her hair- grabs her by the waist and holds her back, causing the wind to knock out of her and her sword to fall to the ground. 

 

When she gets control of her lungs again, Lara hisses a number of curses and tries to flail out of her arms. After a moment, she manages to elbow the woman's gut and begins sprinting. "HEY, WAIT, WE--" the woman calls after Lara, but Lara continues to run. She almost makes it until she collides with a tree trunk of an arm. A rush of air escapes her lungs. She manages to mouth a curse word before falling limp over the arm.

 

She is defeated. She has met her match, just for now.

 

"H-hey, come on. We're not trying to have a battle royale here! Come on! We don't know what this **** can do!"

 

Damn. The b*****d has stopped screaming. He's calmed down. And worst of all, he's got me beat.

 

Lara mutters a few choice words at the masculine voice that matches the arm she's hanging over as soon as she regains her breath. She tries to struggle for a moment, but both arms wrap around her waist as the man holds her back-first to his chest. "I mean it. We don't know what he can do."

 

"You don't know what I can do---"

 

"You'd've done it already, whatever crazy tricks you would know, and gotten out of my arms by now."

 

Drat. 

 

Lara groans and falls limp. "Ugh, **** it, fine. Just put me down."

 

"Okay, but let me deal with this. I got powers for this kinda thing."

 

"Ugh, fine."

 

He lets her go, takes a deep breath, and extends his right arm. A rock forms around the woman- a rock- and Lara's eyes widen. She notes Armin rolling out of the way before the rock surrounds the woman completely. To her dismay, the hostile man manages to get out of the way as well.

 

And before she can say anything, she sees a flash of blonde and watches as Armin gets into a crouching position and attempts to punch the man from below. This seems to work, as Armin somehow manages to knock the assailant down. Damn, didn't know the twig had it in 'em. 

 

"H-HEY. Can you slow down for just a moment? I don't think any of us here have the slightest idea what you're talking about! And even if this girl was a threat, don't you think something would have happened to me by now? L-look at me!" Straddling the man, he sits upright for a moment and flail his arms around. "Look at me! I'm fine! We're fine!" He looks down at him and Lara blinks. She's not surprised at his attempt to defuse the situation, but she's still reeling from how he managed to knock someone to the ground. "J-just hold on, whatever you're talking about is a huge misunderstanding!"

 

Lara grins. "Not your best one, 'Min, but I guess you did alright," she mutters under her breath. Then she turns to look at the rather handsome young man behind her. "Guess all we needed was- oh hello there." She winks at him. 

 

He winks back. "Virgil. You?"

 

"Lara. And the twink-master over there is Armin."

 

"Mm, interesting, did a pretty good job knocking that dude down. Well, here's hoping Armeen here did the trick."

 

She faces the large bounder and nods. Lara doesn't want to admit it, but she also hopes Armin did the right thing. Or rather, she hopes Not-Eren over there is convinced.

Edited by Mikasa361

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

HornetBanner.png
[Hornet]
[Bond / Stable]

 

 

The chatter continued and was that --

 

Okay. He was loud. Hornet unclenched her hand from her cape. She stepped back forward. He definitely wasn't used to this, given the confusion written all over his face.

 

"...takin' that as a yes."

 

And then the angel in the window forced his way through and started hugging people and touching their faces. Hornet stepped back again. Weird. She exhaled heavily. Ain't feelin' like a glomp here....

 

A beeping from Hornet's omnitool distracted her. She pulled up the chat, and - oh. More people came from the crack? Yeah, that solidified it. After a cursory glance to make sure no one else was pinging her, she opened the file Add sent.

 

No UNI codes. Funny. Hornet still remembered hers, even if ... that accident... meant it didn't come up as much.

 

That wasn't the only thing she noticed as she scanned down the barebones information. Of course, it probably didn't hurt that the presence in her head was reminding her it was there. Not saying anything yet, but....

 

"You saw that, huh?"

 

[A god of the dead.]

 

"Which one?" Hornet muttered. "No - wait!" But her companion's presence had receded for the time being. She grumbled, before realising Xander had launched into an explanation while she'd been distracted by the file.

 

Hornet jerked her head up. Things were a lot calmer. When she heard Xander call her name, the carrier flashed a quick grin and a thumbs up. "Yeah, that'd be me. I'm Hornet, and I'm from a place called Eagle Union."

 

Once Xander had finished talking, Hornet turned her gaze towards the new people. "What he said, pretty much. And, uh... I dunno, don't feel bad if y'all didn't know 'bout it or y'all are confused. Not everyone does." Hornet left the bit about them hopefully not panicking again unsaid.

Edited by DuskOfTheStars

Share this post


Link to post

Tovan Khev
<Status: Stable | Lost in thought>
<Location: Residential hallway>
<Curators: Xander | Hornet>
<Others: Kaeya | Lucio | Skipper | Nao>

 

~~

 

And another one shows up! This time, another fellow Curator... what was her name again? Hornet? God, he was terrible with names, but her "Earth Old West" look made her stand out, much to his relief. Not long after she'd spoken, though, the guy who had crashed came bounding up like an excited child.

 

And then the winged one started complimenting everyone within earshot. How... interesting it was, to see such enthusiasm in someone he'd barely even met.

 

Of course, the sound of his own omni-tool going off in addition to Xander's startled Tovan, badly, and for a few brief moments, he forgot how to work the damn thing. As soon as he got his bearings back, he completely cut the sound. He looked around and caught a glimpse of how badly started Xander was; this poor man, not used to technology at all, had probably been scared out of his wits. He's been in this multiverse longer than me and he's still not used to it... Tovan couldn't help but feel bad for him.

 

Of course, it quickly gave way when he saw Xander typing away and read what had been posted, including the attached file. The lack of UNI codes, in itself, was rather telling.

 

After Xander introduced himself, Tovan figured he'd get his own introduction in. He did a polite half-bow. "Well, no sense in staying quiet now. I'm Commander Tovan Khev of the Romulan Republic, though I'm sure not many of you have heard of it. If any of you have, for that matter..."

 

Hearing Xander's question made Tovan remember when he'd been asked that same question. And he'd answered truthfully; his universe had only barely scratched the surface and he was to be the first of them operating in the multiverse proper.

 

Then that incident had to go and screw up everything. The Romulan man couldn't help but be lost in thought.

 

~~

 

Double Trouble
<Status: Stable>
<Current Form: True Form>
<Location: The Garden>
<Curators: Add | Basil>
<Others: multiple Slimes | Hibiki | Y'shtola | Isaias | Virgil | Adora | Lara | Ara | Kanade>

 

Hibiki Tachibana
<Status: Stable | Very very upset>
<Gungnir Symphogear: Inactive>
<Location: The Garden>
<Curators: Add | Basil>
<Others: multiple Slimes | Double Trouble | Y'shtola | Isaias | Virgil | Adora | Lara | Ara | Kanade>

 

Y'shtola Rhul
<Status: Stable | Annoyed>
<Location: The Garden>
<Curators: Add | Basil>
<Others: multiple Slimes | Double Trouble | Hibiki | Isaias | Virgil | Adora | Lara | Ara | Kanade>

 

~~

 

Such a buzzkill! And they thought Adora was the serious one. At least they weren't all dead. Sort of. "...shorten your life force, huh? Now why would you go and do that, kitten?"

 

Y'shtola let out an exasperated sigh. Curse this situation. "...an accident left me blind, and I can use my own aether to replace the eyesight that was lost. Of course, the process has its own... imperfections. Shortening my life force is just one of them. Not by years, though - a few turns of the sun here, a few hours there, a couple of moons in between, maybe - but nothing so dramatic as years and years at one time--"

 

Of course she ended up getting cut off by the sound of screaming. "Oh for Twelve's sakes."

 

Hibiki was about to sing, she'd just drawn in a breath to do so, when the conflict resolved just as quickly. It saved her from having to waste her breath on a song, at least, though she was still visibly upset. "We've all barely been here for twenty minutes and there's already fighting?! That's going to get us all nowhere awfully fast, so if we all want to go home and get back to whatever we were all doing before we fell out of the sky, maybe we should start working together or something?!"

 

~~

Share this post


Link to post

Zagreus Text.png

Zagreus Image.png


[ STATUS: Disorientated, Freshly Not-Dead ]
[ LOCATION: Hot Springs ]
[ CURATORS: Sharrkan, Seighart, Fox, Skull ]

 

Not those damn satyrs again.

 

Poison was, in Zagreus’ opinion, one of the worst ways to die. The concoction that the satyrs were so fond of using always left behind a pain that seemed to spread through the entirety of his physical form, and though all traces of it were supposed to be removed upon his revival there always seemed to be a lingering queasiness that came from it. Coupled with the fact that he would have had to defeat swarms of enemies, only to fall to a simple poison dart in the neck, and it was always also one of the more humiliating ways to wake back up in the House of Hades.

 

Ugh. Hypnos is going to have a right little chuckle about this one.

 

The horrid sensation was starting to recede though and Zagreus could finally feel the familiar waters of the Pool of Styx settling on his skin. As he reformed below the surface he continued to mull over what sort of unhelpful advice the sleepy little scribe of death had in store for him this time, and whether he could think of a smart enough comeback for him. He hoped it would be a good one from Hypnos, at least, as it seemed to have taken far longer than usual for his body to catch up to his conscious mind. Perhaps this is father’s new way of putting me on a timeout? Mused the young god. It wasn’t going to stop him trying to escape again, of course, but he had to hand it to the old man in that it was an effective way of slowing him down for an hour or two.

 

Zagreus opened his eyes, squinting through the murky depths of the Pool of Styx. Something vied for his attention, a faint flicker of light that he could sense earlier through his eyelids. He shifted his gaze upwards, frowning as he spied the usual blurry lighting from the roof of his home. Just as he had assumed, the surface of the pool was still above him. So what was the light ebbing in and out of focus further down? Zagreus angled himself away from the surface and began to swim further down into the depths of the Pool of Styx to investigate. As he got closer to the glow, he found it was difficult to properly process what exactly he was looking at through the blurry waters. It seemed to be a pulsating fissure of some kind, suspended within the waters. Zagreus tilted his head in silent wonder, trying to recall if he had seen anything in the Codex before that would provide him with some answers. Maybe it was someone else aiding his quest? A new boon perhaps? The fissure trembled, the faint light ebbing from it now flaring brightly as the cracks surrounding it grew worse. Zagreus went wide-eyed and tried to paddle backwards, only to find himself now being drawn in by an unseen force towards the strange new entity. A bright light filled his vision as he struggled in vain against the current, and it drowned out the rest of his senses as he felt himself and the water surrounding him be drawn into the fissure. 

 

Bright, blinding light engulfed him, and then suddenly Zagreus caught a glimpse of a location that was entirely foreign to him before plunging back into another, much warmer, body of water. Shocked by the entire experience he inhaled sharply as he landed and earned himself a huge lungful of water for his efforts. Zagreus spluttered and gasped as he finally burst from the surface, briefly thumping himself in the chest to better clear his airways. As his breathing settled he finally took the chance to properly look at his surroundings, blinking in a rather dumb-founded manner as a few new faces greeted his line of vision. Exactly none of them were gods, or at least not any gods Zagreus was familiar with. There was a gentleman that seemed to have the same fashion sense as Aphrodite, though.

 

“Ah. Erm. Hello? Sorry to have dropped in like this.”

 

He stated, raising a hand out of the now-crimson water surrounding him and waving at the unfamiliar faces. As his hand drifted through the air the blood-like liquid melted away from it, briefly revealing pale and utterly dry skin beneath it. Zagreus took a moment to shake off more excess liquid from his other arm and survey the rest of his surroundings. He appeared to have been transported to a hot spring of some kind, surrounded by a world that he could only describe as a bizarre combination of the brief glimpses he’d had of the Surface and the dimension that Chaos resided in. 

 

Was he in the living world?

 

Zagreus glanced upwards. Like a waterfall the crimson contents of the Pool of Styx continued to gush and ooze from the fissure. Zagreus pursed his lips in thought and quirked an eyebrow up at the make-shift water feature, wondering if there was some sort of way to close it off before half of the bloody river ended up in the hot spring.

 

“Dreadfully sorry about that. Um...where exactly am I? Is this Greece?”

 

Inquired Zagreus, deciding to direct his question towards one of the other current occupants of the hot spring. He then flashed a toothy grin and did his best to look just as baffled and not-responsible for the fissure as he assumed the rest of them were.

Edited by Lycanious

Share this post


Link to post

Phosphophyllite
<Status: Lost a leg>
<Location: The Stables>
<Others: a weird hooved creature>

 

~~

 

Of course they'd end up falling down in the middle of a Lunarian invasion. This sort of thing always happened to them, often for reasons frequently out of control. It was when they'd fallen further that they grew suspcious... and then afraid--

 

And then they landed somewhere else, nowhere even remotely close to the plains they'd been on before--

 

*CRACK!*

 

Ah, crap. There goes their left leg again. Even worse, it had broken off on their thigh. It didn't look like they were going to be moving much unless someone else found it and returned it to them.

 

Then they looked around. This looked nothing like their home! Where were they?! "...Sensei?! Dia?! Bort?!"

 

No response. Now they began to grow worried. "Zircon?! Rutile?! Yellow?!"

The only response seemed to be the distressed sounds coming from... whatever that weird creature with hooves was. Phos tried to back away from it a bit, but with most of their left leg missing, they didn't get far. "P-Please, no-- Stay away from me!! Someone, please, help!!"

Share this post


Link to post