Keileon

The signature height is still incorrect

Well, the old thread was closed as "answered" despite me bringing up an issue I'm pretty sure is related, so I'm just going to post a new thread.

My post in the old one:

It looks like the signature height limit actually decreased as a result of this? I remember being able to have my banner (on desktop; it's broken on mobile devices, lol) and two lines of small text visible, but now it just shows the banner.

I did recently update the banner, but it's the same height it was before. I noticed someone else's signature was cut off when it wasn't before, as well.

If I had to guess, I'd wager the limit is 200px tall when it was 250px before? Rough estimate based on my banner being exactly 200px tall.

It's still like this, and I'd like to at least know if this is now intentional or just an oversight. @TJ09?

I have seen several other people whose signature is cut off now. I think when TJ fixed the problem of no limit he cut it down a little too far.

Indeed it is. Especially since the signature editor does NOT TELL YOU what the limit is.

I just noticed this as well. I cannot see the bottom of my signature.

On 2/27/2021 at 7:46 AM, Keileon said:

Well, the old thread was closed as "answered" despite me bringing up an issue I'm pretty sure is related, so I'm just going to post a new thread.

My post in the old one:

It's still like this, and I'd like to at least know if this is now intentional or just an oversight. @TJ09?

@TJ09, it would be much appreciated if you could look into this. See my sig. Same one I’ve had for years, but now the bottom of it is cut off, the part that plugs ARC,and the mentoring project. 

It appears that the default height of signatures was inadvertently shortened. Would appreciate if there is anything you can do.

I'm fine with its current height (even though mine sometimes gets cut off) - a lot of huge sigs to make pages hard to read - but it would be good if the limit was made clear.

23 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'm fine with its current height (even though mine sometimes gets cut off) - a lot of huge sigs to make pages hard to read - but it would be good if the limit was made clear.

That's all well and good for you, but some of us have made signature banners specifically tailored to the old height, and it's a lot of hassle to fix them for (what might be) an error that takes two minutes to fix. Hence why I just want to know if it's intentional, so I know if it's worth changing my banner again.

I realise that - but the crucial issue is to know what the limit is. Which is part of what you are saying there :)

@TJ09 - please to clarify ?

On 4/3/2021 at 4:45 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

I'm not fine with the current height, as I didn't see anything wrong with the old height, and many people's sigs are on that "old" height. It seemed to work fine for years; I see no need to change it now.

I agree with you that whatever the height is, TJ needs to specify it. 

I can't tell if this is from an Invision software update or if the signature height was manually changed. Invision also has plug-ins that allow signature height changes. I don't know if one of those was used. 

When the invision update happened the limit on signatures was apparently removed entirely. That allowed for some absolutely HUGE signature images to be displayed which would have been awful if they had been allowed to multiply. This was brought to TJ's attention and he reduced the allowed size. Apparently he reduced it a bit smaller than the previous limit, which has caused some signatures not to display fully. A small correction would be appreciated @TJ09.

14 hours ago, purplehaze said:

When the invision update happened the limit on signatures was apparently removed entirely. That allowed for some absolutely HUGE signature images to be displayed which would have been awful if they had been allowed to multiply. This was brought to TJ's attention and he reduced the allowed size. Apparently he reduced it a bit smaller than the previous limit, which has caused some signatures not to display fully. A small correction would be appreciated @TJ09.

I appreciate this history, as I was unaware.

TJ, please allow us to have the same height signature that we had for years (mine since 2013). I was never aware that a height limit was inadvertently removed by a software update, and I never took advantage of that. Apparently because some people did, the default signature height was altered, but was altered so that it affects those of us with long-standing signatures that always fit under the old sig height rules.

On 4/5/2021 at 10:38 PM, missy_ said:

I was never aware that a height limit was inadvertently removed by a software update, and I never took advantage of that. Apparently because some people did, the default signature height was altered, but was altered so that it affects those of us with long-standing signatures that always fit under the old sig height rules.

It was less that and more that some users already had images bigger than the sig height, especially the older signatures that used tinypic urls which now universally display one fairly large image to tell people tinypic no longer exists. Those were showing up fully, and the removal of the height limit was noticed almost immediately.

Aaaaaaand it is still incorrect.

In addition, my signature now appears with different vertical portions visible within the same thread. 

Below are two examples of my signature in the same thread. In one of them, my signature is cut off at the bottom. In the other, the signature is cut off at the top. Very odd.

Signature cut off at bottom:

67BF3722-38C7-42BB-A495-2F45055F3D3C.thumb.jpeg.b31e9d5f43c404a11e7904f98710d19e.jpeg

Signature cut off at top:

04F42D14-2025-46E7-93EC-93248EEE5571.thumb.jpeg.f59fe32caa479a8767cd13a74102a71f.jpeg