InvaderAlexis

release ethereal celestials

6 hours ago, Erebus said:

Yeah but as soon as you breed them, they go back right away. Ithought they had a week. But you've told me alot about them. BTW, I kept chickens for years.  I know big words, like multiclutch. 😁 I know. I'm a smartass. Also, I have no idea what that big brown thing on my reply is. I've never seen it before. I like it though. I'll keep it. 

The brown thing is an "a lot" one word. It appears in the text if you don't put in the space because a lot is two words. It's an old internet joke from "hyperbole and a half" blog.

I support this suggestion. Let Celestials stay corporeal for the whole week.

For the record, I have no problem with celestials being releasable while incorporeal. However, them staying corporeal after breeding is a direct contradiction to their breed lore. They are not meant to remain corporeal longer than absolutely necessary to reproduce.

Fair enough - Odeen rules on this one. It wasn't actually bothering me, but if that's their lore, that's their lore.

1 hour ago, Odeen said:

For the record, I have no problem with celestials being releasable while incorporeal. However, them staying corporeal after breeding is a direct contradiction to their breed lore. They are not meant to remain corporeal longer than absolutely necessary to reproduce.

I didn't know that's actually part of their lore, is there any way that can be made clearer? Because what the text actually says seems to indicate the opposite, really. 

image.png.4d852457c02dd6e09ab79d734eb06e6b.png

image.png.0674739b98b9540398c852366514a2fa.png

17 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I didn't know that's actually part of their lore, is there any way that can be made clearer? Because what the text actually says seems to indicate the opposite, really. 

That sort of information inclusion would probably have to coincide with an encyclopedia expansion (not sure how often T.J. pushes those, and in all honesty I would have to finish writing it) to release info for breeds that don't have encyclopedia info presently. Can't really speak toward the verbiage that's on the website itself, but the reason that celestials phase shift immediately after breeding in spite of the text is because that was my intent from the start.

On the wiki it does say that they MAY stay corporeal for 7 days, not that they will.

23 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

"it's not in the lore"? it says in the dragon's description that it only becomes corporeal long enough to breed and stuff and then goes away....

image.png.bb9f6be386d9518fb1933ba1a2f8462a.png

i don't see any reason why they shouldn't be releaseable while corporeal for the record but did you try looking at a celestial's info page.... like where the lore is...

1 minute ago, PoppyseedMuffiin said:

"it's not in the lore"? it says in the dragon's description that it only becomes corporeal long enough to breed and stuff and then goes away....

image.png.bb9f6be386d9518fb1933ba1a2f8462a.png

i don't see any reason why they shouldn't be releaseable while corporeal for the record but did you try looking at a celestial's info page.... like where the lore is...

While that's true, it does say it *somewhere*, I feel like the one place it definitely *should* say it is on the Action pages when you actually use the action? The action text is a direct contradiction to what is meant for them, apparently. Yes, you can maybe figure out from their description that they don't stay corporeal for long, the *actual text* on the Action itself says otherwise. It literally says 'it will remain for 7 days'. I'm not arguing that it's not there anywhere, but the text on the actual Action shouldn't directly contradict it. 

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

While that's true, it does say it *somewhere*, I feel like the one place it definitely *should* say it is on the Action pages when you actually use the action? The action text is a direct contradiction to what is meant for them, apparently. Yes, you can maybe figure out from their description that they don't stay corporeal for long, the *actual text* on the Action itself says otherwise. It literally says 'it will remain for 7 days'. I'm not arguing that it's not there anywhere, but the text on the actual Action shouldn't directly contradict it. 

To be fair, there are a lot of things in this game that are not communicated openly on the action pages. Breeding two dragons gives you no warning that the two dragons may refuse, even when you try to breed two dragons that are guaranteed to refuse. I can't remember if it's listed anywhere which dragons actually cause Lumina dragons to lose their scales, or how long they'll be without them, and there is also no indication that killing and reviving, say, a Pitfire dragon will result in an alt. These are all things that are learned either through experience or community knowledge. The action page is meant to be a concise description of the action being performed, not necessarily a repository of every potential consequence of a given action being performed.