lexi_

release ethereal celestials

corporealizing celestials is already a major inconvenience, but that's not what i'm asking to change here. it's annoying to have to wait such a long time in terms of breeding alone, but i have a project where once i breed a dragon and continue its line, i release its parents into the wild. i have a LOT of celestials for this project, and it just occurred to me that you can't release incorporeal celestials.... which is a MAJOR pain. why not? i can understand why you cant kill a celestial while they're incorporeal, as you'd need to physically interact with it in order to do so, but releasing is just crossing its information off your scroll and leaving it to be on its own. it doesn't even make sense lore-wise, and is just a pain.

PLEASE let me release my celestials when theyre incorporeal! it's such a small thing but its SO annoying since i have so many of them for this particular project, and i'm realizing i'm going to have to wait 28 days between breeding them and releasing them... ugh. 

While we're at it, I wish finding a Celestial on a breeding list would show corporealize if it was available and they were available for breeding. Right now you don't know if they're actually available and if they are you have to navigate to their page, perform the action, then return to where you started. Combining corpor...realize haha however you spell it with the breed action would be great.

tbh, i don't understand why celestials incorporealize the instant they're bred, and i would like to get to keep them corporeal for the full week that the action promises, even if i breed them.

1 minute ago, Stromboli said:

tbh, i don't understand why celestials incorporealize the instant they're bred, and i would like to get to keep them corporeal for the full week that the action promises, even if i breed them.

this is true as well! they have such a beautiful corporeal sprite, and i rarely get to see it because i don't like to waste my corporealize actions on them since the cooldown is so long, and it goes away the second you breed... really feels like a waste to me :( that would solve both problems, as you'd be able to release OR kill them anyway without having to wait another month

I didn't realize this wasn't already a thing! Full support, especially if added with the edits to how corporealize currently works. I love Celestials, but breeding them is such a pain...

Support, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be able to boot them off the clan while incorporeal.

I agree - Celestials really should stay corporeal for the full week after they were corporealized! So support for that by me, too.

Support for both - releaseability and corporeal durability XD

I've always thought it was a shame that they didn't stay corporeal after breeding. Seems such a waste of a beautiful sprite to only see it for a few moments a month.

So, I support both parts of this, too. I have never wanted to release one, myself, but it only makes sense to me to be able to release it in either state.

I don't see why they would need to be corporeal to be released. Support, and also for keeping them corporeal for a while after breeding, the sprites are really nice and it's such a shame we almost never get to see them.

It's rare that I release dragons - but I have to agree with others that it would be a lot more convenient if this (and as someone else mentioned - breed) were useable while incorporeal OR that they remained Coporeal for the full 7 days (with the standard  cool down for the BSA)

So support for a small QoL change

Honestly I'd just like it if their BSA was like the Aegis one, artists intentions and all, but it really is a shame we can't often see the corporeal form - it's so lovely!

For a long time I *thought* they stayed corporeal for the full 7 days whether or not you bred them. Given their extremely long cooldown it would be so helpful if they simply stayed corporeal for that 7 days even if you breed them. That would help with things like viewing for encyclopedia, and would allow you to release and use other actions.

coming back here again to say, i JUST NOW became able to release the celestial thats been sitting on my scroll, ready to be released, but i couldnt. 

the other cooldowns, breed and kill, i can understand why youd need to corporealize a celestial to do, but release seems... really pointless. its a small quality of life change, but good god is it annoying.

3 hours ago, InvaderAlexis said:

coming back here again to say, i JUST NOW became able to release the celestial thats been sitting on my scroll, ready to be released, but i couldnt. 

Strange, I checked with one of my Celestials and I'm unable to release it despite it being incorporeal

KcBO1Nf.png

Edited by Chaos Rider

6 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

Strange, I checked with one of my Celestials and I'm unable to release it despite it being incorporeal

I think they meant that it has been a month since their first post, so the cooldown was over and they could corporealize it, which made it possible to release.

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I think they meant that it has been a month since their first post, so the cooldown was over and they could corporealize it, which made it possible to release.

this is exactly what i meant, just emphasizing how irritating that this mechanic is to have to wait a full month to... release an unwanted dragon.

I support either making them stay corporeal the whole week regardless of being bred, or making them releasable regardless of what form they’re in, or both!

On 2/25/2021 at 7:35 PM, Stromboli said:

Yes!  It says when you perform the actiona that they won't return to the plane for 7 days, yet they poof right back immediately after breeding, which is not only confusing but also disappointing because I *love* the corporeal sprite! 

I bred my celestial and had 3 eggs. I had 4 eggs, so I thought I would get only 1 egg, because I can only have 5 eggs at a time. So when I got 3, I abandoned 3 other eggs so I could have the 3 celestials, but the powers that be took away all 3 eggs and so then I only had 2 eggs! Bummer. Celestials are all over in the AP right now, but I'll have to try again when I don't have 5 eggs. 

On 3/29/2021 at 10:44 AM, Sextonator said:

I support either making them stay corporeal the whole week regardless of being bred, or making them releasable regardless of what form they’re in, or both!

Didn't they used to stay Corporealized lnger in the beginning?

I don't ever use Celestials for anything and I never release dragons, but I support all the suggestions so far. It just makes sense to be able to release an incorporeal Celestial, to have it stay corporeal for the full week like it says, regardless of when it's bred, and being able to find Celestials that only need to be corporealized to be breed-able on the breeding list.

45 minutes ago, Erebus said:

I bred my celestial and had 3 eggs. I had 4 eggs, so I thought I would get only 1 egg, because I can only have 5 eggs at a time. So when I got 3, I abandoned 3 other eggs so I could have the 3 celestials, but the powers that be took away all 3 eggs and so then I only had 2 eggs! Bummer. Celestials are all over in the AP right now, but I'll have to try again when I don't have 5 eggs. 

Whenever you get a multiclutch (your dragons breed more than one egg), you can only keep one egg from that clutch no matter what your scroll limits are. If you don't choose an egg to keep within the time limit (an hour? two? I can't remember offhand) all the eggs get abandoned.

Celestials are the only dragon that can have multicluthes outside of holiday breeding windows. The number they breed has nothing to do with your available scroll space.

Yeah but as soon as you breed them, they go back right away. Ithought they had a week. But you've told me alot about them. BTW, I kept chickens for years.  I know big words, like multiclutch. 😁 I know. I'm a smartass. Also, I have no idea what that big brown thing on my reply is. I've never seen it before. I like it though. I'll keep it. 

Edited by Erebus

On 2/26/2021 at 12:36 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

Support for both - releaseability and corporeal durability XD

Same