purplehaze

ANSWERED:Unintended expansion of signature size in new update?

The forum used to cut off forum signature displays at a certain size.

That has apparently changed with this update. I encountered a signature earlier today that had a HUGE image of a dragon in it! It was at least 4 times higher than the signature size that would have displayed under the old forum.

To test, I added a bunch of rows to the top of my signature. The body of my signature is the largest that the old rules would have allowed and adding more to the top would have cut it off at the bottom. It no longer works that way.

I think this needs to change before the forum posts are overwhelmed by massive displays.

Saw this thread and spent a few minutes poking around other threads just to look at different sigs..... Yeah I'm really really hoping this can be reverted or changed. Sigs used to get cut off at the bottom if it took up too much space, I remember having the very bottom of my sig-images cut off when I put a large text at the top of the sig. This is worrying. I already cringe at sigs that have huge animations, this will make it so much worse. I hope I'm not forced to turn off sigs completely because of this, I like seeing (most) sigs!

The image that tipped me off to this has since been removed, but the problem still exists!

I was wondering why your signature was formatted that way! XD I hope this is an easy fix! I've already seen quite a few "way too big" signatures... ^^;

It looks like the signature height limit actually decreased as a result of this? I remember being able to have my banner (on desktop; it's broken on mobile devices, lol) and two lines of small text visible, but now it just shows the banner.

I did recently update the banner, but it's the same height it was before. I noticed someone else's signature was cut off when it wasn't before, as well.

If I had to guess, I'd wager the limit is 200px tall when it was 250px before? Rough estimate based on my banner being exactly 200px tall.

Edited by Keileon