Shinsei

Any Erador Lindwyrms available?

Hi, guys! :Last year was so stressful that I missed ALL of the DC events (starting with Valentine's Day), and now I'm trying to catch up.

I have the previous years' Valentine eggs, but I totally missed out on the Erador Lindwyrm (only re-started here yesterday, after the Holiday zone was closed)... Given that I've been gone for over a year, I don't have much to offer in trade, but...

Is there some way to work out a way to acquire a couple of Erador Lindwyrms? I see them (for about a nanosecond) very occasionally on the AP, but I've never been able to beat the bots at clicking on one.

I figure if some people are abandoning them, they might not mind giving a couple to a person who is trying to get back into DC?

Can anyone offer help and/or suggestions?

Thanks!

Keep an eye on the trading post - people post lots of AP-found Eradors there.  (If you don't have Eradors unlocked in the Encyclopedia yet, they won't show in the breed list on the trading area, so do your best to unlock them and then search for people looking to trade them.  Or see if this link works for you: Erador Public Trades)  If you have some cool things to trade (anything from CB hatchies to a neat valentine with alts in the lineage from the AP) then toss up a trade with "Wanted: any Erador" or "Wanted: 2G Erador" and see what you get.

Check the trading areas of the forums, too, especially the Holiday Trading thread.  It doesn't hurt to keep an eye on the "Take an Egg, Leave an Egg" page, either (https://dcrecords.tj09.net/leaveandtake - if you're not familiar with it).  You could also check out the various gifting threads on the forums, in case anybody might still have one to give away.

Edited by sorenna

23 hours ago, sorenna said:

Keep an eye on the trading post - people post lots of AP-found Eradors there.  (If you don't have Eradors unlocked in the Encyclopedia yet, they won't show in the breed list on the trading area, so do your best to unlock them and then search for people looking to trade them.

Wow, that must be something that was changed in the past year or so? I don't recall that kind of limitation in the Trades viewing area before. (That seems kind of harsh.) How do we unlock them? Find a scroll with several on it and click on them all? Is there a little guide that tells exactly what is needed to unlock a species?

Thank you for your kind help! I'll check out those links.

7 hours ago, Shinsei said:

Wow, that must be something that was changed in the past year or so? I don't recall that kind of limitation in the Trades viewing area before. (That seems kind of harsh.) How do we unlock them? Find a scroll with several on it and click on them all? Is there a little guide that tells exactly what is needed to unlock a species?

Thank you for your kind help! I'll check out those links.

I'm not sure when it happened!  I only just made the connection myself a few months ago, when I realized Obidar Wyrms weren't showing up on the trade list as an option, and asked someone on the forums whether the trade list was connected to the encyclopedia entry. 

The best ways I've found to unlock a species are

1-hang out on a couple hatchery sites and click a bunch of people's hatchies of that breed, and

2-check out the "Encyclopedia Helpers" thread on the forums, which is especially useful for things that are harder to find.

The Encyclopedia should tell you what you need to unlock a breed; just hover over the greyed-out image and it will say, e.g., "View 10 adults to unlock" or something along those lines.