TJ09

2021-02-17 - Abandoned Page Updates

Love this update, should solve the main issues people had with walls. Thanks!

Oh nnice!! Some of the things from the suggestion thread are coming true!

1 hour ago, Moriaty said:

waiit would that now make holiday-AP-made-neglects impossible now...?

I think so unfortunately. Managed to get some good things for the mass breed which cannot happen now. Ah well, I was really excited for that. Maybe I will try and grab one of the eggs I made with the intent of neglecting and have a go.

But, at least things people want are being done, so thats nice. I wonder how well it will work in the future. 

Aaaaahh awesome, this is some news I've been hoping for for a while! Thank you so much TJ and I can't wait to see how it works out :) Hopefully this helps cater to other peoples play styles ^_^

I really like being able to see a row of regular eggs beneath the holiday ones. :) Thanks TJ! 

Good stuff. I wasn't as concerned as some, but this might put an end to some annoyances !

I think this is a good change, but this should have been announced or communicated before coming into effect.

There are people who planned for weeks around being able to AP Neglect for Valentines. I wasn't able to participate, but it had some pretty extensive planning put behind it. People were being assigned times to breed for this Valentine's Day AP Neglect. The timing on this is just enough to kill the planning those people did for the Valentine's Day AP Neglect. 

The timing of this and how openly hostile TJ was about even talking about Neglected Dragons for years seems a bit on the nose. Again. I think this is a great change and will be a good compromise for those that wanted to stop seeing mass-breed walls. But why would this change happen right as the planning for the Valentine's Day AP Neglect would start to bear fruit? 

Oh well, what will be will be. I don't pretend to understand the mathematics/mechanics of it all, I just go with the flow but I'm disappointed there will be no AP neglected wall now. I never see anything anyone says to look out for in the AP but I'd joined in this time and with the timings, I was hoping to get lucky and maybe grab a couple myself.  Typical!!

I like it! It's a good start!

Would love to see it dialed down to 18 eggs but 24 is a very good start!

❤❤❤

4 minutes ago, snoesiepoes said:

ROFL, stop looking out for a ND wall, it's never gonna happen. In fact, chances of even seeing 1 ND in AP in your DC carreer is practically non-existing.

Whoever told you that, was playing a joke on you. In my 13 years on DC, the only times it would have been possible to get a ND from AP, is before teleport.

There were people organizing to allow NDs in the AP but it could only happen around holiday events because holiday dragons would always take priority on the AP over regular offerings. It wasn’t a lie. It happened last Christmas. 

57 minutes ago, Charu said:

I think this is a good change, but this should have been announced or communicated before coming into effect.

There are people who planned for weeks around being able to AP Neglect for Valentines. I wasn't able to participate, but it had some pretty extensive planning put behind it. People were being assigned times to breed for this Valentine's Day AP Neglect. The timing on this is just enough to kill the planning those people did for the Valentine's Day AP Neglect. 

The timing of this and how openly hostile TJ was about even talking about Neglected Dragons for years seems a bit on the nose. Again. I think this is a great change and will be a good compromise for those that wanted to stop seeing mass-breed walls. But why would this change happen right as the planning for the Valentine's Day AP Neglect would start to bear fruit? 

Whatever time had been chosen there would have been an outcry.

Chill :) 

I love hunting the abandoned page which means this change has been like a mini-holiday for me LOL.

I'm having so much fun grabbing eggs I know I still need! Love this idea.

Eh, it would have happened either now or after Halloween, because holiday walls are the fastest and easiest way to prove that the mechanic is working. But why wait another 8 and a half months with plenty of time for more single-breeder massbreedings (single breed, single type of lineage that x% of the players dislike) in between?

I like the change :)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

22 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Whatever time had been chosen there would have been an outcry.

Chill :) 

What would have been more reasonable?

A )“Hey guys. I’m gonna change the AP in like a week so maybe if you plan on using the Holiday priority to your advantage maybe don’t.”

B )An change that had not been hinted at, just made at the proper time to chin-kick something a size able group of people had planned for and cooperated to make happen. 

Expecting communication or a warning for something that changes the rules doesn’t mean I should “chill.” I was looking forward to the AP chaos and I missed on the Christmas NDs. I was hoping to maybe, stars aligning, get one. 

I find the normal egg row extremely irritating for the eyes when trying to concentrate on the holiday wall, but I guess thats just a question of getting used to it.

Since I didnt get an explanation to my question I will go with the one-row-of-eggs-for-those-that-dont-participate-in-the-event-reason for this change^^, cus its just very understandable.

While I support this when people are trying to create same-egg walls any other time of year, the holiday eggs is when I expect to see a wall of holiday eggs. It's literally the ONLY time of year these eggs can be bred, so they SHOULD fill the AP.

Why can't he create a holiday AP that only appears during the holidays, just like TJ created an extra page on the Cave for CB holiday catching?

If there's really a ton of people who don't want to participate in a holiday event, then that to me is the better solution than having a distracting row of eggs on the AP during holiday events.

It feels like the happiness of the majority has been sacrificed for the minority. The minority being people who don't want to participate in the holiday event, so they can now easily focus on the last row of eggs. While the majority now have to deal with a distracting row of eggs and makes it harder to snap up holiday eggs they want during the ONLY time they are breedable all year!

I think this "feature" makes sense for normal eggs that are available year-round. I don't think it makes sense for holiday eggs that are only available for a very short time.

Oh wonderful! I'm actually quite happy for the change, gives us all a change of pace ^.^

I like the change, but I do agree that more warning would have been nice. Communication is an ongoing issue with the site.

Thank you for finally giving us who are not massbreeders  a break.  I knew it was right to have faith in you.  :D

Oh I like this. I feel bad for the poor common eggs dying. Can't get them but will place as much as I can on click sites