TJ09

2021-02-17 - Abandoned Page Updates

"Visible eggs in the abandoned page are now limited to no more than 24 eggs per-abandoner."

Looks like it can help from seeing single-breed wall in AP. I think 24 is still big number tho.

9 minutes ago, sh20000sh said:

"Visible eggs in the abandoned page are now limited to no more than 24 eggs per-abandoner."

Looks like it can help from seeing single-breed wall in AP. I think 24 is still big number tho.

This is exactly the part that is most "wait and see." It's possible the number will lower in the future, but I didn't want to start off by being hyper-aggressive.

Just now, TJ09 said:

This is exactly the part that is most "wait and see." It's possible the number will lower in the future, but I didn't want to start off by being hyper-aggressive.

I agree with starting out slow and seeing how it goes. :)

Haha I was so confused for a few minutes when that bottom row disappeared! 

This is so awesome, thank you for this TJ!!! I'm desperately crossing my fingers that this will help with those long walls and there will be much less frustration and complaining. Yes 24 is still 'a lot' in some ways, but a full row of non-wall eggs should be enough to at least stop the 'I'm blocked from hunting' feelings. I hope. Crossing fingers. 

4 minutes ago, MessengerDragon said:

Row of normal eggs during holidays is lovely, thank you so much, TJ!

This! It's really refreshing! I always miss seeing non-event eggs during events. 

Also it seems like everyone's having fun snapping up the low-time eggs! It's like a mini-event all by itself. 

Thank you TJ!

I'm looking forward to finding out how this will affect everything. :) 

It's definitely great for all the non-holiday eggs we can save now!

Oh, awesome! I was looking at the AP when it changed and thought it was the end of the Valentine's eggs, so I was confused why there was no hatchling wall... then when I looked back and there were still valentine's eggs I just thought I was going insane. XD

5 minutes ago, Aqub said:

Oh, awesome! I was looking at the AP when it changed and thought it was the end of the Valentine's eggs, so I was confused why there was no hatchling wall... then when I looked back and there were still valentine's eggs I just thought I was going insane. XD

Same here! I almost posted something like 'wait did no one catch-hatch-abandon this year?' it was so strange. 

Oh nice! I'm not a big AP hunter myself, but I definitely prefer lots of variety when I do go pay a visit. This is the fairest solution, since I can keep hunting and mass breeders can keep mass breeding. Thanks TJ!

48 minutes ago, Terrafreaky said:

Man did this freak me out at first!!  I saw the new AP before seeing the announcement and had a moment of panic that the wall was ending. Even though I knew that couldn't  be true. :)

wait, so the Holiday eggs aren't at the end yet? It's just a new AP system? 

1 minute ago, Syiren said:

wait, so the Holiday eggs aren't at the end yet? It's just a new AP system? 

Yup! I just checked the pair I bred roughly an hour before the end of holiday breeding and there are still a good 20 hours left between the current AP time and the eggs I bred. We still have a ways to go!

When I first saw this, I thought the wall was ending already and was sad...until I found this post, heh.  I think this is a welcome change.  Especially since I ran out of time on breeding old valentines and ended up producing several normal eggs with the last of my valentines, that I kinda felt guilty about, because I thought they'd end up dying.  Now they have a chance, heh.

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yup! I just checked the pair I bred roughly an hour before the end of holiday breeding and there are still a good 20 hours left between the current AP time and the eggs I bred. We still have a ways to go!

oh phew~ I thought that was weird. I'm relieved. I was about to ask where the hatchling wall was. I tossed back several of the new eggs too, looking for good codes. I'm those will be scooped up quick though with any others. Thanks. you saved me from a freak out. ^_^;

Just now, VioletWhirlwind said:

Especially since I  ran out of time on breeding old valentines and ended up producing several normal eggs with the last of my valentines, that I kinda felt guilty about, because I thought they'd end up dying.

Same, I always feel so bad for any eggs still in the AP before the holidays hit. This is also good for anyone who doesn't particularly care for a certain holiday and doesn't want to participate in the event.

Today I learned that my eyes are usually drawn to the darkest eggs.  Also that I do a lot of hunting in the bottom row. So I will need to retrain myself to be a bit more flexible, which is always a good thing. 🤓

It's an interesting change. Could probably be really fun and helpful in the long run. A friend and I think it feels a bit awkward being on the bottom row though and wish it was the top row instead, but that could just be us. 🤷‍♀️

Very cool! I like the mix going in the AP right now. I look forward to seeing what else changes.

My English fails me here :P What exactly does "Visible eggs in the abandoned page are now limited to no more than 24 eggs per-abandoner." mean?

- Does it mean if a person massbred-abandoned lets say 30 eggs, only 24 will make it to the AP at the same time? But with 4 rows a 6 eggs is exactly 24. So there is a chance they are all bred by ONE person?

- Or does it mean if I myself pick, check and abandon eggs back to the AP I have the chance not to pick up the same egg again once I picked 24? Which would mean people are seeing different eggs, depending on what they already picked up?

Or is there another explanation that I just dont get?

EDIT: ONLY talking about the holiday eggs wall, not counting in the new last row of normal eggs!

So far the only change I experience is that it is now harder to focus on the holiday eggs and not let me get destractd by the row of normal ones lol.

But I still do not get what the point of that change is. (besides that people who are not into the holiday event are now able to adopt non-holiday eggs)

Edited by Kiwiana

2 minutes ago, Kiwiana said:

My English fails me here :P What exactly does "Visible eggs in the abandoned page are now limited to no more than 24 eggs per-abandoner." mean?

- Does it mean if a person massbred-abandoned lets say 30 eggs, only 24 will make it to the AP at the same time? But with 4 rows a 6 eggs is exactly 24. So there is a chance they are all bred by ONE person?

- Or does it mean if I myself pick, check and abandon eggs back to the AP I have the chance not to pick up the same egg again once I picked 24? Which would mean people are seeing different eggs, depending on what they already picked up?

Or is there another explanation that I just dont get?

There are 5 rows in the AP, so during non-holiday times it means that at the very least one full row will be non-massbred. I'm not actually clear either on whether the wording is meant as only *bred* from one person, or abandoned, but either way people won't be seeing different things. Just maybe if you pick up and abandon 30+ eggs very quickly, only 24 of those will be seen at once. 

There are 30 eggs in the AP. 6x5

5 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

There are 30 eggs in the AP. 6x5

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

There are 5 rows in the AP, so during non-holiday times it means that at the very least one full row will be non-massbred. I'm not actually clear either on whether the wording is meant as only *bred* from one person, or abandoned, but either way people won't be seeing different things. Just maybe if you pick up and abandon 30+ eggs very quickly, only 24 of those will be seen at once. 

I was already counting the new AP with 4 x 6 Holiday eggs (not the one row normal ones)^^

Edited by Kiwiana