TJ09

2021-02-17 - Abandoned Page Updates

Now that the bulk of the event season is over, it's time to get back into the swing of making changes. There's a number of things in the pipeline that will hopefully see the light of day in the coming months, but to start off with, I'd like to take a look at long-standing issues with the abandoned eggs page. I've said a bit in the past, and what I hinted at then has finally come to pass:

Visible eggs in the abandoned page are now limited to no more than 24 eggs per-abandoner. Similarly, event eggs (like the Valentine's eggs that are currently in play) are simultaneously valuable but also can get in the way of hunting for non-event eggs, and will be limited to 24 visible at a time. I think that this represents a good start—and if it turns out to be enough, a good end—but there may be more tweaks in the future, depending on how things play out. Only time will tell.

In the mean time, let us know how the changes feel.

Ooh, exciting update! Thanks! This should make things a little more fun in the AP.

Man did this freak me out at first!!  I saw the new AP before seeing the announcement and had a moment of panic that the wall was ending. Even though I knew that couldn't  be true. :)

Edited by Terrafreaky

To me, I feel neutral about this, for the time being. But I am curious how it'll affect massbreeds and walls in the future 👀 thanks for the update, TJ!

pleasantly surprised by the updates, and eager to see what's in store to the future :) 

I'm seeing the last two spaces on the bottom with the every day eggs as empty. Two eggs a short of row.

And now it's back to all Valentines.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

I rather like this decision. If nothing else, it’ll help unclog a lot of the holiday backlog quicker. We’ll see how it goes once the holiday log is out of the way and normal activity resumes, but I find it to be a welcome change. 

Though I think it may need a little attention, as the non-Valentines appear to have left the building. 

Looking forward to seeing how these changes work out! But unfortunately I think we uhh accidentally the AP

Currently the bottom row has just vanished and there's only four rows of the holiday eggs left.

I'm glad to see some improvements being tried!

I'm stumped by this part, though:
"Visible eggs in the abandoned page are now limited to no more than 24 eggs per-abandoner."
How will that help? Only 24 eggs are visible on the abandoned page at all now, so the whole page could still be filled with eggs by the same breeder?

Edited by tjekan

Just now, tjekan said:

I'm glad to see some improvements being tried!

I'm stumped by this part, though:
"Visible eggs in the abandoned page are now limited to no more than 24 eggs per-abandoner."
How will that help? Only 24 eggs are visible on the abandoned page at all anyway, so the whole page could still be filled with eggs by the same breeder?

There should be another row of eggs below the 24 Valentines right now. It appears to have wandered off. Once that’s been wrangled, there will be mostly eggs from the one person, while the other six slots are free to be from others. 

1 minute ago, animetriplicate said:

There should be another row of eggs below the 24 Valentines right now. It appears to have wandered off. Once that’s been wrangled, there will be mostly eggs from the one person, while the other six slots are free to be from others. 

Ohhhhh. I thought that was by design. If it's just a glitch, then sure. Might help at least a little.

tj you ate my eggs : (

in a couple of years (or just next halloween) this will probably be useful, but choosing now to do it is unintentionally funny as hell. gotta test it somehow i guess LOL