Kurenai

Gendered hatchie ungendering upon freezing

Hello everyone,

I haven't been here in a very, very long time, so please forgive me if this is not the right place to ask or if I missed an existing thread. :)

I just had a puzzling experience with a red nebula hatchie I caught from the AP. As you can see below, it still had four hours to go before maturing.

Since that was the only kind of nebula I had yet to freeze, I decided to do so immediately, but by the time I came back to look at something else, it had somehow gone back in time. 😆

I've never seen that glitch before. Is it a known bug? Or did I just unravel the mystery of time travel in Valkemare?

More importantly, is there any way to fix it?

Thank you!

ap.PNG

scroll.PNG

Edited by Kurenai

Did it un-gender when you froze it, or when you picked it up from the AP? It happens every so often when picking up a hatchling in the AP, maybe if it was Incubated before being abandoned or something, that when it hits the new scroll it reverts for a bit. Haven't seen it happen in awhile though. If it didn't un-gender until you actually froze it, though, that's a new bug!

That was when I froze it, yes. :) 

Or rather, after I froze it!

Edited by Kurenai

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

It happens every so often when picking up a hatchling in the AP, maybe if it was Incubated before being abandoned or something, that when it hits the new scroll it reverts for a bit.

Maybe it did this but this but it lagged? So the reversion was delayed, lamentably until when the hatchling was frozen. 

The game seems to be lagging to register grabs by a second or more, so yes, it could have reverted after you got it. I assume it was bred and possibly doesn't fit its lineage? Because things grow with slightly fewer views when someone breeds and keeps things themselves, but it loses this bonus once it hits someone else's scroll. So someone hatched it, saw it was the wrong color, and tossed it, and you are the first person to grab it after it was tossed.

(This also happens with cracked eggs sometimes.)