Shadowdrake

Labradorite BSA: Isolate

Prospective BSA idea since with cantors having one would be extremely helpful.

BSA: Isolate

Remove dragon-based effects from an egg.

- Flavor text suggestion

Your dragon temporarily isolates the egg, causing the effects of other dragons to fade away.

Since Labradorites absorb mana and live away from others, they can remove any lingering magical effects as well as isolate eggs from the physical influence of actions a dragon has taken on it. This ideally allows re-influencing, removing an incubate, and resetting Cantormaris dragons, all without relying on a second player (particularly helpful in the case of accidents with CB prizes, market dragons, and Cantors).

Possible option for programming; also remove the parental view bonus on bred eggs (as in the mechanic that makes it easier to raise self-bred eggs, not lineage deletion)

If there must be a drawback for reasons, then have them time-limited by age like influence or something.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Support. There's currently nothing you can do to fix markets/prizes which had received the wrong influence. Though I think that Cantormarises(?) may possibly lessen in demand as the breed gets older and become more common and easy to obtain, it's still useful to have the ability to undo a (likely minor) inconvenience if you accidently perform a BSA on it.

I can definitely see this being useful! Just one question, what's the parental view bonus? Are you referring to the dragon's lineage, or something else?

Definite support! With the addition of Cantos this is obvious on people's minds, but it could be very useful for other breeds as well. (It sounds weird, but I have actually had a few times where I wished I could remove an Incubate so an egg wouldn't hatch as soon.) Labradorites seem like a very good breed for this.

Support, would definitely be nice to bounce things that you can't trade.

1 hour ago, soullessheartofsteel said:

I can definitely see this being useful! Just one question, what's the parental view bonus? Are you referring to the dragon's lineage, or something else?

Things hatch/grow easier if they're on the scroll they were bred on. Or something like that.

Just now, Tinibree said:

Things hatch/grow easier if they're on the scroll they were bred on. Or something like that.

:0 do they??? I've never heard about this mechanic, and I guess I never noticed it on my own scroll.

But yeah, while I'm active on the forums and stuff, it's usually just for socialization and not for trading purposes, and an isolate/erase/nullify BSA would make it way easier for me to try certain things (like finally try to made an ND without a partner to catch it). The majority of users aren't on the forums, and it'll help them get the control over their scrolls that social players with partners currently enjoy.

I would love any kind of BSA wipe, honestly. I got a very special egg that I am now having anxious worries over because I influenced it the same gender as my favorite sprites in game, and I would love any chance to wipe (like on Market eggs, for example) Incubates, Influences, et al, without needing to communicate with others. I don't know why there's no option for this considering DC is not made to have communication within site, and it would free people from relying on others to clear mistakes.

Definitely support this!  It'd be a nice little quality-of-life update AND it fits well within the lore for labbies :)

Maybe, but I do not like the idea of the parents being disconnected from the egg in any way. That would be a total pain if I need to check the lineage for influencing the egg correctly, checking other offspring to see what breed I need, etc.

@dragongrrl this suggestion isn't suggesting it remove lineages because that would pretty much destroy the point of playing DC. Just the stat bonus an egg gets if you raise and keep it yourself, because it's an interesting lore touch.

2 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

@dragongrrl this suggestion isn't suggesting it remove lineages because that would pretty much destroy the point of playing DC. Just the stat bonus an egg gets if you raise and keep it yourself, because it's an interesting lore touch.

I guess the statement in the OP about removing the parental view needs some clarification.

12 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Possible option for programming; also remove the parental view bonus on bred eggs (as in the mechanic that makes it easier to raise self-bred eggs, not lineage deletion)

Why would I want that? Not every egg one breeds is slated for neglecting ...

Yes, please. I recall when a friend influenced their CB Prize wrong; they couldn't bounce their egg with anyone because of the trade-locking. Even if it's not on Labradorites, (though this is a well thought out reasoning for that BSA!) we definitely need it.

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Why would I want that? Not every egg one breeds is slated for neglecting ...

It's a trade-off for being able to fix an accident :p

Functionally, it's the exact same result you would get from bouncing an egg, and given by how few people notice it it's not that much of a difference anyway.

Edited by Shadowdrake

it is definetly a good idea and an useful BSA!

I wonder if maybe it could be called "cleanse" since it removes prior applied effects rather than preventing the egg from receiving them.

Why not?!

What is the effect on ward and bolt though?

How it interacts with Aeon? Only absorbs 'the color' from Cantomaris?

9 hours ago, Naruhina_94 said:

it is definetly a good idea and an useful BSA!

I wonder if maybe it could be called "cleanse" since it removes prior applied effects rather than preventing the egg from receiving them.

Calling it cleanse or (as per the original topic) nullify makes more sense to me [I saw isolate as the BSA name and thought it might have been a variant on the hide action]

That aside, this sounds like it could be useful for people who don't use the forums and/or play solo.

Though I do wonder how this would affect eggs whose resulting dragons are based on Time/BSA (so red/blue Xols, Cantormaris, Siyats to an extent, etc)

On these eggs, would it be a full reset (so red Xol turns blue again) or would there be some restrictions?

Leaning more towards support, but still on the fence

37 minutes ago, camelia2 said:

Why not?!

What is the effect on ward and bolt though?

How it interacts with Aeon? Only absorbs 'the color' from Cantomaris?

Bolt: that's hatchies only, and also the reason why I made this suggestion for eggs only.

Ward: What makes most sense is removing ward without being able to cast ward again to avoid Ward being overpowered. But that would suck, so I'm leaving it up to TJ to decide if Isolate has any effect.

Aeon: functionally, there is no effect with an aeon right now, other than color. An egg will still stay the same gender whether it was precogged or not.

14 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

On these eggs, would it be a full reset (so red Xol turns blue again) or would there be some restrictions?

Siyats are purely time-based. Isolate would have no effect on them because it's BSA removal only.

Red xols would turn blue again because they lose the incubate and regain time.

I picked "isolate" because it suits the dragon I suggested. "Nullify" works if it was a cassare, and "cleanse" might work if it were Mana only (or an amalthean), but Isolate is suggested to work on BSAs that don't use Mana, like Influence.

Edited by Shadowdrake

I like this, though I think I'd rather have it as a Nullify/Cassare BSA; it fits very well with their description and they're a fairly common (and basic Western type) breed that has been around a while and isn't particularly sought after, while Labradorites are much newer and are a rarer type (Easterns) though not rare in numbers. 

"Isolate" sounds to me like some version of fogging, i.e. preventing views, rather than removing anything from the egg. If it did end up a Labradorite BSA, maybe it could still be called "Nullify," or "Siphon" (after the description, which says they "are some of the most potent siphons of mana")? 

On 2/4/2021 at 10:27 AM, sorenna said:

I like this, though I think I'd rather have it as a Nullify/Cassare BSA; it fits very well with their description and they're a fairly common (and basic Western type) breed that has been around a while and isn't particularly sought after,

I agree with this. Cassare are a better fit.

Talk about cantors came up and I was reminded that they don't reset to pink even when ap'd, so there is currently literally no way to get a cantors to turn pink again once they're been affected so. Bsa pls?

Also in regards to rarity aeons and whites are not common despite their potentially useful bsas, so I think labs being not rare is good enough. Regarding dragon choice, as seen in the Nullify thread at least some bsas are not mana-based. If you'd rather it be on a cassare I recommend bumping that thread instead.

If there *must* be a drawback to, say, keep neglecteds rare 🙄 there can be a time limit like other BSAs, being unusable after 1, 2, or 3 days of life left.

Edited by Shadowdrake