ChangelingVora

Dragon Images Broken

So for a couple of days the images of my eggs and hatchlings were broken when posted in other forums on both my computer and my mobile device, mobile device using Safari and computer using Chrome. It fixed on my mobile after those couple of days, but it's still afflicting my computer. I made sure to log out of everything, reset all my security things, whitelist DC on my cookie blocker, cleared everything from my cookies and cache, made sure nothing else should get in their way, and reset my computer before logging back in. Even did the same to Edge, where they aren't working either. The images are still broken on my computer, though going to my scroll they are just fine. When talking with another DC user, they reported the same thing happening on all their forums and clicking websites where they couldn't see any of the images on any other site except DC and they also reported them being broken on both Chrome and Edge but not other browsers.

Edited by ChangelingVora
clarification

I don't post my dragons on other forums so I can't comment on that, but I have noticed the images breaking a lot more outside of DC itself, for instance when refreshing hatcheries. It's common for me to see a few broken images at the end of a hatchery page if my browser lags a bit, but in the past few days it's been a lot more and constant. Nothing has changed with my browser (Chrome) or computer (Windows 8.1). I let the page load completely, without even moving my mouse, but I get those little broken-image images anyways. 

image.png.c62ac65c16f1a93be8a46a746572e34c.png

This is how it looks for me on everything except Dragon Cave. It just stopped working on my mobile Safari again sometime today as well. I know it isn't on my end, though, since I've done the whole IT diagnostic on my computer, internet, software, and their settings, and people that aren't using Safari, Chrome, or Edge can see the images just fine.

Capture.PNG

All Dragon Cave images are broken for me on all other sites - but apparently only on my home Internet connection. Whether on my desktop or my cell phone using WiFi, the images are broken on all sites except the actual Dragon Cave itself. When I turn off WiFi on my phone though, the images load. See attached screenshots.

Did TJ possibly ban a block of IP's that included my Internet provider?

Desktop (broken):

20210217_BrokenImages_Desktop.jpg

Cell phone using WiFi / my ISP (broken):

20210217_BrokenImages_WiFi.jpg

Cell phone using mobile data (no problem):

20210217_WorkingImages_MobileData.jpg

Edited by Wubbo
Reordering and captioning images

Sounds like an add-on acting up - an adblocker or something ? Try your browser in safe mode ?

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Sounds like an add-on acting up - an adblocker or something ? Try your browser in safe mode ?

Good idea, but I get the same broken images on desktop and cell phone, if I'm using my home Internet connection. If I turn off WiFi and use mobile data, all the images load.

... in Chromium-based browsers. I just browsed to Egg Drop Soup in Firefox and Edge, and the dragon images loaded! In Opera or Chrome, they are broken. So, something about Chromium is the issue.

Edited by Wubbo

I have the same issues plus the eggs on the dragcave pages itself need sometimes a reload to be visible. Makes it difficult to hunt in the AP since I can't see most of the eggs in the beginning and only after several refreshes I see most of the eggs. But whenever there is a new variant in between which I haven't seen before, it's broken in the beginning.

I just did some more testing. I loaded a couple of hatchery web sites without my VPN running, and again with my VPN running (I use TorGuard). The Dragon Cave images worked (on desktop) when I used my VPN! When I turned the VPN off and reloaded the page, all of the images broke again. This behavior is very weird. See the grid below. What the heck could cause this? VPN allows the images to load on desktop, but not on mobile. Chromium-based browsers (Chrome, Opera) are broken on both desktop and mobile, but all other browsers (Edge, Firefox, Samsung) are fine. And the broken images only seem to be happening on my home Internet connection (AT&T gigabit fiber). Any ideas?

image.png.41de4b8f4f06984d7e00bc9a10dba558.png

Images only work in Chrome or Opera when I'm using my VPN software; over my bare Internet connection they all break:

image.thumb.png.4a49592b8c8b966b2f1d46ad975a0cd6.png

I'm experiencing the same issues, the eggs and hatchies don't load either on my phone or laptop. It started last night, I tried clearing cache and stuff but nothing works. I use Chrome on both my phone and laptop.

I've had this happen as well at least twice in the past. Every time it affects multiple devices, and when I tried turning off wifi and using my data they loaded fine on mobile. Eventually it ends up magically fixing itself so I still have no idea why it happens.

On 2/19/2021 at 3:34 PM, Wubbo said:

I just did some more testing. I loaded a couple of hatchery web sites without my VPN running, and again with my VPN running (I use TorGuard). The Dragon Cave images worked (on desktop) when I used my VPN! When I turned the VPN off and reloaded the page, all of the images broke again. This behavior is very weird. See the grid below. What the heck could cause this? VPN allows the images to load on desktop, but not on mobile. Chromium-based browsers (Chrome, Opera) are broken on both desktop and mobile, but all other browsers (Edge, Firefox, Samsung) are fine. And the broken images only seem to be happening on my home Internet connection (AT&T gigabit fiber). Any ideas?

image.png.41de4b8f4f06984d7e00bc9a10dba558.png

Images only work in Chrome or Opera when I'm using my VPN software; over my bare Internet connection they all break:

I'm on Opera on home ISP on a PC; no VPN - no problems. Also tried Chrome, Firefox, Pale Moon, Vivaldi and Brave. All are fine.

4 hours ago, MissK. said:

I've had this happen as well at least twice in the past. Every time it affects multiple devices, and when I tried turning off wifi and using my data they loaded fine on mobile. Eventually it ends up magically fixing itself so I still have no idea why it happens.

I suppose that could be the or a solution for this, at least it worked for me too, but in my case my connection went down for a couple of minutes but I didn't use my data, I waited till the connection restored itself and now everything's back to normal.

So, yes, I guess turning wifi off for a little bit and turn it back on might work. 

I believe I may have identified what is going wrong here and applied a fix. If people who were experiencing issues with images loading off of Dragon Cave could confirm (perhaps after clearing their cookies), that'd be great.

On 2/20/2021 at 10:19 PM, TJ09 said:

I believe I may have identified what is going wrong here and applied a fix. If people who were experiencing issues with images loading off of Dragon Cave could confirm (perhaps after clearing their cookies), that'd be great.

The most gentlemanly of gentlemen, @TJ09. Images are now loading for me on all platforms! Thank you!

Edit: FWIW, I didn't have to clear cookies. Others' results may vary.

Edited by Wubbo

Not sure about the earlier problems here, wasn't affected at all, but just went to update my dragons on aond, eds, valley sherwood and evina's and there are missing images or complete failure to load. I'm using Chrome on an LG Android phone.