CCatspaw

Element Compatibility vs Elemantal Affinity?

if there are 4 Element Groupings: Change, Creation, Destruction, and Neutral and there are 13 types of Elemental affinity this leaves 3 Elemental affinity not associated with any Elemental Groupings.

My confusion is where does Light, Dark, and Magi belong in the Elemental Groupings or are they Elemental Groupings in themselves individually??? 

Change - Air, Ice, Time

Creation - Earth, Life, Water

Destruction - Death, Fire, Lightning

Neutral

Edited by CCatspaw

Light, dark and Magi are the "generic" elements for creation, destruction and change, respectively. They belong like water, ice or fire do, but they're less narrow.

(Sorry for typing the same thing twice at the bottom, forum won't let me edit it)

Quote the Encyclopedia:

Creation

• Light—The “neutral” creation element.
  • Earth—Encompasses the ground itself, including rocks and sand, minerals and ores.
  • Life—Things affiliated with this element are distinctly attuned to living beings (such as flora and fauna).
  • Water—Fairly self-explanatory.

Destruction

• Dark—The “neutral” destruction element.
  • Lightning—Electricity and all of its destructive potential fall under this element.
  • Death—The opposite of life; also includes things unnaturally brought to life (e.g. undead).
  • Fire—Can be thought of as the elemental representation of heat.

Change

• Magi—The “neutral” change element.
  • Air—This element brings affinity with air, and wind.
  • Time—Perhaps the rarest element, it is exactly as it appears.
  • Ice—Ice and the change of physical state that surrounds it.

Finally, there is Balance—not quite an element so much as it is the lack thereof.

Light, dark and Magi are the "generic" elements for creation, change and balance, respectively. They belong like water, ice or fire do, but they're less narrow.

Edited by Shadowdrake
I'm sorry, it's 4 am, brain not good now. Rewrote things to go outside the box and fixed categories.