TJ09

2021-01-24 - January Dragon Release

4 minutes ago, DragonNeko said:

I'm sad new drops don't last for 24 hours anymore

Oh man, it hasn't done that in *years*. I remember all the complaining when the drops were that long! No thanks.  (edit: although I do remember a few 2020 drops that lasted close to that, those were surprises!)

The flood seemed to be about 15 hours this time, I feel like that's a good middle-point, I used to get up 8 hours after it started and old eggs were already mixed. 

I do think it'd be cool, because of the different time-zones and such, if there was a 2nd flood like 20 hours after release or something. Or maybe even a 2nd flood 2 days after, for the late-comers. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

2 minutes ago, DragonNeko said:

I'm sad new drops don't last for 24 hours anymore

I'm really disappointed too. I only have three of the new Cave egg so far, and use to be able to pick up at least 8 of an new egg before the drop stopped. I finally have space to hunt again, try to pick up one, and the Cave is all normal eggs. :(

4 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

I'm really disappointed too. I only have three of the new Cave egg so far, and use to be able to pick up at least 8 of an new egg before the drop stopped. I finally have space to hunt again, try to pick up one, and the Cave is all normal eggs. :(

Yes, people are anxious to get all the variations, but the variations may not even be linked to the biomes? We just don't know yet. And people were busy breeding mates for Valentine's Day dragons. I have eggs I traded for and caught that  I don't intend to abandon.

Just saw the release, but only usual eggs in the cave *sigh*, was  that really necessary to make them not last at least a day? Life is hard enough atm :(

17 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I do think it'd be cool, because of the different time-zones and such, if there was a 2nd flood like 20 hours after release or something. Or maybe even a 2nd flood 2 days after, for the late-comers. 

Well, it's a game

Games promote active players. 

What benefit would be for those who check regulary and play a lot? 

Yeah, I know not everybody can and different time zones etc. 

But this is a game ;)

Would be pointless if you remove "game" part and just give flood of eggs repeatidly ;)

Edited by Spirulina

1 minute ago, Spirulina said:

Well, it's a game

But this is a game ;)

Would be pointless if you remove "game" part ;)

Some of us play this game, because we have slow reflexes or slow connections or slow computers. We don't have the benefit of multi-tab tricks and fast internet to grab eggs. For that matter, dialup still exists.  So we choose Dragon Cave, because it's simple and easy to load.

Guessing at the breed name for these "lure" dragons. Between Canopy and Carina hmm... Maybe... Capital Dragons?

They could be eagle-like. Eagles are federal symbols in USA, and literally everywhere in Washington DC.

That could be a slick move by TJ - it's relevant to current times without being biased, politically. 

Or I could be reading way too much into this, like I often do.

The new eggs are still there, people. I know it's frustrating if old eggs mix in before you've gotten any, but I'm still seeing the new eggs at the 5-minute marks. You just have to be a little more careful of what you click, now, lol.

12 minutes ago, Spirulina said:

Well, it's a game

But this is a game ;)

Would be pointless if you remove "game" part and just give flood of eggs repeatidly ;)

It definitely increases competition and demand for new eggs. :rolleyes: Keeping more people on the site for longer. So definitely more activity going on.

23 minutes ago, Kiwiana said:

Just saw the release, but only usual eggs in the cave *sigh*, was  that really necessary to make them not last at least a day? Life is hard enough atm :(

Same here.

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

*silently judging you while holding her scroll*

Incubating will turn them black? I like the black. They look really odd in their gendered phase. More like doing pushups with oversized arms than flying.

Who said the female hybrid looked fierce? She looks like she's going for a headbutt like a sheep.

Judge all you want. What I do on my scroll makes me happy.😆

And we really don't know what color any of them will be on our scrolls until they've hatched (unless someone has an already EQ'd one).

And I did think she looked ready for a headbutt when I said she was fierce.

Edited by Jazeki

1 hour ago, MissK. said:

Interesting, where was it from? They seem to sort in the order of volcano-jungle-coast, and I incubated one volcano and one jungle, which both moved below all the others.

Jungle. It was at the bottom when caught, was incubated and is still there.

5 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Judge all you want. What I do on my scroll makes me happy.😆

And we really don't know what color any of them will be until they've hatched (unless someone has an already EQ'd one).

But they HAVE hatched....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

12 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

But they HAVE hatched....

TJ's all say "cave." I meant on people's scrolls. Right now, we're just assigning colors based on theories.

Edited by Jazeki
Clarification

Beautiful new eggs!! regarding the  new hybrid (2nd eggy) I bred my male Guardian + fem Royal Crimson & they bred a new eggy  very cute!! 😀 tps://dragcave.net/view/n/Blue+Clogz  good luck if your trying to breed this one 🐾🐉😀

34 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Oh, sorry. My brain was saying 'Naptime" and my body was saying, "No." All I could remember was reading that the female hybrid hatchie looked fierce. 

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Even odder - the S2 hatchlings seem to have 5 forms thus far, and all are female (not that that means anything.)

I'm only seeing four variants? What am I missing? 

Looks like it's time to say it again: People, please keep an eye on your eggs and don't add them to hatcheries too soon!! Already seeing a lot of sick eggs in the hatcheries.

5 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Oh, sorry. My brain was saying 'Naptime" and my body was saying, "No." All I could remember was reading that the female hybrid hatchie looked fierce. 

No worries! I was agreeing with you. :)

Both hybrid hatchies look pretty fierce. 

4 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Looks like it's time to say it again: People, please keep an eye on your eggs and don't add them to hatcheries too soon!! Already seeing a lot of sick eggs in the hatcheries.

They might be Warded.

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

TY for the advice,I won't put mine in hatcheries just yet then 😀

Just now, Jazeki said:

No worries! I was agreeing with you. :)

Both hybrid hatchies look pretty fierce. 

I like fierce looking dragons. Wonder if they'll still look fierce as adults. Both parents are rather laid-back looking dragons. 

Wait? Why is there a release in January? And with Valentine's so close? I wasn't prepared at all!

1 hour ago, Spirulina said:

Well, it's a game

But this is a game ;)

Since I'm probably one of the more active players on the site since I returned in November, this statement makes no sense to me. I am on the site randomly throughout the day, and since my sleep patterns went away in this past years, I'm on at odd hours during the night. I am here but there is no way I will ever have the speed I need to compete against those with faster reflexes.

I feel locked out and it is horribly frustrating.

Looking at the S2's it seems to me that if these are biome differentiated variants, the pink and orange ones seem more coast-like than the blue does.... anyone else see that or is it just me? 

Edited by Diggie

11 minutes ago, Diggie said:

Looking at the S2's it seems to me that if these are biome differentiated variants, the pink and orange ones seem more coast-like than the blue does.... anyone else see that or is it just me? 

The scheme are pretty similar except one is pink and one is orange, so it could be dimorphism for the coast biome only and one sprite each for the other 2 biomes? Makes sense but something still feels off