TJ09

2021-01-24 - January Dragon Release

10 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

I would assume that to be the case. Hybrids are usually only born of one particular pair of dragons [for fun, I tried that combo and got a Royal Blue]

That aside, I'm now up to 2 eggs from each biome and STILL no luck getting a hybrid 

Dang. Oh well.

Got my two eggs per biome. Now to incubate 3 of them, and see what happens.

I wonder if any of the fail breeds could also give the hybrid. Because guardian x royal crimson just gave me a guardian. So, i would have said it was the wrong pair if it hadn't already been proven. https://dragcave.net/lineage/WmLbD I realize most hybrids only have one pair. But we have a few (geodes and shallow water) that have more than one.

3 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

I wonder if any of the fail breeds could also give the hybrid. Because guardian x royal crimson just gave me a guardian. So, i would have said it was the wrong pair if it hadn't already been proven. https://dragcave.net/lineage/WmLbD I realize most hybrids only have one pair. But we have a few (geodes and shallow water) that have more than one.

Shallow Waters only have one pair from what I know of. (Unless I just never knew.

Two-fined Blunas have two possible breeding pairs though. 

It's always possible. We just gotta keep an eye out.

Did any try Guardian x Red dragon? 

7 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

That aside, I'm now up to 2 eggs from each biome and STILL no luck getting a hybrid 

I was quite successful (must be about 10 or so). Only 1 had no interest, only 1 had an RC egg I believe. They should drop in the AP a few days later :) 

4 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Shallow Waters only have one pair from what I know of. (Unless I just never knew.

Two-fined Blunas have two possible breeding pairs though. 

It's always possible. We just gotta keep an eye out.

Did any try Guardian x Red dragon? 

No hybrid from my testing.

3 breedings = 2 red and 1 guardian

3 minutes ago, lovecats99 said:

No hybrid from my testing.

3 breedings = 2 red and 1 guardian

Dang. To the fail pile then.

1 hour ago, Shokomon said:

Is it confirmed that Royal Blues don't work?

Attempted it several times. No hybrids. 

1 minute ago, Shokomon said:

Dang. To the fail pile then.

I notice that Guardians and Royal Crimsons have similar elemental affinities.

Guardian: Light/Neutral

Royal Crimson: Neutral

Both also only appear in the Volcano.

Other dragons I found which had somewhat similar characteristics were Black Truffles (neutral, all habitats) and Scimitar-Wyverns (neutral, Desert & Volcano)  but these guys didn't yield any hybrids. Maybe we have figured it all out?  I didn't manage to test Pinks out, however (neutral, all habitats), so maybe keep trying!

Woo, new release! Too bad I only had two slots open. XD  I got two from the jungle, I can't wait to see the adults.

So between Canopy and Carina? 🤔

I thought at first that they had a somewhat 'hypnotic' feel to them - the colors, spiral, seems to draw you attention - but I can't come up with a word fitting that context. With them chirping as hatchlings maybe their deal is actually a luring call or song, in which the word elements 'canta-' or 'canzone-' could possibly fit.

Unless the name is something starting with 'cap' in which I have no ideas yet.

11 hours ago, Whirlaway said:

The hybrid sorts between Nilia and Nocturne, I'm guessing Noble.

I have to agree with this name considering the new dragon's colour and origins.

Guardians = Blue, protective and loyal

Royal Crimson = Red, ruling and regal

'Noble' hybrid = Purple (a colour representing nobility/royalty), eggs are kinda protective, could be protective and ruling?

Thus, names could be: 'Noblity dragon', 'Noble dragon', 'Noble Guardian dragons', 'Noble Imperial' (based on imperial purple), etc.

1 hour ago, Ripan said:

So between Canopy and Carina? 🤔

I thought at first that they had a somewhat 'hypnotic' feel to them - the colors, spiral, seems to draw you attention - but I can't come up with a word fitting that context. With them chirping as hatchlings maybe their deal is actually a luring call or song, in which the word elements 'canta-' or 'canzone-' could possibly fit.

Unless the name is something starting with 'cap' in which I have no ideas yet.

I was going to say 'cunning' or 'charming' dragons but those aren't between N or R. 😅

Could 'Caret dragons' work? Relating to gems and their worth (financial value) or visual appeal.

@Jazeki Definitely contrasts with the lazy S2 Royal. :P

Spoiler

image.png.1456d2e5884348236a9ec45b3b660100.png

Edited by lovecats99

so three biomes and 4 varieties????-- that should be interesting *sighs*

and hard to get a complete set😒

thanks TJ!! :) 

every week when it would get to about thursday, i'd have to plan my eggs to make sure that i was unlocked before sunday.  it paid off this week!  i have 8 of the new cave eggs - m/f influenced pairs from each biome, and randomly my last pair precogged at m (coast) & f (volcano).  we'll see how things go.

i have some CB guardians and royal crimsons that hopefully will cooperate when i'm unlocked.

New eggs! And hybrids! 😃

What a time to find out I have no CB Royal Crimsons. 😑 But I'll just grab a couple from the Market when I'm no longer locked.

1 hour ago, lovecats99 said:

I didn't manage to test Pinks out, however (neutral, all habitats), so maybe keep trying!

I tried two guardian x pink pairs. One pink, one guardian.

Bred myself a pair from guardian x rc, then kept going till I ran out of crimsons, trying to send some to the AP. Ten new pairs, four refusals. No fertility but that seems like an awfully high fail rate.

Maybe cantus dragons. I'll probably give mine a silly name like Canoodle or Cantaloupe or something, regardless. 

ETA: The female hybrid looks fierce!

Edited by Jazeki

3 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

Or maybe Biome dependent? My thoughts were:

Blue = Coast [it's got water colors]

Orange = Jungle [jungle flower colors]

Black = Volcano [magma/ash colors]

Pink = Market (because market eggs don't truly have a biome)

No no no no. PLEASE nothing exclusive to the market.

10 hours ago, miaou said:

the biome egg is the "one [that] has many variants" - so could it be a variant for each biome where it's dropping, plus a 4th when an egg from any of those biomes is incubated? i know we already have a breed with that mechanic, but it's the first thing that came to mind to account for that behavior.

😧 I incubated every egg I had! Oh no...

incubating, hmm? since i don't incubate until 5d or 4d23-18h, maybe when my eggs get there, this will be known. :) 

Edited by trystan
edit

four different colours!! I wonder how they'll be determined. random maybe?