TJ09

2021-01-24 - January Dragon Release

thank you to tj for the release, and thank you to all the spriters for the beautiful work and for contributing your talents to the dc community. ❤❤❤ and a super big congrats to @Adrak for making it in cave! ❤ :D

OK - so at least four varieties.... Hm. To incubate or not...

wow new eggies before valentine ^^ thank you so much

1 hour ago, jerzeeshadow said:

I kinda feel sorry for the Royal Blue dragons.  They've been around longer, and haven't received any hybridability. (Is that a word?)🙁

Yeah, the Royal Blues needs some love.

40 minutes ago, Spirulina said:

And why four hybrids? 

Dimorphic adults and hatchies?

Dimorphic adults and NOT hatchies (one S1, one S2.) ?

*searches through trade*  A lot of unnamed hybrid parents or weirdly named parents. One Crimson is named Ketchup. 

I love them, and I'm really curious where this fourth variant of cave dragon would come from. For me at first glance it looks like the first 3 would be from each biome and the last one maybe an alt? But I'm rather curious if the black one wouldn't be an alt or incubate version, it looks so different from other 3.

And the hybrid hatchie looks so cute, looking at it color it's a nice mix of each parent :) And they, name, hmmm: Royal Crimson + Guardian = Royal Guardian ? What do you think? :D

Maybe it's dependent on time of day? Yellow for sunrise, blue for daytime, pink for sunset, and black for nighttime?

10 minutes ago, natli said:

Maybe it's dependent on time of day? Yellow for sunrise, blue for daytime, pink for sunset, and black for nighttime?

Or maybe Biome dependent? My thoughts were:

Blue = Coast [it's got water colors]

Orange = Jungle [jungle flower colors]

Black = Volcano [magma/ash colors]

Pink = Market (because market eggs don't truly have a biome)

We'll just have to wait and see...I've got one egg from each biome, and very uncooperative Guardians and Crimsons

2 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

Pink = Market (because market eggs don't truly have a biome)

That's an interesting idea! But also a serious drain on my resources... xD

Ooh, new release! Time to abandon my newly bred Val mates.

So many varients! Maybe they'll be like a wyvern version of the Lunar Heralds? Or Spinels if the extra varient ends up being only available by breeding?

YAY new eggs!

All my slots were available, so I got 2 of each biome plus 2 hybrids.

Thanks TJ and spriters :wub:

Guess it's 4 variants with no dimorphism after all. That's preferable to 3 normal variants and 3 alt variants, which would be kind of annoying to collect.

8 hours ago, miaou said:

the biome egg is the "one [that] has many variants" - so could it be a variant for each biome where it's dropping, plus a 4th when an egg from any of those biomes is incubated? i know we already have a breed with that mechanic, but it's the first thing that came to mind to account for that behavior.

Looks like this is the best theory so far if the 'incubated eggs change sort order' still applies.

If it does end up being true there's going to be a lot of people, even people who do read this thread, wondering why they all got the same variant. Lol. Maybe it's a Troll dragon.

NEW DRAGONS! NEW DRAGONS! NEW DRAGONS!

I wasn't expecting a January release, being inbetween the holiday and Valentine's events.

It's usually left alone.

In any case, NEW DERGS! And they be wyverns too! Jury's still out on the hybrid though... 

I wonder how to get it. 

I'm going to collect all the fail posts so that we know what didn't work.

Fail Hybrid Breedings:

Spoiler
10 hours ago, Stormfriend said:

Not Brutes and Hellfires. I’m gonna try Hellfire and Sandwaste.

10 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Tried brute with plated colossus, got a brute. I usually just wait until others figure it out, lol, but I'm excited!

edit: Also no to colossus/ash and colossus/guardian. maybe not brutes then.

10 hours ago, alyelle said:

I've tried Brute x Alcedine, Brute x Guardian, Brute x Fell and Brute x Siyat - no luck so far. :P

ETA - also no (so far) to Nexus x Bloodscale (random, but I was working purely off the colours of the adults there.)

10 hours ago, Stormfriend said:

Hellfire x Sandwaste = Sandwaste

Brute x Hellfire = Brute

Sand waste x Brute = Sandwaste

Hellfire x Plated Collossus = Plated Colossus

10 hours ago, EffervescentDaydream said:

Just tried a sandwaste x colossus pair, got another plated colossus. :c 

10 hours ago, Kiyoura said:

wow new egg drop!! I wasn't really prepared, ahaha...

Tried

Colossus...

x Hellfire = Hellfire

x Water Walker = Colossus

x Horse = Colossus

x Frilled = Colossus

x Anateran = Colossus

x Undine = Colossus

9 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Tried azure glacewing with siyat and plated colossus, nope. Tried Nexus with Split, Duotone, and Hooktalon, nope.

9 hours ago, casprrr said:

Ash x Brute = Ash

9 hours ago, Rinsie said:

Fell x Plated Colossus = Fell

Guardian x Plated Colossus = PC

Fell x Guardian = Fell

9 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I really wasn't expecting a January release. Beautiful eggs. Glad for another hybrid, but have no idea which dragons to try. I'm locked now anyway.

I had six slots available. Accidentally got 3 from jungle. Two from coast and only one from volcano. Will probably abandon one jungle tomorrow and try for another volcano. Going to bed now, as I am locked!

Brute x Guardian = Brute

9 hours ago, Sacred_DuskRose472 said:

was trying a lot of fell stuff but they're bozos and reject almost everything

Fell x Magma = Magma

9 hours ago, Honeypaw7 said:

thanks for the release! 😮

pairs I've tried (only once):

Guardian x Spirit Ward = Spirit Ward

Ash x Dorsal = Dorsal

Ash x Ridgewing = Ash

Brute x Diamondwing = Diamondwing

Brute x Dorsal = Brute

Ridgewing x Dorsal = Dorsal

Ridgewing x Plated = Plated

8 hours ago, naturalcyber said:

What if it's Stone? I tried a few, but only one egg each. All existing species

x Ash

x Aranoa 

x Amalthean

x Dorsal

x Fell

x Black Marrow

x Guardian

x Plated Colossus

x Nocturne

x Ridgewing

x Spirit Ward (had no egg at all, however)

x White (no egg produced)

37 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

I would assume that to be the case. Hybrids are usually only born of one particular pair of dragons [for fun, I tried that combo and got a Royal Blue]

That aside, I'm now up to 2 eggs from each biome and STILL no luck getting a hybrid 

1 minute ago, lovecats99 said:

No hybrid from my testing. 

3 breedings = 2 red and 1 guardian

Oh wait, someone figured it out already! ... Oh well.

Hybrid Breeding Success:

Spoiler
9 hours ago, Paintra said:

For everyone's knowledge, the other new egg is a hybrid! Guardian x Royal Crimson! :D

9 hours ago, Arcy said:

proof :3
image.png.46ddcbf6ad60325b6f4e42e425eaea99.png

i think this is the first hybrid i'm actually pretty excited about!

9 hours ago, Solaries said:

Thanks for this! I tried it and got the hybrid egg! 🤩

8 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

What the heck? Is the hybrid going to be rare? I just tried 3 guardian/royal crimson pairings, one was a refusal and the other two gave royal crimsons!

edit: complaining always works, lol, just bred a hybrid!

8 hours ago, gotw3 said:

Guardian and Royal Crimson! Just bred two pairs and got two hybrid eggs. :D Grabbed two of the new eggs from each biome, too, and hoping that the variants are along biome division lines and not other factors. ;u;

4 hours ago, jerzeeshadow said:

I kinda feel sorry for the Royal Blue dragons.  They've been around longer, and haven't received any hybridability. (Is that a word?)🙁

Is it confirmed that Royal Blues don't work?

Edited by Shokomon
adding more fails

10 minutes ago, Nine said:

Guess it's 4 variants with no dimorphism after all. That's preferable to 3 normal variants and 3 alt variants, which would be kind of annoying to collect.

Looks like this is the best theory so far if the 'incubated eggs change sort order' still applies.

If it does end up being true there's going to be a lot of people, even people who do read this thread, wondering why they all got the same variant. Lol. Maybe it's a Troll dragon.

LOL I guess I'll have six pink ones if the incubate theory is true.

15 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Is it confirmed that Royal Blues don't work?

I would assume that to be the case. Hybrids are usually only born of one particular pair of dragons [for fun, I tried that combo and got a Royal Blue]

That aside, I'm now up to 2 eggs from each biome and STILL no luck getting a hybrid

Edit: Finally got a pair of thr Hybrids! Also I finally figured out what their egg reminded me of. I get a Sea Emperor Leviathan egg from Subnautica vibe [think it's the wavey plate pattern doing it]

Edited by ShorahNagi

Just bred 18 2g new hybrids to the AP and a cheeky thuwed. :) So look out for these and many others in a few days if you want a release day-bred hybrid.

Otherwise, i'm egglocked with my two new eggs till some of my eggs hatch later today.

Edit:

Also, where is this guy's extra hatchie description? 😳

Spoiler

image.png.22138d798564e530b4a7ffcae8291e71.png

Edit 2:

Nevermind, some hybrids and other breeds seem to have the same S1 description. Example: Soulpeaces and Tinsels

Edited by lovecats99

Not digging the hybrid color combo--either would have gone better with the Royal Blue.  Though the poses do look nice together.

Edited by random_dragon_collector

Have two Volcano and one Jungle of breed C and bred one of the (Noble?) breed. Need to unlock before I can pick up more.

I have over 100 CBs of the Royal Crimsons, but I do need to get more Guardians. Always liked the combination, both the colors and the sprite poses, just never developed the checkers.

https://dragcave.net/progeny/Svva3

(Their new baby is fogged.) ❤️

Hm... I was ready for a new release, but the new breeds don't wow me - so far. But I'll reserve judgment until I've seen the adults.

Anyway, many thanks to everyone involved!

2 hours ago, blueeowyn said:

The hybrid may be difficult to get.  I have 2 CB of Guardian and 2 CB of Royal Crimson.  My first pair refused to go near each other.  The 2nd pair I used fertility on and got 1 egg.

Unless its a holiday or celestial you will only ever get one egg from a pair at a time.