TJ09

2021-01-24 - January Dragon Release

3 minutes ago, Paintra said:

For everyone's knowledge, the other new egg is a hybrid! Guardian x Royal Crimson! :D

Thanks for this! I tried it and got the hybrid egg! 🤩

The hybrid sorts between Nilia and Nocturne, I'm guessing Noble.

What the heck? Is the hybrid going to be rare? I just tried 3 guardian/royal crimson pairings, one was a refusal and the other two gave royal crimsons!

edit: complaining always works, lol, just bred a hybrid!

Edited by HeatherMarie

What if it's Stone? I tried a few, but only one egg each. All existing species

x Ash

x Aranoa 

x Amalthean

x Dorsal

x Fell

x Black Marrow

x Guardian

x Plated Colossus

x Nocturne

x Ridgewing

x Spirit Ward (had no egg at all, however)

x White (no egg produced)

Also, when I incubated the biome breed, all the incubated eggs moved underneath the unincubated ones. So, take that for what it's worth.

Thanks so much TJ for the new dragons can't wait to see them hatch and grow to beautiful majestic Creatures

Guardian and Royal Crimson! Just bred two pairs and got two hybrid eggs. :D Grabbed two of the new eggs from each biome, too, and hoping that the variants are along biome division lines and not other factors. ;u;

My birthday was on the 21st :) Happy birthday gift is nice! Happy birthday all Caps and Aquarians! 

Okay, two cave eggs, one hybrid, and one test-breed egg that is too good to abandon, I'm done for the night. Keeping a couple slots open for AP hunting, absolute hate having all slots taken with high-time eggs. Can't wait to see what the hatchies look like in the morning!

47 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

Also, when I incubated the biome breed, all the incubated eggs moved underneath the unincubated ones. So, take that for what it's worth.

the biome egg is the "one [that] has many variants" - so could it be a variant for each biome where it's dropping, plus a 4th when an egg from any of those biomes is incubated? i know we already have a breed with that mechanic, but it's the first thing that came to mind to account for that behavior.

56 minutes ago, gotw3 said:

Guardian and Royal Crimson! Just bred two pairs and got two hybrid eggs. :D Grabbed two of the new eggs from each biome, too, and hoping that the variants are along biome division lines and not other factors. ;u;

Ok...I've been away for a while, but how are you breeding with newly released eggs? 

Edit: Never mind. I'm an idiot.

Edited by Fatelaughs
I'm an idiot and mis read a post

I remember a Guardian hybrid in DR many years ago. Probably unrelated, but makes you wonder what happened to all those old, completed projects.

Hybrids are nice for underappreciated breeds. I've only raised 2 Royal Crimsons in the past seven years since their release, and that's a shame since they're great sprites. Guess I kind of forgot about them. Sure would be nice if the encyclopedia reminded us of egg descriptions...

Only finding eggs in like one biome at a time. Is this whack-a-mole or is it just my connection?

I was wondering why there were no eggs in the caves but big quantities of people waiting on the pages lol! I need to grab some from the cave now, what a nice surprise. Lucky I freed 6 egg spots today.

1 hour ago, Paintra said:

For everyone's knowledge, the other new egg is a hybrid! Guardian x Royal Crimson! :D

Thank you!!! You are lovely!!! hugs!! Awesome!!!

Maybe they're different by times of the day...Should be interesting to figure this out. 

6 minutes ago, shovedtbh said:

Maybe they're different by times of the day...Should be interesting to figure this out. 

The Cave eggs? The "Something about this egg seems to lure you in." seems a bit ominous.