TJ09

2021-01-24 - January Dragon Release

Wouldn't it be possible to reset any BSA action on the eggs by dumping them to the AP? But the obvious issue then is that we'd pretty much be back to ye olde ancient AP-style trading again if you're really insistent on having that particular egg for code reasons or whatever.

I have a cantomaris that I just caught from the AP. I have done nothing to it and I'll update what color it is when it hatches.

ETA: it hatched pink. 

Edited by Jazeki

10 minutes ago, Ripan said:

Wouldn't it be possible to reset any BSA action on the eggs by dumping them to the AP? But the obvious issue then is that we'd pretty much be back to ye olde ancient AP-style trading again if you're really insistent on having that particular egg for code reasons or whatever.

7 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

I have a cantomaris that I just caught from the AP. I have done nothing to it and I'll update what color it is when it hatches.

Fwiw from the 3 eggs I remember coming from ap and not being messed with, it was one red and two pink. This is a couple hours old so there could be more data points. Could be rng, bug, or action taken by original owner. Dont think we can know for sure until we can have actions taken on an egg and hatched without further action after being in ap, and seeing what they do. 

I definately think it Should reset them.

Edited by Tinibree

7 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

If new release dragons are coming through now, we should be seeing Nobleshield/Guardians/Royals eggs from release day come through, too.

Incidentally, I just hatched one caught from the AP that is completely untouched by any BSA (not even influence) and that one is pink.

All the sprites are so extremely beautiful!

I love the Cantomaris and I think the colouring mechanic is really cool! In fact the Cantomaris look like quetzalcoatl which is a lovely and underutilised body shape. The adults look so good, I love the colour choices on every single one of them, and the particle effects around them, it's wonderful art!

The Nobelshields are great too! They have such cool poses, and I think their hatchling sprites are really cute! The hatchlings push the "tiny horse" buttons in my brain, which is always exciting.

Edited by Mangrit

Cantormaria are pterosaur shaped uwu the precious pterosaur children have grown...

The noble shields are *chefs kiss* delightful ❤️ love their colors.

Wow these are all gorgeous 😍 I love both breeds they are fantastic thank you all involved with them, they are really amazing designs great additions to the cave :)

I'm getting sky whale vibes from the cantomaris. Love the particle effects on the sprite, they're really gorgeous and flowy. I think sophos/precog is my favorite, closely followed by itus/teleport. And does the iratus imply that dragons resent being hatched early? XD

The nobleshields are super cool, I love their giant tail hammers. Makes me think of something I could cut off in Monster Hunter lol.

I incubated all of mine, all turned red except one, it turned pink. And all different biomes. 

Wow! I LOVE the Nobleshield Dragon! So majestic! ❤️

And the Cantormaris are lovely, too.

Yey, they remind of Bettas, too, but that's not bad - I like Betta fishes. :D

Thak you for this release and congratulations to the spriters for getting their babies in the cave.

What are the feathery things floating around the Cantormaris supposed to be?

All of mine turned out pink regardless of biome. Maybe colors have something to do with hatch time or how much time tey have left when they hach?

Edit: Ah it's not that, oops!

Edited by Glaciarie

Wow the Nobleshield is much nicer than I expected, I wasn't too sure about the hatchlings but the colour looks amazing on the adult. And that tail design, very cool! The Cantormaris also look interesting, I think I like them? That pose is just very unexpected and it confused my eye a bit at first. Makes me wish we had dimorphism to see them from a different angle. There doesn't seem to be any hint of an explanation for their hatching behaviour in the description so far, but perhaps in the extra info?

I'm not huge on either Guardians or Royal Crimsons but wowee the hybrids are absolutely beautiful!!  And the cantormaria (plural confirmed by Infinis i believe on the unofficial discord :P ) are just stunning, definitely up there with venturis and blancblacks as my favorite in-cave breeds! ❤️  Phenomenal job by the spriters once again

3 minutes ago, MissK. said:

There doesn't seem to be any hint of an explanation for their hatching behaviour in the description so far, but perhaps in the extra info?

It kind of makes sense to me considering the adults lure people in with their singing?  'Its soft chirps capture your attention.' feels like it falls in line perfectly with that :0

Edited by Falorni

I really like the Cantormaris but I'm also very disapointed that the back and red Cantormaris is the Evil One. Very generic and stereotypical

Edited by Glaciarie

6 minutes ago, Falorni said:

It kind of makes sense to me considering the adults lure people in with their singing?  'Its soft chirps capture your attention.' feels like it falls in line perfectly with that :0

Oh sorry, I meant the hatching mechanism with the BSAs haha. Hatching and hatchling are too close!

2 minutes ago, MissK. said:

Oh sorry, I meant the hatching mechanism with the BSAs haha. Hatching and hatchling are too close!

ohh gotcha, that i can agree with! :D  Fun mechanic regardless though imo

15 minutes ago, Niyaka said:

What are the feathery things floating around the Cantormaris supposed to be?

Water and mana crystals

1 minute ago, crumbles said:

Cantormaris, is this word based on cantare (=singing) and mare (=sea)? 

Infinis posted this on the unofficial Discord, seems like you're right!

RU1Up4P.png

mods delete this n lmk if posting this is like. a faux pas or anything, this is my first time catching a new drop so I dont wanna overstep lol

Congrats! Love both new dragons! I don't mind Cantormaris being so busy, pixel art is amazing to me... they are complex, yet well distinguishable ♥️👌 
Thanks Spriters 

I love all of them!! They are AWESOME and thank you all fabulous spiriters that made this! ❤️

Is the Itus Cantormaris the first strictly multiplayer dragon? Can't think of anything else that's not obtainable solo. I'm glad the trading center exists now to help with that. Not sure if I hope teleport is the last in the BSA hierarchy or not, on one hand I'm wary of my swapped egg already being precogged, on the other hand it would be annoying to not be able to trade for any of the other morphs.

v Right, I forgot :P. So the hierarchy goes other user's actions < teleport < your actions? That's good.

Edited by cbussiere