TJ09

2021-01-24 - January Dragon Release

So I've got 5 which just hatched. These are the BSA used & results:

1. 3 incubated only - all 3 hatched red
  2. 1 incubated, then precogged - hatched blue
  3. 1 incubated, precogged, then influenced - hatched blue
Edited by jetaime

First set of hatchies: caught, influenced, then incubated - hatched red.

Next set should be hatching soon: these were teleported, incubated, then precogged. Will edit once I have a result. ^_^

Well at least it makes things a bit easier if influence doesn't wipe the slate, that way we can still make sure any colour genders correctly. But then from a lore standpoint it doesn't really make much sense that influence has no effect unlike any other BSA...this is all very weird. I'll hold off on forming an opinion until we learn more about the breed in case some things make more sense though. 

4 minutes ago, MissK. said:

Well at least it makes things a bit easier if influence doesn't wipe the slate, that way we can still make sure any colour genders correctly. But then from a lore standpoint it doesn't really make much sense that influence has no effect unlike any other BSA...this is all very weird. I'll hold off on forming an opinion until we learn more about the breed in case some things make more sense though. 

Influence doesn't involve using mana, just raising/lowering the temperature of the egg, and pinks themselves are neutral dragons

isn't incubation also just temperature? not that i'm particularly fussed about lore consistency

10 minutes ago, Kazeko said:

isn't incubation also just temperature? not that i'm particularly fussed about lore consistency

I assume reds use their fire mana. thinking about it, incubation would probably also affect gender, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms, .w."

14 minutes ago, Arcy said:

Influence doesn't involve using mana, just raising/lowering the temperature of the egg, and pinks themselves are neutral dragons

That's an interesting point, I also assumed it was just temperature based for incubate as well but either way pinks are the only breed with neutral affinity. That might explain the inconsistency at least.

Unsure if this information helps, but I incubated, warded, and used precognition on all of my eggs - only influencing about half - and I got all of the dark blue body/red mane/orange winged variant.

Also, trying to catch another batch, but the drop rate is pretty low. Definitely trying my best on the five minute drops. (ง'̀-'́)ง

My two incubated Jungle hatchlings are blue and black. The blue is precogged male and the black precogged female. No influences.

7 hours ago, gotw3 said:

You mean this one? 

~VIEW LINK REMOVED, PLEASE SEE THE RULES~

And you use precoc as last action? 

@Darth Krande if you precog after incubation it fits the pattern :)

Edited by Kaini

1 minute ago, Spirulina said:

You mean this one? 

https://dragcave.net/view/gVJON

And you use precoc as last action? 

@Darth Krande if you precog after incubation it fits the pattern :)

Yep, that color (although not gendered yet)! In this order, I incubated, warded, precog'd, then influenced (half of them).

I'm not sure which BSA causes this color, but whichever it is, it takes precedence over the others (or just came last). I haven't been paying too much attention to the color/BSA links (clearly, as I have all the same of one color for six hatchlings... RIP), so I'm not too sure, hah.

In which order are people using bsa on the eggs?

I think it is the last bsa you use will decide the color.
Some people results supports this.

incubate = red
precognition = blue

warding and influencing doesn't seem to do anything about color so far.

mine result:
- incubate - hatched red
- incubate , precognition - hatched blue
- influence, incubate, ward - hatched red

Just to add to the pile...

Traded egg, then influenced and incubated so basically did everything except ward to it. Last BSA was precog and hatched blue.

Went hunting to grab more of the eggs and ended up with a Dino for the first time in 5 years instead. Can't complain I suppose XD Still have no clue what to expect with mine hatching colour wise. I just want to know how it all works! 

Two of mine hatched. They were influenced, then incubated. They both came out red/black. I just traded a pair with a friend which i'm going to influence now. We'll see what happens. 

On 1/23/2021 at 11:24 PM, Stormfriend said:

Hellfire x Sandwaste = Sandwaste

Brute x Hellfire = Brute

Sand waste x Brute = Sandwaste

Hellfire x Plated Collossus = Plated Colossus

it's posted above what the cross is all. XD

Mine are all influenced, then incubated as I always do - all are dark red.

Sadly it seems they are really rare as I haven't even seen any in the 5 min drops when I checked during the last hour. *grumbles*

5 minutes ago, Astreya said:

Mine are all influenced, then incubated as I always do - all are dark red.

Sadly it seems they are really rare as I haven't even seen any in the 5 min drops when I checked during the last hour. *grumbles*

They're definitely there, I just saw one in the most recent 5 min interval drop. They just don't always appear straight away. Hopefully you can grab a few more! 

@Bambi

Thx! It seems I was very good in choosing the wrong of the three Biomes when hovering over one of the eggs - call it Murphy's Law. ^^

But I have discovered if I complain, then sometimes I suddenly get lucky, this thus I happened to be able to snatch one more of them. This will also be influenced + incubated, so that I have 4 CB pairs of the Red version for now. Now I "only" have to try and get 4 CB pairs of the other 3 versions for starters, until I will manage to complete my Scroll goal of them with 8 CB pairs of each version. *megasigh*

Edited by Astreya

Finally I got some.

2x from Coast: both precog'd, one influenced, both incubated afterwards (I AM STUPID!)

2x from Jungle: both incubated, both influenced, both precog'd afterwards (let's hop the theory about only the last BSA counting is correct!)

2x from Volcano: one from a trade, both influenced

So it seems as if I need another pair to complete one set and four pairs more to get the "2 CB pairs of each variant"-goal. :D

EDIT: I AM STUPID!

Wanted to incubate something else and incubated the new ones from coast... 😥

Thankfull not the ones from volcano!

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

9 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

The first batch is always a mess for new mechanics, but it's really not that complicated. It's just based on the final bsa you use on the egg, and once you have at least one hatchie or adult of each color it'll be easy to tell what egg you have cus of where it sorts.

I definitely agree that checking with changing the sort will be useful later, it's just right now it's a pain to ensure I have one of each color

After reading through, I've incubated 2 and precogged 2. Hope there'll be a help thread or something if we need to teleport for orange.

Welp, the idea of mana-sensitive dragons is a cool one, but right now this feels like a sorta overcomplicated way of implementing it. @_@

I suppose Caprice/Capricious dragon might be a fitting name with this in mind.

Edited by Ripan

3 hours ago, alyelle said:

First set of hatchies: caught, influenced, then incubated - hatched red.

Next set should be hatching soon: these were teleported, incubated, then precogged.

Update: that set has hatched blue. ^_^

I expect there'll be loads more results by the time my next set hatch, since none of those received influence, but for the sake of experimenting, they will be:

• one teleported, then influenced
  • one precogged only (done before I saw the theory that you could use multiple BSA's and that only the last would take effect
  • one caught and untouched

I'm assuming the precogged egg will go blue; the interesting bit will be seeing if the teleported egg is orange or pink, and what happens to the one I did nothing to.

Mine didn't hatch yet, so I took the chance to precog one (was influenced and incubated before). 2 are without any BSA, 3 are influenced/incubated.

Now with teleport - do you actually have to transfer or is it enough to use the teleport function and then cancel it?