TJ09

2021-01-24 - January Dragon Release

13 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

*checks the BSA list*

!!! 

I CAN USE WARD!

*wards an egg* 

32 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

Have someone tried the stun on hatchlings?

Somehow, I doubt either of these BSA's would affect the resulting dragon due to their purpose [Ward because it's simply a temporary space guard, and stun because once hatched- a hatchling is unchangeable (save being turned into a zombie/neglected)]

We'll just have to wait and see though as I don't think there's a lot of hatchlings yet

Oh wow, this is looking complicated! ..... Should I risk experimenting with my two? ..... Goodness. Kinda hoping people are wrong about the teleport, that one I think might be the most frustrating one if true. Wow, this is so interesting!

Precog'd my top egg and sure enough it dropped nearly to the bottom of my list...

My egg list in order is (I use breed sort)-

untouched egg

precog'd egg

traded egg

incubated egg

Prior to all the BSA's they sorted-

current precog'd egg

current traded egg

current incubated egg

current untouched egg

Edited by Diggie

If any BSA, such as Precog and Influence, affects the end result, I will be most displeased. I already influenced all of mine. None of them moved in their order, however, on default legacy sort.

Current order of my six eggs:

Influnced only

Influnced, then Precog'd

Influnced, then Precog'd

Teleported [traded to me]

Influenced, then Incubated

Influenced, then Incubated 

Timeline of what went on in the Mad Science Lab last night:

Spoiler

starting at 1 AM:

- egg SMASH! (earthquakes, 80% of eggs died)

- reveal incubated red hatchies and non-bsa/possibly influence pink hatchies

- hatchie is precogged and turns blue

- hatchie is put in a trade and turns orange

- hatchie is stunned and nothing happens

- we panic about how hard this mechanic will make hatchies to trade

- hatchies stop turning orange when put in trades and only turn orange on arrival

- we panic harder about how this makes trading for anything except orange hatchies impossible and ridiculous

- hatchies stop changing colors completely

- we panic and also start to plot since this means only eggs are supposed to change, probably

TL;DR

Spoiler

It looks like the final bsa affects the color of the future hatchie. If you've already done BSAs to it, you can still precog a pair that you've already influenced and incubated to get blue hatchies without having to trade around. Orange hatchies will be the hardest, since you can't precog, influence, or incubate an orange egg once you get it on your scroll.

Default hatchies are unknown; we have one recorded instance of a default pink hatchie (I think).

Edited by Shadowdrake

All of this does not really sound like fun to me. I will wait to see what the adults look like before I decide if it is worth messing around with the colors.

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

All of this does not really sound like fun to me. I will wait to see what the adults look like before I decide if it is worth messing around with the colors.

Yeah. I have one pair incubated and all are influenced, and I shall wait and see. If it's this much hassle, I'll just work on getting two of each colour bred or otherwise.

I'm not sure I like the idea of one variant being linked to Teleport, it just makes trading needlessly complicated.

Just now, purplehaze said:

I'm not sure how much I'll do either. If influence followed by incubate guarantees the red ones, I'll be happy with a flock of red dragons. :)

2 hours ago, Naruhina_94 said:

Have someone tried the stun on hatchlings?

that was my first thought when things started happening, did nothing. 

18 minutes ago, Isuzu said:

I'm not sure I like the idea of one variant being linked to Teleport, it just makes trading needlessly complicated.

That was my thought at first. But the more I think about it...the more I feel it's not going to be as bad as we suspect.

Easiest strategy for oranges that I can see is going to be trading same for same/ gender swap [hardest part here would be the lineage (ex. Orange went female, you need male orange from Orange Male x Albino Female)]

...I suppose here's where my habit of incubating, warding, precog-ing, then influencing where necessary will come back to bite me. ;; Everything I have has been hit with precognition, though only several have been influenced. With what's going on, it looks like I'll get two variants.

Ok, I have two eggs from the jungle, one was influenced then incubated and the other was incubated then influenced. (I didn't know about the possible mechanic when I did that, it just happened that way.) So I'll report when they hatch in 14 hours. 

In the spirit of experimentation, I have 2 eggs caught in coast up for trade. They were precog'ed and incubated. Anyone interested?

I've not touched my eggs at all. No incubation, influencing etc.. I'm so worried lol. And also very confused by everything everyone is saying. Seems like the way you sort your scroll can possibly change the order too.

52 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

my brain hurts, to be honest.

it does seem like an awful lot to think about for getting dragons.....

There's plenty Dragons. I don't want to cuz I have so little scroll alreadyThe link you sent is an image.

I've got the following experiments currently happening (all eggs from Jungle biome)

• one precogged (male) -> to test BSA
  • one precogged (male), influenced (female), precogged again -> to test for whether the most recent BSA has an effect on colour
  • two influenced (one male, one female), both incubated -> my standard procedure, done before I read that BSA's may have an effect.

I've also teleported two to a friend off-forum: both Coast biome, one influenced, one untouched.

i think i'm following along for the most part, but i'm also getting a little overwhelmed by all the info and theories. :3

so please forgive me if this has been covered, but does influence definitely affect the eggs? for example, if you influence an egg you received by teleport, does it switch position on your scroll? or might it be possible to use influence on teleported eggs and still get the orange variant?

edit: here's why i'm asking. there has to be a default/standard version that you get if no bsa is used. if the egg color is any indication, the default is probably pink. that would mean you can get pink without influence. so i'm wondering if there's evidence that influence overrides previously used bsa(s)?

Edited by miaou

The first batch is always a mess for new mechanics, but it's really not that complicated. It's just based on the final bsa you use on the egg, and once you have at least one hatchie or adult of each color it'll be easy to tell what egg you have cus of where it sorts.