TJ09

2021-01-24 - January Dragon Release

3 hours ago, Naruhina_94 said:

I agree with Vixendra. the last example of this was the Staterae egg, the new super rare CB egg that was available only in the very first hours of their relase...

On the other hand, it seems the Staterae was the ONLY one to appear for a while - and desperate people locked with them and wanting the others instead were VERY easy to trade with :)

I know this :lol:

1 hour ago, Suzan said:

The link you sent is an image. Got it. Thank you Miss Claw!

Yes I know. I can't link to the button for you, but I thought you would be able to SEE from the image,

Edited by Fuzzbucket

2 hours ago, FoxintheBox said:

I hope the colors of the CB dragon aren't random again 😫

Okay apparently nobody on forums EQed their things but in UOD last night we had 5 survivals, Incubated hatched red, unincubated hatched pink, non-biome dependent. But then the craziest thing happened,

Spoiler

someone precogged one of theirs and it changed colors. Then someone else tossed one in a teleport and it changed. Time passed and then putting hatchies in teleports stopped turning them until accepted, and then precog stopped working, and then teleport entirely stopped changing colors. Presumably, hatchie colors have been locked because trading hatchies would've been terrible lol. Since then lots of egg-sorting testing has been done and we're at least 80% sure its whatever bsa you used last. So, if you need to bounce some bsa's off before they hatch, go for it.
Red/black - incubate
pink - influence/base color (assumed)

blue - precog

orange - teleport
This does mean you can't incubate for orange. And its technically all speculation but. Might as well, right?

12 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

Okay apparently nobody on forums EQed their things but in UOD last night we had 5 survivals, Incubated hatched red, unincubated hatched pink, non-biome dependent. But then the craziest thing happened,

Hide contents

Oh my.... 

Told biome relating would be too easy 🤣

Okay yeah nevermind, this is even more convoluted than I expected lmao.

35 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

Reveal hidden contents

someone precogged one of theirs and it changed colors. Then someone else tossed one in a teleport and it changed. Time passed and then putting hatchies in teleports stopped turning them until accepted, and then precog stopped working, and then teleport entirely stopped changing colors. Presumably, hatchie colors have been locked because trading hatchies would've been terrible lol. Since then lots of egg-sorting testing has been done and we're at least 80% sure its whatever bsa you used last. So, if you need to bounce some bsa's off before they hatch, go for it.
Red/black - incubate

blue - precog

orange - teleport
This does mean you can't incubate for orange. And its technically all speculation but. Might as well, right?

Interesting.... I guess now it makes perfect sense why my eggs were switching order on my scroll while I was influencing and incubating them. I was definitely a bit confused, but didn't put too much thought into it and kept going. Kinda wish I had of seen this sooner now. Oh well. xD

For anyone wondering, i can confirm that two eggs on my scroll moved when I precogged them. I've checked against my action log and they're in different spots from where they were before.

... I am *so* curious about this breed, now! 

Same, I precogged 2 and influenced 2 and they ended up moving around...I get the feeling there will be a lot of gender swap trades with these guys.

48 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

Reveal hidden contents

Red/black - incubate

blue - precog

orange - teleport

Okay, I'll risk it. I caught three pairs of these on release night, one pair from each biome. I influenced all of them as soon as I caught them, because that's how I play. 

Spoiler

Just now, I went and incubated one pair, precogged one pair, and left one pair alone. They did not move positions on my scroll.

So now we wait and see how they hatch...

Mannn.  Having to precog in order to switch colors seems like such a waste of a precog.  😕  I only have two Aeon Wyverns and waiting for their cooldown is already annoying enough.

I did a bit of testing and...

I don't know if influence affects the colour. When I incubated, then influenced an egg, it stayed with the other incubated eggs. But when I precogged a previously incubated egg, it moved to be with my other precogged egg.

For the same reason, I don't think using teleport on an egg, but deleting the trade works either, since doing so didn't affect the egg's position on my scroll. They might actually have to leave your scroll for it to work.

I also tried ward, because why not? No effect.

I should note that I am using breed sort.

Edited by Mnkn10

41 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

@Tinibree Do the teleported ones have to leave your scroll, or could you just cancel a teleport and the orange color will stick?

At first it was that canceling would stick it, but it was changed that it Has to be teleported.

1 minute ago, Rusty Chevrolet said:

Okay, I'll risk it. I caught three pairs of these on release night, one pair from each biome. I influenced all of them as soon as I caught them, because that's how I play. 

Reveal hidden contents

Just now, I went and incubated one pair, precogged one pair, and left one pair alone. They did not move positions on my scroll.

So now we wait and see how they hatch...

I do not remember the order of them but they were swapping to be with same bsa use last night.

In my case, I never noticed them changing their sort. I incubated them all, but the row they were listed, remained the same...

I precog'd and influenced some of mine, but they didn't move on my scroll.

I have mine set to custom sort, if that's a factor.

15 minutes ago, Aurora-Silver said:

In my case, I never noticed them changing their sort. I incubated them all, but the row they were listed, remained the same...

Because you incubated all ;)

@Tinibree it apply to the LAST used bsa? 

So to make pair of reds we need to influence first then incubate? 

For blues incubate influence (to avoid gender lotto) and then precog?

Works on eggs and fresh hatchies (how long from hatching?) or only eggs? 

Big thank you to all who experimented and share their results! 

Edited by Spirulina

1 minute ago, Spirulina said:

Because you incubated all ;)

@Tinibree it apply to the LAST used bsa? 

So to make pair of reds we need to influence first then incubate? 

For blues incubate influence (to avoid gender lotto) and then precog?

Yep you've got it. Pink/influence is a bit more up in the air, but the rest have been tested enough that we're fairly sure of it. Last bsa is the important part, which is why orange is hard lol.

1 minute ago, Tinibree said:

Yep you've got it. Pink/influence is a bit more up in the air, but the rest have been tested enough that we're fairly sure of it. Last bsa is the important part, which is why orange is hard lol.

Thank you!!! 

It will be so much trading 🤣

Alright - so earlier in the day I influenced all my pairs. The two I precog'd said they would be the gender I influenced them (so hopefully influence doesn't affect the color and just means they're the default color).

And after some thought, opted to trade off one of my influence-only eggs for another egg...

With luck, if the current theory holds true that "last BSA used = color" I will have:

2 black

2 blue

1 pink

1 orange

When they hatch. Which is a cool mechanic...except looks like people might be playing gender lottery with orange [thank heavens for the trade hub though]

Edited by ShorahNagi
Different egg set

So, wait.

Are we saying these guys are BSA BASED VARIANTS????

I gotta try it on my unhatched eggs! 

HERE WE GO.

At this point, 3 eggs are untouched, 3 eggs are incubated. Both groups have 1 egg from each biome. I was assuming incubate was the game changer outside of biomes. 

I will leave 1 in each group untouched (outside of incubate). 

Current Status

• Untouched: 
  • Spoiler

Ujpeo

(Ujpeo)

Biome: Coast

Vq8hp

(Vq8hp)

Biome: Jungle

bj616

(bj616)

Biome: Volcano

• Incubated: 
  • Spoiler
    cu8nO (cu8nO)   Biome: Coast      
    fc1Xv (fc1Xv)   Biome: Jungle      
    85nYb (85nYb)   Biome: Volcano      

Current Plan:

• Use precognition 1 egg (untouched).
  • Influence the other egg (incubated) in different biome to opposite gender. (to exclude biome influence).
  • Exchange 1 egg (untouched) with another same-species egg in same biome via teleport. 
  • Leave 1 untouched egg as is.
  • Leave 1 incubated egg as is.

That leaves me with 1 incubated egg I can experiment with...

Too bad I can't risk "earthquake"-ing any of them...

Bite will just kill them or make them a vampire...

Stun? 

Wait, no. That only works on hatchlings.

All other BSA's I can think of don't affect eggs...

Edited by Shokomon
adding biome for records; plan edits

12 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

Which is a cool mechanic...except looks like people might be playing gender lottery with orange [thank heavens for the trade hub though]

Well, you need a friend, check for gender first and then exchange certain eggs via teleport to obtain genderknown oranges ;)

I have not used any BSA on any of the new eggs, So we can use them as a base/control ^^ This will be cool if the colours are tied to the BSAs!

1 hour ago, Shokomon said:

So, wait.

Are we saying these guys are BSA BASED VARIANTS????

I gotta try it on my unhatched eggs! 

HERE WE GO.

At this point, 3 eggs are untouched, 3 eggs are incubated. Both groups have 1 egg from each biome. I was assuming incubate was the game changer outside of biomes. 

I will leave 1 in each group untouched (outside of incubate). 

Current Status

• Untouched: 
  •   Hide contents

Vq8hp

(Vq8hp)

Biome: Jungle

• Incubated: 
  •   Hide contents
    85nYb (85nYb)   Biome: Volcano (incubated)    
  • Precog'd:
  •   Hide contents

Ujpeo

(Ujpeo)

Biome: Coast

(Precog M)    
  • Influenced:
  •   Hide contents
    fc1Xv (fc1Xv)   Biome: Jungle   (Incubated) (Influence F)
  • Teleported:
  •   Hide contents
    IAIYM (IAIYM) Egg Biome: Volcano (teleported) 

(Trade from BaoziPanda. Thanks!)

• Warded
  • Spoiler
    cu8nO (cu8nO)   Biome: Coast (incubated)    

Current Plan:

• Use precognition 1 egg (untouched).
  • Influence the other egg (incubated) in different biome to opposite gender. (to exclude biome influence).
  • Exchange 1 egg (untouched) with another same-species egg in same biome via teleport. 
  • Leave 1 untouched egg as is.
  • Leave 1 incubated egg as is.

That leaves me with 1 incubated egg I can experiment with...

Too bad I can't risk "earthquake"-ing any of them...

Bite will just kill them or make them a vampire...

Stun? 

Wait, no. That only works on hatchlings.

All other BSA's I can think of don't affect eggs...

And done... 

Let's see what happens!

Any suggestions on what I should do with my last incubated egg?

Edit: Got a trade via teleport!

Edit 2: Adding Proof and Sorting Status:

Spoiler
  • Proof:
  • 1512462564_DragonCave-NewBreedingMechanicTestProof2020-01-25.thumb.png.dab7eb37eb276b1b1fbf1c457b54332f.png
  • Normal Sorting:
  • 2068748473_DragonCave-NewBreedingMechanicDefaultSort2020-01-25.thumb.png.0c06cbf48c29d6afb03246e7fe73114c.png
  • Breed Sort:
  • 634081561_DragonCave-NewBreedingMechanicBreedSort2020-01-25.thumb.png.4e6d3d62bfb8e14b6f23504bb522e611.png

So there are some changes.

But the incubated people stayed where they are. Maybe incubate trumps the others?

Edited by Shokomon
Figured out what to do with the last one

*checks the BSA list*

!!! 

I CAN USE WARD!

*wards an egg*