TJ09

2021-01-24 - January Dragon Release

3 hours ago, LostFate said:

What kind of scroll sort do you use?

I use "breed" sort, with eggs and hatchlings on top. But, to check how they sorted, I scrapped that and just used "breed" to see where under Canopy dragons they fell.

If theory with incubating is the right one ... well, I incubated all 8 eggs 😔

I influenced and incubated and they rearranged themselves. Did both at the same time so I don't know which one made them move.

1 hour ago, Nakeisha said:

It may be a glitch (I do hope so) but I have just spent half an hour hunting in the Jungle and not a single new egg has appeared. I know in the past there has been this kind of glitch with TJ fixes, I am keeping everything crossed that this will be another one and that the eggs aren't uncommon/rare.

And for the record I too miss the 24 hour constant drops of only new eggs.

I don't ever remember these existing.

41 minutes ago, quinney said:

Don't know if we've moved on from this but I incubated an egg from the coast earlier and it's still in the same place on my scroll.

Likewise - just caught another, incubate and it didn't budge,.

Crap I missed this yesterday! Can someone tell me were to find them please?

WB

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

That's a big pile of guano. I'm pretty sure with >10k dragons I can consider myself quite active, but people have to SLEEP and LIVE THEIR LIFE every now and then.

There should be proper floods for 24 hours - at least a fresh flood of new eggs maybe every 3 hours or so after the first has subsided.

It won't stop being a game just because it accomodates its player diversity a little better.

And even more guano. Not every game means competition. Sometimes, game just means RELAXING and NOT having to get up at crazy times just to check for a POSSIBLE NEW RELEASE.

Not everyone gets to stay at home and be bored.

As for so relaxed person you sound quite offensive. 

But that's your opinion, you have all rights to think different than me

For me quantity of dragons means you're here for long time. There are scrolls with huge numbers inactive for years. 

Active player means someone who plays often, check site often.

If you don't want to check at crazy time it's yours choice. As every choice it has certain sequence, in that case - you're missing beginning of new release. Simple. 

Should I demand new releases on mondays when I have free evening opposite to weekends when I'm ussually at the barn without any internet connection? There are certainly people who'd prefer to have release on wednesdays. Or thursdays. So maybe initial flood should last whole week? 

Or just everybody should be gifted with full set of new dragons? 

DC is competitive. At least at major part. 

You compete every time you try to click gold one before everybody else in the cave. 

Of course there's also beautifull "community part" which I love, where people help each other and work together. 

And I feel sorry new release instead of fun brings people frustration. Although I still don't believe increasing flood time would do the work. 

About influence/incubation thing

What if unicubated / unifluenced dragons are those pink ones - similiar to egg colours, and they change only if you do incubate or influence them? 

Always wonder if people who knows how it works keep looking at our quesswork and place bets how fast we figure it out ;)

9 minutes ago, Wiz said:

I influenced and incubated and they rearranged themselves. Did both at the same time so I don't know which one made them move.

I haven't read all the discussion about BSA able to change the final color but...

What if....

influence the egg female -> pink adult

Influence the egg male -> blue adult

Incubate-> red adult

Precognition -> yellow adult

Could it be? And if u performed more than 1 BSA it's either first one or last one that prevailes.

Edited by Naruhina_94

18 minutes ago, Spirulina said:

As for so relaxed person you sound quite offensive. 

But that's your opinion, you have all rights to think different than me

For me quantity of dragons means you're here for long time. There are scrolls with huge numbers inactive for years. 

Active player means someone who plays often, check site often.

If you don't want to check at crazy time it's yours choice. As every choice it has certain sequence, in that case - you're missing beginning of new release. Simple. 

Should I demand new releases on mondays when I have free evening opposite to weekends when I'm ussually at the barn without any internet connection? There are certainly people who'd prefer to have release on wednesdays. Or thursdays. So maybe initial flood should last whole week? 

Or just everybody should be gifted with full set of new dragons? 

DC is competitive. At least at major part. 

You compete every time you try to click gold one before everybody else in the cave. 

Of course there's also beautifull "community part" which I love, where people help each other and work together. 

And I feel sorry new release instead of fun brings people frustration. Although I still don't believe increasing flood time would do the work. 

About influence/incubation thing

What if unicubated / unifluenced dragons are those pink ones - similiar to egg colours, and they change only if you do incubate or influence them? 

Always wonder if people who knows how it works keep looking at our quesswork and place bets how fast we figure it out ;)

You've been here less than a year. Ruby eyes is a long time member who is definitely on everyday and visible all over the fourm. Also, generally very nice. Maybe try making friends instead of telling people that have been with the site for over a decade that they don't know how the game works. 

Plot twist: incubation does have effect, that's how you get the biome colors. Non incubated eggs stay the default (most likely pink like the egg).

23 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Is it possible that it was just the last one in the sort? They sort as volcano-jungle-coast and incubated ones show underneath those. Has anyone tried incubating a coast egg that had other coast eggs underneath it in the original sort?

12 minutes ago, MissK. said:

They sort as volcano-jungle-coast and incubated ones show underneath those.

Do they? Mine (scroll orded by breed with eggs/hatchlings on top) are current sorted:

Jungle, Coast, Volcano, Coast, Jungle, Volcano

*they have not moved since I got them and are influenced (one male and one female for each biome) but not incubated

Oh I see! Mine sorted that way, maybe by chance, so I assumed they were meant to. Perhaps only the incubated ones show below them all then...? My two incubated eggs definitely moved to underneath all the others.

10 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Plot twist: incubation does have effect, that's how you get the biome colors. Non incubated eggs stay the default (most likely pink like the egg).

i was wondering the same thing! when you put it that way - matching the egg colors to the colors of one of the hatchlings - this speculation makes sense to me... :3

4 hours ago, VixenDra said:

well said

it's a long-term game, not a contest/competition with 1st, 2nd or whatever place, and varous people start hours ahead or later than someone else and it's not about who will catch one of their own first-first, an egg caught in the first hour of the release is no better than someone's who caught theirs 4h later, it will just have a chance to hatch a bit sooner but it's not a winner vs looser thing, the first catcher's egg doesn't influence my dragon caught 6h later in the end. And goals are varied, yes. I'm done with mine but someone else from earlier hours may be missing 8 each and another 999 of each  - just because their goal is different than mine but my finished goal doesn't influence them unlike with a competition/contest. And it's not fair that a someone with a job and unmatching timezone didn't even have a chance to catch theirs during the exclusive flood when it's easiest but others could try that just because they are somewhere else or have better workhours or no job like myself right now. It's not one's fault or achievement to be able to be there or not (speaking of anyone checking the site anytime during the release day ofc.)

I finished my zombie goal, does that mean that everyone else who's still working on theirs lost to me? nope. Because DC is not a contest.

No. it IS possible to do that, just make it 24h straight and it's achieved!

I'm usually anytime between 6-12h in when I'm jobless, when I have a regularly scheduled job and the release happens on Monday, I just can't possibly be there to hunt, not all jobs/workplaces allow mobile phone use and not everyone has a phone that's modern enough and mobile internet access in their offer... timezone shouldn't rule anyone out.

Thank you to you, Tinibree and Ruby Eyes as well for your kind and understanding words. I was there for the initial flood, that's the best way for me to catch them. I caught three then, just think the twenty four hour flood is the best way to get everyone involved.

This narrow limit at the beginning of a drop just isn't the best set-up I've seen within the game. When the very loyal player base gets too frustrated with the game, it's the game that loses.

Edited by dragongrrl
Add thanks to a member

30 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

The term is OFFENDED.

I'm sorry if you felt offended didn't mean anything wrong although find your opinion about my opinion quite offensive. 

Maybe it's because english is not my first language I sounded harsh.

Just wanted to express my thoughts about all fuss on too long/too short/ too simple/ too complicated releases, without underestimating anyone else thoughts. Guess better avoid this on future

@DragonLady86 wow, such condescending and passive-aggressive statement ;)

@miaou

Mine before incubation, sorted just in default timerelated order. Coast, jungle, volcano, jungle

After incubating oldest coast , it moved down the list (sorting by breed) but incubating all put them in previous order c, j, v, j

Like incubating changed sth but in the same way for every biome. 

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I don't ever remember these existing.

There have been sort of 'floods' in the past, but that was usually with eggs that were going to be extremely common, imo. 

I had to kind of smile reading these threads, because if there's one thing that doesn't change about DC, it's the complaints about releases and the clamouring to have the eggs drop at a certain rate. 

Usually the drops are related to how rare the dragon is, from what I've noticed. Something that floods the page for a good day or so is probably going to be something you refresh over in annoyance in a few months. 

To get back to the incubate discussion, I incubated one egg and it didn't move at all. I'm sort of sitting on my hands telling myself to be patient with this first batch - I dislike the idea that it'll take another two days to hatch, but I don't want to risk them all being the same colour. 

33 minutes ago, miaou said:

i was wondering the same thing! when you put it that way - matching the egg colors to the colors of one of the hatchlings - this speculation makes sense to me... :3

Ah--this makes a lot of sense!  Pink, non-incubated; biome colors, incubated.

2 hours ago, miaou said:

Theoretically it could be possible that pink is the variant for unincubated. Although the egg behavior seemed to imply 3 ordered variants for unincubated, with incubated eggs not appearing to hold an order outside of just sorting to the bottom. Suppose two people with plenty of Magis and Reds could incubate and toss eggs back and forth to get a better idea.

If in the end the incubate-theory is backwards when stuff starts hatching, it's an easy enough fix I guess. I'm just glad the person on the second (or third?) page mentioned this behavior near the start, because I probably wouldn't have thought to check.

Testing the above theories - I just incubated another volcano egg, and now my incubated eggs sort as volcano-jungle-volcano. So I guess both pre- and post-incubate eggs sort based on time and not by biome...that doesn't tell us much, does it?

Edit: The existing breeds with variants that can't be told apart (in egg form) through breed sort are just the random ones, right? I really hope it's not 2 random variants for unincubated and 2 random variants for incubated lmao.

Edited by MissK.

7 hours ago, Tinibree said:

I'm around at midnight for every release, unless it's a big release I don't have many problems getting pairs of eggs, but even then I wish for other people that the flood would be all day. This is a game but its not a competition. Imagine if you run faster than someone if you start at the same time, but they get an hour headstart, so of course they win, that's more what's actually going on. They flood ~12 hours on average, what's so terrible about just making that a full 24 instead? People like release day dragons, and some of them go from flood to rare (like the xenos, people who were asleep that night still haven't gotten some CBs). 

People like DC because it's casual and not a competition.

This. I had my fill of toxic competition growing up, thank you.

My eggs are sorting on Breed: Coast, Coast, Volcano, Coast, Jungle

On Color sort: the same

On Growth sort: Coast, Coast, Jungle, Volcano, Coast

On Date: Coast, Coast, Jungle, Volcano, Coast (correct)

On Name sort: by code

1 hour ago, Wiz said:

incubate-- i influenced and nothing happened

Ahhh I LOVE that new combo for the hybrid! 😍 And the hatchling itself looks awesome, can't wait to see what it turns into. And I'm curious about the other new hatchlings adult form too, haha. I missed the release because I was egg locked but oh well. Thanks for the new dragons!! :)

Saw the release at 17h. Since then apart from a few hours of sleep I have been trying to catch them. Not one success. I too think the 24h flood should be back simply for equality. Since I have more than enough stress in my life right now I don't need a GAME to be stressful as well so I guess I'm gonna just leave it now. Maybe I will catch one months from now, maybe not but while hunting for old rares from long before my starting time 12 years ago is sometimes fun even if I never actually managed to catch a CB gold or silver (or even, you know, see one in the cave despite occasionally sitting in front of the monitor hitting F5 every second) doing the same for a new release is just frustration and feels like I have been left out because I have a life outside of a game. Still was here the same day, checking, only not at the right hour which doesn't seem fair to me or others in different time zones.

The market, trading, gifting, and the AP are definitely all options if you can't catch something right at the initial release. 

There have been many releases over the years (at all different release times) and these are permanent. It's not good to assume every new dragon is going to be rare or that the release is glitched because you can't catch it in the first few hours. 

As @Nine  and others have said, you'll do better if you learn to have no expectations. 

11 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

I do believe 24h floods would do the work for the main issue we're having right now. It's about giving everyone an even field regardless where they live or when their shifts are. It has nothing to do with getting new dragons as gifts, it's about everyone having a chance to try to chatch the new eggs during the flood if only do they check the site on the release day - just anytime during it, not limited to a window so narrow that one can easly sleep or work through it even if they do check the site everyday.

24h floods could throw off the ratio hugely for breeds that are meant to be uncommon or rare, though. So the person who logs on just outside of the 24 hour timeframe wouldn't be happy either if the egg basically vanishes from sight for awhile. 

To be honest, I think that this is why the market was introduced, to give yet another alternative besides catching, gifting and trading. Like I've been here for *years* and only recently got a purple dino through the market because I know I'd never catch one!

If there was an 'easy' solution beyond just teleporting eggs onto people's scrolls, I think TJ would have introduced it awhile ago.