Charbreon

ANSWERED:(resolved) Unable to name dragons

I was hoping someone could help me with this. I have been using dragon cave for years. Probably since 2009 or so, it's been a very long time. Today I learned that this happened to me. Why? I thought all names were blocked if they were not appropriate. This has never been a problem. I am one to name ALL of my dragons so I am very upset about this. Is there any way this can be reversed? I will try to be more cautious with my naming although I never thought I was being intentionally inappropriate. ALL of my names have been deleted. This is extremely upsetting as I have been naming them ever since I was a child and I had names that were very special to me. I don't see any TOS of the sort that says that anything I was doing was wrong. Even so, it was not intentional. I would very much like the ability to name my dragons back even if it means having to rename all of them again. 

Thank you

scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/DratiniDragon10000

what the hell.PNG

Edited by Charbreon
Adding more information

You need to PM a mod. You won't get an answer in a thread. It's between you and TJ.

I believe most outright swear words are blocked indeed, so you won't be able to use them anyway, but there are always some loopholes (perhaps with numbers, spaces, merging words etc). In cases of abusing those there are repercussions. From what I understand possible slurs are also not allowed, and some of them can have a meaning as a different word or in a different language, so you need to be careful. 

Ultimately only TJ (or a mod reaching out to him) can actually help you, but for future reference in case you do get the naming action back, there is also a thread to check if a name is okay.

As others have said, speaking to a mod may shed more light on this, and TJ is the only one who could actually do anything about it. For reference, it *does* say every time you name a dragon:

Warning: Giving an inappropriate name to your hatchling may result in disciplinary action, such as the death of the hatchling, removal of all names on your account, or the permanent loss of the ability to name dragons.

(And honestly, I did take a look at some of your older names and some of them are outright inappropriate and seem fairly obviously so.)

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

As others have said, speaking to a mod may shed more light on this, and TJ is the only one who could actually do anything about it. For reference, it *does* say every time you name a dragon:

Warning: Giving an inappropriate name to your hatchling may result in disciplinary action, such as the death of the hatchling, removal of all names on your account, or the permanent loss of the ability to name dragons.

(And honestly, I did take a look at some of your older names and some of them are outright inappropriate and seem fairly obviously so.)

Out of curiosity, how did you see my old names? They're all gone. 

Another user said the wayback machine. I checked. Okay yeah some of them are a little immature I see but not necessary inappropriate. Some are play on words I guess but aren't innately inappropriate. 

Edited by Charbreon

1 hour ago, Charbreon said:

Another user said the wayback machine. I checked. Okay yeah some of them are a little immature I see but not necessary inappropriate. Some are play on words I guess but aren't innately inappropriate. 

Basically, if you wouldn't feel fully comfortable saying it on the forums, don't put it in a name.

There are at least three in there that would have hit the censorkipz if you had posted them on the forum, which says it all. And that's not counting the suggestive ones that wouldn't have.

Bottom line - you have lost the ability to name, and having looked at your old names, I don't see you getting it back.

2 hours ago, Charbreon said:

I really try to give people the benefit of the doubt, so in case you honestly don't understand: DC is a game that is played by people of all ages, including children. Blatant s*xual names are very definitely 'innately inappropriate' in a game that allows children. I understand the urge to be cheeky with dragon names sometimes, but the blatantly adult things you used are not in any way an edge case, they are 100% inappropriate for a game like this.