Moriaty

Easier way/button to abandon bred eggs

As a breeder who only keep eggs that are special, I would like to see if there's possibility for a easier way of abandoning when breeding.

For example, when I do my xeno breeding, I only keep the eggs that miscolor (different color from both paren) and abandon all the other eggs that don't. At the same time I don't want to lock myself and just randomly breed my xenos to AP because an egg of the type I want might pop up and I wouldn't want to be locked and miss the eggs I want to keep. So what I had to do was: make sure there's free egg slots, bred a couple of xeno to fill the slots, abandon them one by one, then go back to breeding more.

I would like a button or something that allow me to choose to "not keep" the egg on the breed success page - this would reduce the number of pages I have to click through when I breed my dragons.

Something like this:

73899284_ScreenShot2021-01-15at5_09_09PM.thumb.png.82f4e168df7de373e794815f5704eaf5.png

Thoughts? I don't know how useful this would be, I can already imagine many people not caring about whether it's implemented at all, but I think it'd be nice to have, at least for others who breed like me : >

And an extension: when I have multi clutches, I would like an "abandon all" option instead of having to choose to keep an egg. Especially during holiday breeding, as someone who don't really care about expanding lineage/keeping eggs my own dragons breed and only breed to see if interesting codes happen, it's fairly annoying to have to go through so many steps to abandon a batch of eggs. I'd need to click to keep one (at least 2 steps involved: click on whichever egg, type in password & confirm),  then go back to dragons page (another step), select that egg and abandon it (another at least 3 steps: click on action, then abandon, then password and confirm). 

Edited by Moriaty
changed the title a bit

Yes! Yes please please please.

I feel like this is something a lot of people would just go 'well just lock yourself with random AP eggs and then abandon if you breed a pairing you may want to keep', but... That doesn't actually solve anything. It's still a lot of extra steps and clicks for something that *could* be so very simple. Breed an egg. Don't want it? Get rid of it right there on the same page, instead of having to 1. click through to the egg's page 2. click 'actions' 3. click 'abandon' 4. input password 5. confirm. Especially on slower internet connections or on mobile, saving so many steps and page loads can be a big deal. And as long as you still have to input your password (or action word, or whatever) there shouldn't be much of an issue with accidental abandons. 

The multi-clutch issue has been brought up multiple times before, one thread here:

I feel like people have been asking for this for years and years, can't believe it's still not a thing. Support as long as there's still a confirmation the same as regular abandoning, like in the example in OP.

Oh, yes, please! I do a lot of breeding hoping for Z codes. Most of the eggs, of course, are not what I'm looking for. An easier, quicker way to abandon unwanted eggs would make the process a lot less time-consuming.

Would love this. :) Less clicking and more eggs being dropped. Would be very useful for when i'm breeding codes-descendants and Xenos to the AP. I would suggest popping the egg's code underneath its image, too for useful reasons.

Spoiler

image.png.1d4d7cbce812309c4b9c9691ea7cf67e.png

I'd love to see the code under the eggs regardless tbh.

But support for easy abandon!

support! such a quality of life change. i rarely do projects that require me to breed a lot of pairs because it's so irritating to have to go in to each individual egg's page and abandon them one by one. especially if i only happen to have one egg spot open (i know, i should probably have more if im doing stuff like that, but i always seem to lock myself CONSTANTLY XD)  and i have to keep going back and forth abandoning each egg. 🙄

yes, please! for me and very likely for others, this would significantly cut down on aggravating repetitive stress injury (rsi) issues and make it easier/more comfortable to play.

I would greatly appreciate this; I'd probably breed a lot more of my bsa lines especially if I didn't have to remember to lock myself before sending them off.

SUPPORT!

Is so anoying now! Like, I allready decided I don't want this Ridge the moment I saw is not tan. Let me abandon it!

(Btw you can see the code if you hoover your mouse over the egg or long-press on mobile)

Oh definitely support. Honestly this isn't much of a problem for me because I don't breed often at all but I can still see why it would be so much handier

Ugh! I just bred about 85 pairs of dragons. The cave was being very laggy, which meant that each extra click was even more annoying than usual!

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Ugh! I just bred about 85 pairs of dragons. The cave was being very laggy, which meant that each extra click was even more annoying than usual!

*points* It. Was You. It was you all along!  😯