purplehaze

ANSWERED:Error messages and problem with forum notifications

I mentioned this in Tiny Little Questions and apparently I am not the only one having a problem.

Since yesterday morning at least I have had intermittent problems with the forum. It is either extremely slow or refuses to load at all and gives an error message: "The forums are currently under heavy load. Try again in a few moments." It lasts for several minutes and then things seem to go back to normal for awhile, then it breaks again.

Also a problem that seems to be related -- my forum notifications often will not load, either. When I have notifications indicated and click on the bell, the empty box drops down with an endlessly spinning circle and never loads the messages.

Both problems are occurring off and on, but relentlessly since yesterday.

Just going to chime in. As one of the members that posted this in the Tiny Little Questions thread, too. I mostly am experiencing issues with reliability in being able to see my notifications. I can't even get to the full list through "View All Notifications" because of this issue. I've encountered the "Error: Forums under heavy load" twice now.

i havent encountered the "forums under heavy load" message yet, but i'm sure if i were to hang around for longer i'd run into it. i've been having notification issues as well.

I have had both issues ("heavy load" and notifications not loading), and posting sometimes takes longer than usual after hitting the "Submit Reply" button.

I experience the same as Confused Cat: it takes an unusual long time after hitting "Submit Reply" until the reply is finally processed. Yes, beside this I don't get any delays.

I was also one of the ones whom commented in the Tiny Little Questions about this. I did have the "under heavy load" at first (the night before last I think). I have not experienced it a second time, however I am still occasionally having the endlessly loading issue for the notifications. :dry: Like purplehaze it's been off and on for me.

And like Confused Cat and LostFate I have also noticed yesterday that sometimes when I "Submit Reply" it took an unusually long time to actually post, although I didn't put much stock into it. But if I'm not the only one experiencing it... 🤔

Replies have been taking an unusually long time to post, no matter how long or short the post.

I, too, get the notification swirl, but it's on the third or fourth time I check. The first and second try, and sometimes the third, it opens as it's supposed to. This started for me yesterday morning and is still happening today.

I had the "heavy traffic" message for about 10 minutes yesterday and today sporadically.

I've been experiencing this problem since yesterday too. Notifications won't load, they just swirl until they time out and I receive the error message about the Forum being under heavy load as well.

Problems are still persisting. I cannot see notifications. I have gotten 2 error pages so far today. And posting replies is very laggy. @TJ09 is this something you can run down and fix?

It's happening to me again : ( The ever spinning circle and no message being loaded...Seems like it's a on-and-off thing: it happened yesterday afternoon and then was fine later in the evening, and now it's happening again. I also get the forum is under heavy load message on and off these few days. This is actually annoying, because I have a new notification and the red "1" is not going away because it's not loading and bruh

EDIT: And now it's working fine 

Edited by Moriaty

It's very much an intermittent problem. The notification thing is more frequent. That loads less than half the time ever since this problem started.

I have only had the heavy load error once today.

I haven't had the heavy load error since yesterday, but the notification endlessly loading happened to me again earlier when I first got online. It's working for me now, though.

Still getting this intermittently, myself, too. Just had a Forums Loaded error about 5-10 minutes ago that wouldn't let me get into a thread I wanted to read, twice.

I had the heavy load notice three times today. The notifications are still not loading past the second or third try. I also seem to have trouble clicking 'next unread topic' at the bottom of the page - sometimes it responds, sometimes it does not and I have to return to the main topic page to reach the next unread topic.

Later yesterday, and today have been much better! :)

in regards to notifications: i havent had an issue with mine loading lately, but they wont clear until the second or third time i click on them.