HeatherMarie

Change Encyclopedia shadow-unlock text to be more informative

This has come up countless times on the forums but I can't remember there ever specifically being a topic for it. Right now if you haven't unlocked sprites in the encyclopedia they display as shadows on the breeds page and give a generic 'unlock' message. Adults, for example, say specifically 'unlock this image after owning 3 adults or observing 15 adults'. The text says the exact same thing no matter how many adults you already own or have observed, until you hit the number required to unlock it. 

The problem with that is when adults have multiple forms it can become difficult to tell how many *more* adults of a form you need to view/own to unlock it, since it never changes from the 3/15 text. The new 2020 holiday has 4 adult forms (I think?) which means it's impossible to know for sure how many more you need to view of each type unless you've kept count from the beginning yourself. My encyclopedia for them currently shows that I've viewed a total of 45 adults, but I only have the first two adults unlocked, and a third adult shadow. I know I've viewed a handful of the shadowed adult variant, but it still shows the 3/15 text on mouseover so I don't know how many more I actually need to view. 

So the suggestion is simple: Have the mouseover text show how many *more* of that variant you need to own/observe in order to unlock it. It already keeps track of that, obviously, it would be so much more helpful if it actually showed the specific numbers instead of the general overall number. 

YES full support. It took me forever to unlock all the Spirit Ward forms, and I still have forms for other breeds that I haven't unlocked yet. It's a pain in the neck trying to figure out how many dragons I need to click on when it tells me I've observed 50 dragons, but I perpetually need to view 15.

Full support.

Please! This would be so helpful. As it is I never know how many more I have to hunt down until the image clears -- then I know I don't need more. It would be nice if it counted down so we know how close we are.

Massively in favor of this, was literally thinking of suggesting the same thing a few days ago when trying to unlock all colors of the Tinsels in the encyclopedia.

I currently have everything unlocked, I think, but this would have been so helpful when I was working towards it. So for the future... yes, please!

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

@Falorni  May I offer you a few: https://dragcave.net/group/4324

I actually ended up getting them all just by brute forcing/scrolling through lineages of eggs and hatchies in the trade hub, but tysm!  Maybe this'll be helpful to someone else reading :D 

I have other groups ;) 

Yes! That would be SO helpful. I mean, they count down when they say "view x amount more adult/hatchlings" for the text unlocks, so why not have it count down for the shadow unlocks?

Fully support this! (y)

5 hours ago, LadyLoki said:

Yes! That would be SO helpful. I mean, they count down when they say "view x amount more adult/hatchlings" for the text unlocks, so why not have it count down for the shadow unlocks?

Fully support this! (y)

Ohh that's a good point I didn't even think about! It *does* give actual numbers for unlocking the text. Even more of a reason to change the shadow-text, consistency is nice!