Jump to content
Murkydepths

Snow Angel wing switching

Recommended Posts

Aright don't hate me for suggesting this...I have FR suggestion 

 

Ok so Snow Angels, they have three different types, and which one you get you don't get to choose. Which is a shame, people getting stuck with their least favourite, I think there was even a glitch where some people had one wing colour but then it changed? Very sad for a game all about collecting pretty dragons.

 

I have two solutions...

 

So my suggestion is, for next christmas, all NEW Cb snow angels will have a Bsa that allows them to switch between the three forms. This would NOT affect any existing Snow Angels, so lineages would not get screwed up. There's the potential for messing up lineages then created from these new snow angels, but only so much as Aegis already do.

 

Problems I could see being created is people wanting to keep their old snow angels, and not release them to get the version they do like. Also releasing their old snow angels will take away their names(or people might even kill), potentially screwing up lineages. A solution to THAT would be allowing people to pick up two new Cb snow angels...but that'd be a pretty big thing. Personally I'd like the limit of cb christmas/v-day dragons to be four, but I know many would disagree and it's a bit of a suggestion in of itself. There's also the possibility of one scroll having two different snow angel wings (one old cb, one new), I don't know if that'd be considered bad, kind of depends on what TJ intended for the breed. 

 

And suggestion 2 is much simpler: Just let people pick what colour they get when picking up new cb snow angels. I do not know how this'd be programmed, but it avoids snow angels changing. Still has the other issues though.

 

UPADTE:

 

Ok so current best suggestion, imo, is Snow Angels having a BSA that influences the egg to turn out a certain colour. This way there's no switching, and we still can have alternating lineages if we want, and people can have all the colours. Whether it would work on cbs is up for debate still.

 

 

So...any more problems? Additions? Does anyone else even want this? Thoughts? Let me have it.

Edited by Murkydepths
removing a joke about a very traumatic condition

Share this post


Link to post

i disagree with people being able to pick their cb snow angels color, but you know what i think would be nice? some sort of mechanic where bred snow angels have the potential to match their parent... it sucks to pick up a beautiful lineage only to realize it might be ruined because if it grew onto your scroll it would have the wrong wing type (my scroll is tri-color, and i see some beautiful lines with white wings or golden wings that i cant keep because mine would grow into a tri-color). i dont know if thats worth making a new topic about, though. this suggestion just reminded me, and is kinda similar. i personally dnt have a preference about what color my cbs are, i think theyre all beautiful, but it bums me out that were locked to JUST that color, and we have no other choice about whats on our scroll. i think there should be at least some sort of mechanic to give us freedom in that regard, because i cant really see TJ implementing allowing us to pick our snow angel color, for CBs at least. any thoughts on what ive said here?

Edited by InvaderAlexis

Share this post


Link to post

It wasn't a glitch for the record, people just figured out how to tell what wing they'd have a few hours early and so TJ first removed the three forms then just re-reolled them. Some had no change, some went from least fav to fav, some went from fav to least fav.

 

I'd love to have 6cb limit with rng snow angel wings (maybe with a reference to wing color in the desc to simplify getting a full set). I feel like mechanically the kids should naturally match their parent, but be able to be influenced by a different winged adult to have their wings instead. This would mean at least a year before you're able to influence them all by yourself, but if it works like pinks, you could swap with someone to influence the wings for each other and swap back on hatch.

 

I don't think one where you can just change the wing color is ideal, aegis is under used for that reason. Set wings on adult but influenceable eggs seems the better move to me.

Edited by Tinibree

Share this post


Link to post

I would probably support a change to allow bred Snow Angels to have their parent's wing color regardless of scroll-tied color, to help lineages and seem more natural in general. I would *not* support new CBs being able to change colors but not older CBs, that's just not fair to ALL the people who already have their limit of CBs. (And no, saying 'you could just release the old ones' is not a good work-around, that would screw with lineages and plans a heck of a lot more than just changing old CBs colors would!) If CB holiday limits were increased it would be a different story, but definitely no the way it is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

you know what i think would be nice? some sort of mechanic where bred snow angels have the potential to match their parent... it sucks to pick up a beautiful lineage only to realize it might be ruined because if it grew onto your scroll it would have the wrong wing type

 

I've thought about this a lot before and always wished there were a way to get lineaged snow angels that matched the other snow angels in the lineage, even if your cbs will always remain the same color. An idea I've had for a while but I don't think I ever suggested:

If a bred snow angel egg hatches on your scroll, it becomes the color of your snow angels, even if you trade/gift the hatchling to someone else. This could give us a way to get dragons that match their parent while encouraging trading(or gifting) and while still keeping the theme of everyone having a single sprite associated with their scroll. 

Edited by Aqub

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, InvaderAlexis said:

i disagree with people being able to pick their cb snow angels color, but you know what i think would be nice? some sort of mechanic where bred snow angels have the potential to match their parent... it sucks to pick up a beautiful lineage only to realize it might be ruined because if it grew onto your scroll it would have the wrong wing type

 

This is also a good idea I think! Reminds me of when we didn't have cb holidays so people collected nice 2gs, you could still have all the different wing types but wouldn't have to deal with new cb rules and stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post

If anything like this were ever done, I think the simplest method would be keeping the scrolls the same, but having colors stay permanent when eggs hatch on different coded scrolls.

Gold wing scroll? You can hatch any egg and it will turn out gold winged. When transferred to another scroll as a hatchling, they stay gold. Eggs can be any color still depending on where they hatch. Then people can trade hatchies.

This would also pair great with an increase in the CB holiday limit :)

 

Not sure either of these things will ever happen, though.

Edited by Painter

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Painter said:

If anything like this were ever done, I think the simplest method would be keeping the scrolls the same, but having colors stay permanent when eggs hatch on different coded scrolls.

Gold wing scroll? You can hatch any egg and it will turn out gold winged. When transferred to another scroll as a hatchling, they stay gold. Eggs can be any color still depending on where they hatch. Then people can trade hatchies.

The issue with that is it requires a lot of hoping people aren't lying to you. About what their scroll is, about if they were the one to hatch it. Also gives less time to find said trades, as you can't put them up before they hatch, and you wouldn't be able to verify until they grew up.

Just feels complicated when we could just have an influence.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't support changing the CBs in any form [not fair that a new user gets to choose which Snow Angel they get while the rest of us are stuck]

 

If I had to pick ANY option to allow for different wings on scrolls - I would much rather see bred eggs take on the wings of their parent. So for example:

 

My scroll has CB Gold Wings - I send the eggs to the AP.

They're picked up by someone whose scroll is White/Gold wing coded.

The eggs hatch and grow up into the Gold wing even though the scroll is coded white/gold because the parent Snow angel was gold.

 

Just my thoughts, I'm pretty neutral on the subject [would I have preferred the multicolor wing? Yes, but I've come to love my gold wings]

Share this post


Link to post

Matching the parent color would be alright if it didn't happen 100% of the time, otherwise you end up messing up lineage patterns that want the wings not to match their parent.

Like I grabbed this guy that I can continue the cycle on: https://dragcave.net/lineage/TUJHS but if the wings always match the parent's color, then you wouldn't be able to do things like this anymore. 

 

If the mechanic were changed that it had a chance to reflect the parent's color, or the color became "fixed" as soon as the egg hatched, it'd be nice to roll out a small hatchling sprite update with it, so the wing variant could be seen at the S2 stage, similar to the Solstices.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Stromboli said:

If the mechanic were changed that it had a chance to reflect the parent's color, or the color became "fixed" as soon as the egg hatched, it'd be nice to roll out a small hatchling sprite update with it, so the wing variant could be seen at the S2 stage, similar to the Solstices.

i had this thought exactly. maybe even have it be random chance like gemshard if we have to. (im not in favor of this personally, but it is another option. gemshards are already super annoying to make lineages with, and snow angels would be downright infuriating to work with as you can only breed one per year, so now that i think about it thats a REALLY bad suggestion.) but i did think similarly about a hatchling sprite update, as someone earlier had a comment about people potentially not being truthful about hatchlings being given in a trade, and us not being able to tell what color they would grow up to be until theyve already grown. 

 

id really love to have all three colors of snow angels on my scroll, im more against switching CB colors, though. i think we should keep our assigned colors, but be able to have more than JUST that on our scrolls. (i.e. bred snow angels) 

Share this post


Link to post

I never liked the Snow Angel mechanic, and never made lineages with them for that reason, but now that it's done I don't think there's any way to let people change their dragons' appearance without creating other issues. So existing dragons should remain as they are I think. And giving the perk of change to only new dragons seems unfair in a different way...personally in that case I would rather release mine and start anew, but that isn't nice for lineages either if a bunch of people do it; tons of dragons would suddenly go unnamed and CB demand would go way up. 

 

So no support from me for the original suggestion.

 

A way of getting all different colours would be much nicer in my opinion, perhaps a 50/50 (or some other percentage) chance of the Snow Angel being the scroll's coded colour or the parent's colour like people said. That way we could potentially continue lineages of all types...with a chance of failure, but that's better than not being able to do it at all I guess. If it was possible to have all colours as CBs I would love that, but something tells me a change in the lmits for one breed is not going to happen, and lifting the limits altogether is a different (existing) suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post

I've raised Snow Angel after Snow Angel trying to get wing varients. I keep getting the plain gold wing. I wish there was a way to see if the Snow Angel will be a varient before it matures, so I can abandon it for someone who wants a hatchling.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Waiting_for_Dawn said:

I've raised Snow Angel after Snow Angel trying to get wing varients. I keep getting the plain gold wing. I wish there was a way to see if the Snow Angel will be a varient before it matures, so I can abandon it for someone who wants a hatchling.

You, personally, can only ever have the gold wing. Everything you grow will have gold wings. They are dependent on your scroll, and your scroll only ever has the one varient. That's what this suggestion is about, freeing it so we could have more than one wing type.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tinibree said:

You, personally, can only ever have the gold wing. Everything you grow will have gold wings. They are dependent on your scroll, and your scroll only ever has the one varient. That's what this suggestion is about, freeing it so we could have more than one wing type.

I didn't know. How disappointing. 😧 Well, off to dump bunch of hatchlings I just named.

 

What a waste of time. 😔 Thanks again for the kick in the shin, 2020. 😣

 

I'm done with Snow Angels. I won't be taking any more abandoned eggs this year or next. Just released a bunch of adult Snow Angels from my scroll since I can't continue their linage.

Edited by Waiting_for_Dawn

Share this post


Link to post

For CBs, this highlights the issues with a finite limit on CB holidays more than anything. Just lift the limits, make some tweaks like never allowing the holiday biome to run out of eggs, and bam, it's done in a balanced and easy way. Lifting the limits makes it sooo much easier to look at implementing the idea of allowing people to have more than one CB wing color. Right now, it's pretty tricky; there should be a way to choose your CB wing colors, but practically, it's difficult with limits.

 

As for alt Sweetlings, that's an exclusivity issue that unfortunately will not be seeing a solution from what I've observed in suggestions. However, even if we were able to get both colors, your Snow Angel idea applied to Sweetlings also hits a bump with the issue of limits.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/30/2020 at 1:32 PM, MissK. said:

I never liked the Snow Angel mechanic, and never made lineages with them for that reason, but now that it's done I don't think there's any way to let people change their dragons' appearance without creating other issues.

This is my thinking on it. I don't see a viable way to change their mechanic after all this time. I do think it was a very unfortunate choice made at that time and am thankful that mechanic isn't used anymore.

Share this post


Link to post

No support. I wouldn't mind letting snow angels match their moms if it didn't mess with certain lineages, but I will definitely not support new CB's being able to swap colors. 

 

I would like a way to get CB's of all the colors (wishful thinking), but this suggestion benefits some players and not all. There's absolutely no reason to only give some dragons a bsa because of when they happened to be picked up. 

Share this post


Link to post

I like the idea of bred snow angels having a chance to be different wing colors than the wing type a member’s scroll is linked to, but not the idea of changing the cb mechanics at this point. Should a new thread be opened to discuss the bred snow angel wing color idea?

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/31/2020 at 1:37 AM, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I've raised Snow Angel after Snow Angel trying to get wing varients. I keep getting the plain gold wing. I wish there was a way to see if the Snow Angel will be a varient before it matures, so I can abandon it for someone who wants a hatchling.

 

I did the exact same thing not knowing it was only ever one wing! I was so mad because the wing type I am stuck with is my least favourite. Literally I raised several in vain XD 

 

I would love to have different wing colours on my scroll... 
 

If we are discussing a BSA, why not just add it to existing CB Snow Angels (or generally speaking all of them)? BSAs always affect any and all dragons of the selected species; i.e. when incubate was added, all red dragons got this ability, not just new ones.

 

Randomness when you have one go per year is a no from me! Make it definite. 

Share this post


Link to post

It is definite - we get the one colour. But please, nothing that changes existing ones.

 

I'm not wild about a change, even though I too got my least favourite - but I could live with a BSA to operate ON AN EGG. Otherwise the effect on lineages would be awful. I spent a lot of time this year collecting lines that only have my colour in.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

If we are discussing a BSA, why not just add it to existing CB Snow Angels (or generally speaking all of them)? BSAs always affect any and all dragons of the selected species; i.e. when incubate was added, all red dragons got this ability, not just new ones.

 

 

 

Mostly because it'd completely mess up so many lineages. If we still keep the 2 cb limit (I think it should be four) then people would either feel pressured to keep their not-favourite wing colour to keep their lineages intact, or mess them up by switching to their favourite. 

 

I still think the best solution is to just up CB limits for v day and christmas to 4.

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It is definite - we get the one colour. But please, nothing that changes existing ones.

 

I'm not wild about a change, even though I too got my least favourite - but I could live with a BSA to operate ON AN EGG. Otherwise the effect on lineages would be awful. I spent a lot of time this year collecting lines that only have my colour in.

Oh I like the idea of it working on the egg! That gets rid of the Aegis problem.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

 

I did the exact same thing not knowing it was only ever one wing! I was so mad because the wing type I am stuck with is my least favourite. Literally I raised several in vain XD 

 

I would love to have different wing colours on my scroll... 

I was heart broken. 💔 I actually cried.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Murkydepths said:

Mostly because it'd completely mess up so many lineages. If we still keep the 2 cb limit (I think it should be four) then people would either feel pressured to keep their not-favourite wing colour to keep their lineages intact, or mess them up by switching to their favourite. 

 

I still think the best solution is to just up CB limits for v day and christmas to 4.

 

Ooh, I see! To be honest I assumed it was gonna be used on fresh eggs.

Share this post


Link to post

A one-time BSA specifically for eggs would probably be unintrusive enough at least. I think it might be interesting if it was the adult Snow Angels with the BSA, and they would apply it to an egg (one time per egg, short cooldown), so then people would need to own at least one adult with the scroll coded colour before being able to choose colours for eggs. Sort of how you need adult pinks before you can start influencing. However a one-time action on each egg works just fine as well.

Share this post


Link to post


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.