MoonlightEevee

ANSWERED:Equinox Biome Glitch?

So between the fall and winter equinoxes, the Equinox Dragon was found in the Forest. Last week I discovered it swapped to the Alpine Biome and now it's currently in the Volcano Biome. I just wanted to make sure they could change locations or if either the Alpine or Volcano Biome was a slight glitch

The Wiki says the habitats are Forest in Autumn and Volcano in Winter. Not sure why it would show in Alpine. 

The encyclopedia entry for them right now says volcano. I don't know what it may have said before.

They were in Forest until the winter solstice, where they moved to Alpine. They then stayed in there a couple days, then we're noticed to move to volcano near the end of the 24th. Someone found an Alpine equinox born from the 24th too, so it must have switched midday.

My running theory is that TJ accidentally swapped the biomes they were meant to go in initially, and they were meant to go to volcano for winter and Alpine for summer, mimicking how birds go to warmer climates in winter.

Apologies to forum staff for bringing this out of the carpet but I'd really need to ask:

Reading the previous comments turns out there where Equinoxes found in the Alpine biome in December, I didn't know that because I was busy with Christmas stuff, DC Christmas stuff, but on January 1st I saw an Equinox in the Volcano biome, I was really surprised and I grabbed it, I had to "just in case", but turns out that currently they're still dropping in the Volcano.

Anyway, what I'd like to know is, will they change to another biome during the Spring season and then again during the Summer season, getting back to Forest again for the Autumn? And then to the Volcano and so on?

Not that this important to anyone else but I was pretty much done ("forever") with my scroll goals regarding the Equinoxes before noticing they changed to another biome, so if they change/move/rotate to another biome either on Spring or whatever mechanics they have I need to know so I focus on new scroll goals.

Sorry for the long post, I hope to get an answer.

They are not even a whole year in the cave yet, so we'll have to see where they go in spring, unless the conceptor happens to share some intel with us ...

@Kegluneq You're unlikely to get an official answer since this is the sort of thing staff lets playerbase to discover on our own, but it's very likely they'll at least be in Alpine for summer because mixing up winter+volcano/summer+Alpine seems easy to do. Plus, their description already mentions they migrate regularly.

@Ruby Eyes contacting the Spriters or some moderator crossed my mind first but I saw this topic and thought it would be better to ask about it here. Yes, lets hope they share something. I dared to step here and ask because if they move to another biome in Spring I'm running out of time to get the amount of CBs I need from the Volcano, but there's the March release coming up... I'll get what I need just in time I believe but sometimes things happen and you can't play as much as you'd like. 

@Shadowdrake my theory is that they'd be in Alpine for Summer and I think they'll be in Jungle for Spring, leaving the Coast and the Desert out of the equation. But of course they'd migrate through all of the biomes, which would be nice because I could have CBs from everywhere, even from the Market, which I'd leave for last because it'd cost me a lot of time and Shards xD

What saddens me now is that if they do short and temporary migrations between seasons, like the aforementioned one in the Alpine (Dec 24th), I already missed it and won't have my Equinoxes in my scroll in correct order because of the dates.

As they are fairly common, you could try trading for hatchies to speed up the process for you.

5 hours ago, Kegluneq said:

temporary migrations between seasons

I doubt it was like that: they swapped from Alpine to Volcano in the middle of a day, which is very unusual for seasonal or date-based migrations. It was probably an accident. 

Looks like they moved to the Jungle for Spring.

I hope the Staff won't bite me that hard for reviving this topic (again ¬¬°) but I think its important since there might be players that still don't know about the Equinoxes' migration throughout the year.

So, 3 months later and like @Shadowdrake and I were guessing/theorizing/prophesying here the Equinoxes are now in the Alpine.

It'd be nice to know why the Equinoxes don't travel to the Coast and the Desert biomes, but I suppose we'd find out, perhaps,once their Encyclopedia entries are available. Anyway, I'm assuming the Equinoxes will be back in the Forest for the Autumn season.

Edited by Kegluneq