TJ09

2020-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

This is the first year I think I'm getting really good at the tetris wrapping puzzle!

20 hours ago, Spirulina said:

You can play snow wars 2 - last event window

I already reached the maximum level, I think, but I'll give it a try!

The cooking game is probably my favorite mini game on the site.  But I always get frustrated how I can never get enough flour, eggs and sugar when I need it. 

Is it still possible to get the 'completed' Holiday cooking badge? (see below.) I'm pretty sure I did all the recipes yet my badge is still the old one.

Christmas 2012 badge pumpkin pie.png

Edit: Counted 73 total recipes that I have finished.

Edited by lovecats99

3 hours ago, lovecats99 said:

Is it still possible to get the 'completed' Holiday cooking badge? (see below.) I'm pretty sure I did all the recipes yet my badge is still the old one.

It seems not. There was a post the other day speculating that that is because after the event is over there is no page for it to lead to and show off your design, like there is for the tree, wreath, and house. Whatever the reason, it seems that no one is getting that badge.

46 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

It seems not. There was a post the other day speculating that that is because after the event is over there is no page for it to lead to and show off your design, like there is for the tree, wreath, and house. Whatever the reason, it seems that no one is getting that badge.

Aw, such a shame. :( I wonder if its some kind of bug? As I wouldn't assume the badge would be exclusive to players who completed the game and got the badge back in 2012 if we can get the participation badge in 2020 and other years the game was available.

I would just like to say, I love love love that there is a countdown timer on the main page! It helped me so much with my planning for when to do which.

Want to drop by my scroll for supper? I have 99 roasted chickens & 63 bottles of wine. Plus lots of desserts, soups, candy, eggnog, apple cider.

But I wish they'd stop giving me cocoa beans. I'm never gonna get enough of the other ingredients to make them all into chocolate.

I'd love to get a cooking badge as I have never played this before, made also about 60 different dishes :) 

Edited by Joya

a very GONE Banana Split?   At least if placed in front of me!  lol

On that note, Thank you TJ and present and past Spriters for their work in presenting this group of games for us to play and the New Eggs...

3 hours ago, Asharah said:

Want to drop by my scroll for supper? I have 99 roasted chickens & 63 bottles of wine. Plus lots of desserts, soups, candy, eggnog, apple cider.

But I wish they'd stop giving me cocoa beans. I'm never gonna get enough of the other ingredients to make them all into chocolate.

And you can sleep over. The house I decorated in the 2016 event has a guest room that sleeps 4.

Does anyone know if we will still be able to play the  games? Alchemy is really calming to me, and it is something I could use right now :(

Going by past years - no. But things could change....

6 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Going by past years - no. But things could change....

That works, I can hope then ❤️ Thank you for your reply!             

I just want to take a moment here before the event is over to thank all those who made it possible. I love the cookie decorating although my cookies look pretty amateurish, especially when compared with some of the beauties I have seen on display. Tetris is the only one of the older activities that I spent much time on, but it was nice to revisit some of the others. I could wish that it was possible to save multiple versions of the wreath, tree, and house -- I would love to redecorate but don't want to lose my historic versions.

I was able to collect some very nice Christmas lineages from the AP and from trades, even though it seemed the wall was gone too soon.

And the new dragon is really beautiful! Nice to have a different body type in the Holiday lineup.

Thank you TJ and everyone else involved. Happy New Year! Hoping for many more events to come. :)

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

I could wish that it was possible to save multiple versions of the wreath, tree, and house -- I would love to redecorate but don't want to lose my historic versions.

Agreed - I think I made one tiny change to my original tree and wreath as they both had 'flaws' I was unable to fix when they first came out. Maybe next year if they come back, allow players to make temporary ones to send to others?

That aside, I want to thank TJ and everyone else involved in this event and with these wonderful new dragons. It was a lot of fun, even with a few glitches here and there.

Yeah, I would love to be able to save the 'new' versions of tree/house/wreath without destroying the older versions. Between last year's Advent Calendar and this year I have re-done all three of those though, I think I like my tree better now. I surprised myself by getting really good at Mana Alchemy, and getting a little annoyed with how easy the 'hard' Tetris levels were for me. I've enjoyed the event very much and I'm really hoping it will come back again in December!

Thank you to everyone involved in this year's holiday event! The new dragons are really cool, and I love that each of us can set the light pattern that we prefer.

I finally think I'm getting the hang of the tetris game on the hard level! I'm not usually very good at spacial games like this, so its fun when I figure them out.

Thank you to everyone who sent me cookies! Some of you are really, really talented and creative! I exchanged cookies on the forum for the first half of the event, but the last few days I've been sending them to random users, since people less active on the forum will no doubt have less. 

Last year's decorating events are displayed in my sig; this year I changed my wreath color scheme to silver, gold, and light blue. I changed my tree to have a gazillion lights and clear bubble ornaments, which looks really neat. My gingerbread house is now the home of a holly dragon, decked out in red and green with oversized holly berries and ivy growing on the walls. Holly and ivy, get it? 😆

The holiday cooking event is so weirdly satisfying! I know the stuff we make can't be displayed the rest of the year, but I don't care, its still fun to have a mass amount of food! Right now I have the most wine, which is super funny because I avoid alcohol in real life.

I restructured my snow fort this year. Last year's was a scene of dragons having a snowball fight. This year I changed it into a reindeer forest. For some reason, I haven't been attacked very much this time around, I only had to repair my fort twice.

The mana alchemy game is probably my least favorite of the holiday events that we replay. It feels a little repetitive to me, but I don't really mind! It's a nice change from the tetris wrapping game when earning candy.

I hope the rest of you all had a wonderful holiday season, and thanks again to all those on DC who helped out with this year!

Thank you so much for the event! 

I'm having a lot of fun making cookies.

The lag is so painful though.

I'm struggling to get this last cookie done before the event ends.

Still, Thank you so much for the event and the new dragons!

More wyrms! Yay!

Popping in to also add a thank you for the event! :D I'm SO happy I could redo my wreath this year! I enjoyed making the few cookies and receiving the far better ones than my derp art. XD But the lag made me tend to avoid it a tad these last couple days. I will not however miss all the freaking ingredients dropping everywhere every couple of minutes.

That being said I will leave you with my overall thanks, and my redone wreath! :wub:

Screenshot_2021-01-07 Dragon Cave.png

11 hours ago, lovecats99 said:

Aw, such a shame. :( I wonder if its some kind of bug? As I wouldn't assume the badge would be exclusive to players who completed the game and got the badge back in 2012 if we can get the participation badge in 2020 and other years the game was available.

It is not a bug. TJ09 confirmed last year the only reason the other old badges came back is because they lead to a permanent display. The cooking does not thus the badge is not rewarded.

Thank you to TJ and all the spriters involved in this massive holiday event. I've loved the Glysteres, the cookies, the cooking and all the games. Thank you all! ❤️<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3