Jump to content
TJ09

2020-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The only thing I wish I could do during this holiday event was/is to donate my holiday candy to those that can use them. I unlocked everything last season that I didn't need the candy this season. 

Edited by Sappheara

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Happy new year to everyone. :)

 

Yeaaaah, snow wars is back. I love this game.  But I wonder, the back to base option seems to be gone? Anyone else experience this?

Edit: This is only if I'm in edit mode. I can return from the attack mode to the base.

Edited by LostFate

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, LostFate said:

Happy new year to everyone. :)

 

Yeaaaah, snow wars is back. I love this game.  But I wonder, the back to base option seems to be gone? Anyone else experience this?

Edit: This is only if I'm in edit mode. I can return from the attack mode to the base.

Click on the base, it'll give an option to go back into the base~

I'm pretty sure it was the same last year.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Tried but didn't work. If I click on the base nothing happens. I remember it working last year.

 

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. I forgot that the base is the fort not the base layer .:blush:

Edited by LostFate

Share this post


Link to post

I don't remember what you do in holiday cooking, I think I did all there has to do the first time haha

Share this post


Link to post

Seeing people trying to ask for a female holiday 2020 dragon in trading.... there is no female 2020 holiday.

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, MoxleyRTZ said:

Seeing people trying to ask for a female holiday 2020 dragon in trading.... there is no female 2020 holiday.

A lot of people were asking for blue-winged CB Solstices, too.

Share this post


Link to post

I can't remember -- is there a way to keep your fort from being destroyed by others? I don't want to play, and I don't want to have to rebuild.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Do we know yet if there are going to be spriter alts for the new dragon? There's no info on the wiki, but I think all the spriter's dragons should have grown by now...

 

@Laura-Borealis I don't think there is, but if i recall correctly at the end of the event the lasting image of your fort will be undamaged.

Edited by Aniia

Share this post


Link to post

As I said a while ago - Infinis' scroll showed a regular one a few days ago, anyway... So maybe they aren't released yet ?

Share this post


Link to post

oh, i didn't realize there was delay between regular and spriter release!

Share this post


Link to post

On the one hand, I love the concept that you can change the color of the lights on the glystere dragon. So festive!

 

On the other hand, it creates such a nightmare with the 2-dragon limit that I probably just won't even bother breeding these at all. The massively restricted ability to continue any holiday lineages is bad enough with dragons that have only one color variant (since you can only breed each dragon once a year and can only have two CBs.) With multiple color variants it's just impossible. You can't even trade for them if you want to make checkers, because the other users are likely to change the coloration of their dragons at will.

 

And what's wrong with the food drops this year? Is it just me or is a food item dropping every 30 seconds? It's starting to get really intrusive, I already have loads of everything and every other time I click there's another one...

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tjekan said:

 

And what's wrong with the food drops this year? Is it just me or is a food item dropping every 30 seconds? It's starting to get really intrusive, I already have loads of everything and every other time I click there's another one...

 

Yeah, this is seriously annoying. I'm getting them only a few minutes apart, picked up a sugar at :34 and then a chicken at :37... I don't need these! 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tjekan said:

And what's wrong with the food drops this year? Is it just me or is a food item dropping every 30 seconds? It's starting to get really intrusive, I already have loads of everything and every other time I click there's another one...

 

33 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yeah, this is seriously annoying. I'm getting them only a few minutes apart, picked up a sugar at :34 and then a chicken at :37... I don't need these! 


Oh my God, right! I'm not even playing the Holiday Cooking. And I know that the Easter eggs or Halloween treats never drop THIS frequently! I wish they did, but these food drops are driving me crazy!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yeah, this is seriously annoying. I'm getting them only a few minutes apart, picked up a sugar at :34 and then a chicken at :37... I don't need these! 

ikr... i picked up something at :23 and then something else at :25!! that's literally two minutes. im not even participating in the cooking. its so annoying. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post

I loved the cooking game so I'm thrilled with all the stuff dropping! I did all my cooking for my points this morning and am now just collecting ingredients for tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, MoxleyRTZ said:

Seeing people trying to ask for a female holiday 2020 dragon in trading.... there is no female 2020 holiday.

only shows how cool and importnant it is to have both genders for each breed,

CB Female 2020, 19, 16, 15, etc. and CB male 2018, 17, 14, 13, etc. have been on my wishlist ever since I found out they don't exist

and a CB blue winged Solstice too :v
And 4th and 5th GoN on my scroll

and frozen Sinomorph hatchies.
My scroll's pattern is dying for all of those and a tiny bit more, I'd trade arm and leg for them

 

[just in case anyone doesn't understand me: I know I can't ask for those in trades :v doesn't mean I don't wish I could have those regardless]

Edited by VixenDra

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Lagie said:

I loved the cooking game so I'm thrilled with all the stuff dropping! I did all my cooking for my points this morning and am now just collecting ingredients for tomorrow.

 

i was just typing something similar! although in my case, a lot of the "cooking" is just me making messes that i'm throwing out before anyone sees... :3 i need more recipes to follow, but until then i'll just keep experimenting (and feeling like a genius when i disvover things like cheese, roasted meat, and sliced apples all on my own). :D

Share this post


Link to post

While the frequent cooking ingredient drops must be helpful, it does get very annoying for those of us not playing...I enjoyed it the previous years so by now I don't really feel like doing everything again. Wouldn't it be more convenient if you had to enter the event and, for example, click "start collecting ingredients" or something to have them show up? Then when you don't want to play anymore you click "stop collecting ingredients" or something and it's not intrusive anymore. Someone could have it on the entire time, or not at all. Not sure how hard that is to code of course but...I'm kind of done with ingredients popping up all over my screen constantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, miaou said:

 

i was just typing something similar! although in my case, a lot of the "cooking" is just me making messes that i'm throwing out before anyone sees... :3 i need more recipes to follow, but until then i'll just keep experimenting (and feeling like a genius when i disvover things like cheese, roasted meat, and sliced apples all on my own). :D

There's info at the wiki if you decide you'd like a recipe book. ;)

Share this post


Link to post

Forgot that viewing my snow fort would make all that mess appear :( 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, MissK. said:

. Wouldn't it be more convenient if you had to enter the event and, for example, click "start collecting ingredients" or something to have them show up?

 

This--

Share this post


Link to post

Could be a toggle for ingredient drops on the event page, too. If you click the button for "send all your dragons out to search for ingredients" then you will get the drops and if you click "Let your dragons rest, you have enough ingredients" then you will not get them.

 

I love the cooking game, but I still had tons of stuff from last year and I got all the extra ingredients I wanted in like an hour at the crazy pace they're dropping. It's doing nothing but interfering with hunting at this point.

Share this post


Link to post

It wouldn't be so annoying if they the foods collected were considered entries into a contest or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.