TJ09

2020-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

I kinda wish there was a way to say 'no thanks' to all the ingredients popping up... I'm not interested in doing any of the cooking stuff again this year (did a TON of it last year!) but the ingredients keep popping up (sometimes over other stuff on the page) and won't go away unless I click them. 

I think it may be 'third time's a charm' for me with mana alchemy, this is the first year I've actually enjoyed playing it! It was super confusing and frustrating the first time, last year was eh, but I'm having fun with it this year.

15 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I kinda wish there was a way to say 'no thanks' to all the ingredients popping up... I'm not interested in doing any of the cooking stuff again this year (did a TON of it last year!) but the ingredients keep popping up (sometimes over other stuff on the page) and won't go away unless I click them. 

I think it may be 'third time's a charm' for me with mana alchemy, this is the first year I've actually enjoyed playing it! It was super confusing and frustrating the first time, last year was eh, but I'm having fun with it this year.

How does the cooking work? I don't have any recipes except the blank one, and every time I put stuff together - that I know will make something, it just says it's a big mess. 

39 minutes ago, lainey_lane03 said:

How does the cooking work? I don't have any recipes except the blank one, and every time I put stuff together - that I know will make something, it just says it's a big mess. 

Are you sure you have the right ingredients? Also you have to use cook or prep correctly. A correct recipe will give you the red stared ones. (Black text means you have all the necessary ingredients red means you dont)

Edited by DragonLady86

40 minutes ago, lainey_lane03 said:

You might find the wiki helpful for this. https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Holiday_Cooking

The new dragons are pretty. :) They might look nice with Garlands for those who like holiday x holiday pairings.

On 12/27/2020 at 4:34 AM, Mewtie said:

After having selected a cookie shape to decorate, scroll down and there should be more sprinkle colors that can be unlocked with candy.

Thank you, I've had trouble scrolling down on some of these and didn't notice.

On 12/27/2020 at 6:01 AM, ShorahNagi said:

The X out of 300 is showing how much you still have left to collect for the day [you can only earn 300 a day]

The 12XX is how much you had left over from last year [as this seems to have carried over for some reason]

I figured it out, but thanks for explaining. That thing should be a little more clear.

I'm still amazed and jealous of everyone's fantastic cookies. I might post a screenshot of some of the nicer ones I've gotten if I can get on my computer later to do it before this thread gets closed

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but did it seem like the wall of leftover holidays end a little early, or was that just me?

Named my new babies after 'Christmas Lights' and 'lights' in Finnish.

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

i agree with this... its a little annoying if youre not interested in the cooking stuff. there should be a setting to toggle whether you want them to show up or not.

4 hours ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but did it seem like the wall of leftover holidays end a little early, or was that just me?

Holiday walls last varying periods of time (some only a day or two...others a good week)

I know there was a lot of annoyance about the Halloween wall that happened this year...so I suspect a lot of players either didn't breed their Holiday dragons at all or only bred select pairs (I know I maybe bred 5 or 6 of the 50-something Holiday dragons I have) in the hopes of having a shorter wall period.

But that's just my thoughts on it

i just unlocked all the encyclopedia entries for these guys (thank you encyclopedia helpers!) and wow do i love them... so cute and friendly!

38 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

i just unlocked all the encyclopedia entries for these guys (thank you encyclopedia helpers!) and wow do i love them... so cute and friendly!

How did you unlock the all-yellow variant? I haven't seen any of those linked yet. 

Trying to redecorate my tree, I'm so glad all these different games have been brought back again, it's so much fun.

Just now, HeatherMarie said:

How did you unlock the all-yellow variant? I haven't seen any of those linked yet. 

didnt mean all the images, meant all the lore unlocks ^^ im missing the yellows but i do have the rest of the images unlocked

Those ingredients for baking popping up constantly are very, very annoying.  How long is that going to last?  Wish we could turn that off somehow--

3 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

How long is that going to last? 

probably another week, until the event ends 😕 

1 minute ago, InvaderAlexis said:

probably another week, until the event ends 😕 

Sheesh, are you kidding?  A week?  The eggs we collect for other events don't pop up as often, do they?

7 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Those ingredients for baking popping up constantly are very, very annoying.  How long is that going to last?  Wish we could turn that off somehow--

Just CTRL-Click and they'll pop up in a new window instantly.  Easy fix as long as there's no other workaround.

1 minute ago, Library_gremlin said:

Just CTRL-Click and they'll pop up in a new window instantly.  Easy fix as long as there's no other workaround.

Thanks!

Just now, Library_gremlin said:

its still super annoying if you dont WANT to click on them, i dont really want to do the baking this year (had a ton of fun last year, but im just not feeling it this year) and its such a nusiance to have them pop up when youre not at all interested in doing that game.

How does the fort game work? I can't figure out how to level up past 1.

Edit: Never mind. Apparently, when I attack curtain forts (I guess they are higher levels) it doesn't add to the level up since I didn't destroy them as I thought I did.

Edited by Sappheara

Oh crap!  My fort is suddenly filled with stuff I need to clear out.  But every time I make some progress, it never saves.  So when I go back into the fort, everything is back where it was before I cleared it!

5 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

Holiday walls last varying periods of time (some only a day or two...others a good week)

I know there was a lot of annoyance about the Halloween wall that happened this year...so I suspect a lot of players either didn't breed their Holiday dragons at all or only bred select pairs (I know I maybe bred 5 or 6 of the 50-something Holiday dragons I have) in the hopes of having a shorter wall period.

You may be right, and it might have seemed shorter because I haven't been on as much as usual for the past few days. I know some people hate the walls and want them gone as soon as the holidays are over, but I love having the opportunity to grab more for a while, especially if I've been busy with things besides DC. I've seen people suggest having a separate holiday AP, like we have a new holiday biome now, so maybe that would be a fair compromise. (Although hopefully the holiday AP wouldn't disappear immediately like the holiday biome does.)

7 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

The annoyance with the halloween wall was with how fast the time tanked more than the length. Hitting uninfluenceable within a couple days when everything can go either way just Sucks. 

It might just be the difference in CBs. If you have 5 CBs you can work on 5 lineages the first year and 10 the next and so on, they spread further faster.

13 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I adore the alchemy game. It's been my favorite since it first came out. I'd love to have a game app of it. I find it so engaging.