TJ09

2020-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Does anyone else get bad lag when decorating cookies? I'm getting about a second's worth of lag whenever I start drawing frosting on mine, and it makes decorating difficult.

Technically the colour change could be something different like Lunar Heralds indeed. Either way I do hope we get to have the full colouring version somehow, it was a bit more interesting-looking in my opinion. 

Edited by MissK.

I also love the version with all 4 colors. I hope it comes back, at least for some of the time!

interestingly, in the lineage screenshot on page 17, it looks like they have no lights. Maybe they only light up around dec 25th for a few days. 

Edited by wobster109

9 hours ago, Glaciarie said:

We're getting dragons from Christmas day in the APP, does that mean the egg wall will end soon?

9 hours ago, Laura-Borealis said:

Chiming in to say I prefer the original, multicolored version. I hope it's time based...

Re: the AP, I was seeing eggs from the 25th mixing in yesterday. I don't know about the egg wall, I've never been good at figuring out the timing on that. 

atm the eggs are 6hrs from the end of breeding. So I'm guessing about a day. Plus a wall of the new egg for a short bit.

1 hour ago, LadyLoki said:

The lights have changed again! Now they're red and yellow! :o

So they went from multicolor to Red/Green now Red/Yellow...

Guess we'll have to wait and see if they go back to multicolor or to something like Yellow/Blue. If they're on a rotation- I suspect there would be one or two more two-color variants before going back to multicolor.

Really getting curious about these guys now...

Edited by ShorahNagi

Wow, the light colors did change again! .... I wonder how long it will take us to figure out when/why they change?

My twinkling wyrms are still hatchlings. Are the adults of everyone else following the same colors as TJ's? What if the colors are different variations, like the Snow Angels? I know not every one enjoys that type of thing but I think that would be cool :)

11 minutes ago, HappyAppy said:

Are the adults of everyone else following the same colors as TJ's?

the first adults will grow up at midnight tonight! patience!

I really love these new dragons!  They might be my favorites so far!

I gather nobody knows the reasons for the different colorizations yet.  I'm hoping it's based on time of day like the Stratos Dragon.  I admit I'd be a bit bummed if it's based on the algorithm of individual accounts like the 2009 Holiday Dragon/Snow Angels. (I was always sad I couldn't get the tri-colored winged version) 

did TJ's from the snow angels rotate between them? That'd be the only reason I'd think the colors were scroll specific.

edit: got adults on uod, its a bsa, 1d cd

Edited by Tinibree

It's a BSA? Like Aegis? Is it permanent? Can you switch between the different forms unlimited? Anyone want to screenshot it for those of us who still have over a day left before getting adults? *flails* 

Spoiler

image.png.8d6cbbe8e25ae826811a6f605d797569.png

image.png.53dcaea4ee2981263046b49e8902aae2.png

image.png.d9bf35ed70660340735ff6438e88278e.png

Screenshots! Both of mine turned to red and green lights, which leads me to believe there's a set order that you can cycle through rather than it being random. Seems like the switching is unlimited other than the once a day cooldown?

Edited by Aqub

Oh cool :) It looks like the color variation with four mana colors (red, blue, yellow, and green) might be the default adult sprite.

Wow, that's so cool! ..... Now it triple-y sucks that we can only have 2 CBs, it would be nice to have a CB of each variation! If it's permanent. I wonder if it wears off?

Very confused

I have three discards, and the tile can't be placed anywhere (none lights up) but the game isn't ending

Also for the record, for none of the three discards were I able to place the tile anywhere - the very first tile I got was a bomb and destroyed that thing in the middle and from there on nothing could be placed

1459628525_ScreenShot2020-12-29at11_49_37PM.thumb.png.6928bdeca339d3fc9395b7c3e0cfd713.png

On 12/29/2020 at 1:06 AM, ShorahNagi said:

Depends on how you classify holiday.

If you consider Holiday dragons to be the Winter Holiday dragons (ex. Christmas) - yes, they're the first Wyrm.

If you consider Holiday to be any holiday (Valentine's, Halloween, etc) - no. Omen Wyrms from Halloween take the title of first Wyrm for a Holiday.

Tysm ❤️

and yes Christmas/Winter, I think DC doesn't call the others Holiday dragons  https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Holiday

The colour BSA is super cool and all, but there's a chance it may make trading for lineages more complicated - like the enraged/pacified Aegis situation, but this time X however may variations there exists.🤔

Another Christmas dragon with a BSA! :D Okay, this makes me very happy! I can have my multi colored xmas lights! :wub: Now I wonder how many variations there are, though. Lol

Also @Moriaty
I've had that happen on occasion in the past. It's basically a "perfect storm" situation, and all you can do is quit and start over when it does happen.

1 hour ago, Ripan said:

The colour BSA is super cool and all, but there's a chance it may make trading for lineages more complicated - like the enraged/pacified Aegis situation, but this time X however may variations there exists.🤔

but in those the change is so subtle it won't affect the lineage view much, unlike Aegis

50 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

but in those the change is so subtle it won't affect the lineage view much, unlike Aegis

Not as drastic no, just speculating now, but if there's a like a blue/purple variety then that might be more noticeable.