TJ09

2020-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

The gradual lag is really frustrating to work around, I gotta say; I tried with both my tablet and the mouse and it slowed to a crawl as soon as the base color layer went down. :(

I glitched things. I clicked the option to send a cookie to someone but forgot to input a name. I got a page that said an error occurred and when I hit the back button and tried to send it to someone else I just got more errors. When I refreshed the page I got this:

JBQDj9K.png

Edited by Chaos Rider

2 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Am I missing a fine tip line somehow?  How are people getting narrow lines--just by painting over the thicker ones with background color?

There's three dots of different sizes above the colours you can choose from. Pick one of those to get a smaller line

1 minute ago, Chaos Rider said:

There's three dots of different sizes above the colours you can choose from. Pick one of those to get a smaller line

I found that eventually!  Thanks!  But it's still awfully thick.

1 hour ago, Chaos Rider said:

There's also a cookie that's shaped like a shovel-head ...

54 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

are you talking about this shape?

image.png.e016660cd6c24bda899e9fbcdcb565e6.png

because that's a dreidel.

Definitely dreidel!

Screenshot_20201226-163841.thumb.jpg.9d434c5de52222c56799267a0dc11e52.jpg

3 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

at least its creative. ive been using the dreidel shape to make poggers. LOL.

And is that not a perfectly wonderful use of the dreidel shape?

My cookies are super messy since I'm just using my finger + mousepad, but I'm having a fantastic time and absolutely loving everyone's meme cookies. Do y'all use a tablet + pen or do you guys just have laserlike, surgical precision?

Just now, soullessheartofsteel said:

Do y'all use a tablet + pen or do you guys just have laserlike, surgical precision?

i'm both personally, i use an art tablet and i try to get as precise as i can. still pretty challenging though!

I always knew that most folks aren't on the forums, but wow sending cookies to random people really brings that home!  I don't think I've recognized a single name!

And these new holiday eggs are almost too pretty to hatch!

Edited by random_dragon_collector

I don't know who sent me this cookie, but thank you so much!!! It's my favorite one~ :wub:
2049513130_Screenshot_2020-12-26DragonCave.png.8ba69dd419ab53693b44ec0e5c2b7860.png

I'm sorry you got my derpy baby Groot in return, but I have zero artistic skills when it comes to drawing. :blush: 
944888795_Screenshot_2020-12-26DragonCave(1).png.7cae25dcda30872184ee453ade9a2585.png

Edited by LadyLoki

2 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Am I missing a fine tip line somehow?  How are people getting narrow lines--just by painting over the thicker ones with background color?

Yep, it's done by going back over your lines with the background color. I can't get it very smooth - I'm in awe of some folks' skills!

@LadyLoki i was gonna send you something loki themed, but i was too intimidated to attempt it :P glad you got one from someone else though :D 

I'm really enjoying the cookie designing.  I just wish it wasn't so laggy and there was a bit of a finer point for the frosting so I could do some finer detailing. The smallest dot just isn't cutting it. Anyway, thought I'd share some of my designs.

Screenshot_2020-12-26 Dragon Cave.png

My kingdom for a ruler. I have plenty of design in mind for the different star-shaped cookies but without any way of drawing a straight line they all come out looking wonky

20 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

My kingdom for a ruler. I have plenty of design in mind for the different star-shaped cookies but without any way of drawing a straight line they all come out looking wonky

I find it much easier to draw them on a tablet than using a computer mouse. If you have one, maybe try that?

btw, I'm going to say again, how much I wish we could glue the discarded egg shells back together and have a library of eggs to keep as they themselves are amazing to look at. This year's Xmas dragon is no eggception. 

......yes, I know that was bad. Sorry not sorry. lol

Edited by Syiren
egg shells so amazing they make me typo.

1 minute ago, Syiren said:

I find it much easier to draw them on a tablet than using a computer mouse. If you have one, maybe try that?

It's bit easier when I use my phone but not as straight as I would like

I'm a little sad that wreath editing impacts your 2011 wreath. I'd love to make a new one, but not at the expense of my old one; ugly though it may be, I made that in like 3rd grade, and it's very sentimental to me. xP

Everything else has been great, though. I love the cookie decorating and the new eggs!

3 hours ago, LadyLoki said:

I don't know who sent me this cookie, but thank you so much!!! It's my favorite one~ :wub:
2049513130_Screenshot_2020-12-26DragonCave.png.8ba69dd419ab53693b44ec0e5c2b7860.png

I'm sorry you got my derpy baby Groot in return, but I have zero artistic skills when it comes to drawing. :blush: 
944888795_Screenshot_2020-12-26DragonCave(1).png.7cae25dcda30872184ee453ade9a2585.png

not the lucky recipient but oh my god i love that groot so much! i can't stop smiling! :D :D :D

i'm mostly doing sort of abstract/deconstructed versions of dragon species i like (for random ones) or ones i know the recipient likes... :3

Is there a thread where you can ask people to send you cookies? I only got 7 and that makes me sad, lol.

Edited by jewel21

36 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Is there a thread where you can ask people to send you cookies? I only got 7 and that makes me sad, lol.

Is your scroll name also jewel21? I'll send you a cookie!

1 minute ago, ADN6 said:

Is your scroll name also jewel21? I'll send you a cookie!

Aww, it is, thank you!

I wanted to share pics of some of the cookies I made, but I've made like 60 and can't get them all to fit on one screenshot. This has been really fun!