TJ09

2020-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Ah, the new hatchies! I can't wait to see the adult sprites! Thank you for another wonderful year and this lovely event – and merry Christmas, everyone! ❄️

I make no apologies for whomever ends up getting my poorly drawn video game character cookies.

Also, loving these little hatchlings. Definetly thinking weve got some sort of string lights or northern lights dragon here

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Oh my gosh!

Check out this piece of awesome art! :wub:

My Trotsky immortalized in a cookie!

Screenshot_20201225-180447.thumb.jpg.cc1055fcd974ec8b66402611fa451831.jpg

Thank you, @Kakaru_of_DOOM! I love it! :wub:

You're welcome!

image.thumb.png.505a77d82fab417854848a025a813975.png

A single egg?? On CHRISTMAS???

*checks scroll*

image.thumb.png.ff618537183015d73dc0b350627bc938.png

Oh wait. There are four of them. Nevermind.

lol

Invisible egg glitch strikes again!

17 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

image.thumb.png.505a77d82fab417854848a025a813975.png

A single egg?? On CHRISTMAS???

*checks scroll*

Oh wait. There are four of them. Nevermind.

says you got several. XD

ive been making game, youtube, cartoons, and movie refs mainly. XD

the 200 cookie is to memorialize my comic reaching 200 pages this year. ;u; (the random person to receive it is probably horribly confused.)

dhd.png

2 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

ve been making game, youtube, cartoons, and movie refs mainly. XD

i LOVE that gir one , and the one right before it. and the snowman above that. these are all so good! and the coraline one is very cool.

3 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

i LOVE that gir one , and the one right before it. and the snowman above that. these are all so good! and the coraline one is very cool.

thank you. ;u;

15 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

the 200 cookie is to memorialize my comic reaching 200 pages this year. ;u; (the random person to receive it is probably horribly confused.)

dhd.png

That bat symbol one is INCREDIBLE.

(I've only been doing super simple decorating on mine bc hand pain, but I'm loving seeing how creative others get with them. :D)

3 minutes ago, Imbecamiel said:

(I've only been doing super simple decorating on mine bc hand pain, but I'm loving seeing how creative others get with them. :D)

hope your hand feels better soon 😧 you should check out the cookie display and gifting topic! theres tons of great art in there ^^

TETRIS PUZZLE WOOOOT!!!! *ahem* Seriously the tetris game is hands-down my favorite DC event game and I'm absolutely ecstatic that it's part of the Advent Calendar. I don't know why I love it so much, I'm not big on tetris-type puzzles generally but I just love this one. (A part of my love for this one is I've never found anything exactly like it anywhere else online, where it shows all the pieces at once (no dropping-pieces) and allows you to rotate them and stuff.)

so the 2nd door is the wreath decorating and tetris puzzles, so it's the same like last years, are we able to advance the stage of our wreath badge if we have done the event back in 2011 ?

I'm having trouble playing Tetris on a touch screen, anyone have tips to make it easier?

@soullessheartofsteel thank you! 

Edited by Toyo

2 hours ago, Toyo said:

I'm having trouble playing Tetris on a touch screen, anyone have tips to make it easier?

I'm on a Samsung & using Android, so I don't know if this is going to be different for iOS users, but for my system, you tap the piece you want to use once (don't hold it down) and a small menu will pop up giving you the option to rotate the piece (the red dot on the piece notes its orientation) or return it to the inventory. To drop the piece onto the puzzle board, click the empty spot you want it to go on and it'll automatically appear there. Hopefully this helps a bit!

Also, I hope everyone has a merry Christmas, I know that it's the 26th now but hey, the energy's still there. 2020 sucked, and with all of the wildfires and heat where I am it didn't feel very wintry. Getting to participate in the holiday activities and have fun with everyone else on the site was a real gift and got me in the holiday spirit for the first time in a long while, and I'll be enjoying the advent calendar in the days to come. Thanks to TJ and everyone who worked on the holiday event this year.

Edited by soullessheartofsteel
wanted to avoid double-posting

It'd be cool if this ends up being our first holiday leviathan-- new body types are more than welcome. Since they have this "pretty lights" theme being hinted at, I'm hoping for some unusual and striking color scheme too. Lineage building has been getting so samey for holidays.

We get to redo our wreaths and everything previous unlocked is already unlocked? Awesome! :D Mistakes, here I come to fix thee! :nyan: 

25 minutes ago, Nine said:

It'd be cool if this ends up being our first holiday leviathan-- new body types are more than welcome. Since they have this "pretty lights" theme being hinted at, I'm hoping for some unusual and striking color scheme too. Lineage building has been getting so samey for holidays.

Yeah, with the fins and lack of wings/legs, I'm assuming it's a leviathan type. I'm also really hoping for brightly colored lights! If it is Christmas lights themed, it should be. :D I will be shocked if it's not brightly colored.

6 hours ago, reddof-f6 said:

dhd.png

If I got a 10-eyed snowman, I'd be pretty confused! 😮 Pretty cool though!

~~~

I just saw the s2 hatchlings, they've got a very cute pose! :)