InvaderAlexis

put breed name next to "holiday dragon (20xx)"

i find it MAJORLY confusing and hard to find exactly what breed you're looking for (espcially in the trading hub) when all i can see are the years. it'd be really really helpful if the breed name was in parentheses, like how xenowyrms are, or anything other than what we have now. i just find it totally incovenient and honestly kinda illogical that we can't see what the breed's actual name is when we're searching in the hub, or even looking at them in the encyclopedia.

maybe it could look like "holiday dragon 2008 (holly)" or something like that. i'm just spitballing suggestions here, because when i see a whole list of years, it gets awfully confusing and hard to keep track of which breed is which.

I never really understood why they were all called "Holiday Dragon" in the first place, other than that they all share a description. Support for this, because the Wiki is really the only way to get that info!

Yes. It annoys me when they HAVE names but continue to just be known as "Holiday 20xx" on their page or in the trading hub. I mean even the last three years have their names IN their descriptions now! I absolutely support this suggestion. (y) alot

Full support. I knew the names of all of them through 2015, but have had to work to find the names of the newer dragons and am still not sure of the name on the 2016s. I will sort it out, but it shouldn't take this much work.

7 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

Full support. I knew the names of all of them through 2015, but have had to work to find the names of the newer dragons and am still not sure of the name on the 2016s. I will sort it out, but it shouldn't take this much work.

The 2016s are called Snow Dragons. :)

I really don't know why they've not been added already, I know I've seen this complaint come up in threads before.

Definite support!! Just fyi, it has been said in the past the older holiday dragons *don't* actually have 'official' names, ie 'Holly' is actually not an official name and if I remember correctly the creator actually called it something else. That is a reason brought up whenever this topic comes up (which is has multiple times before). But given that the past few years *do* have actual in-game names, it feels like maybe it's time for that change. 

Suggested before:

i don't know how i missed that suggestion... i think i just mentally skipped over it because the title looked similar to something else i was thinking of >_< 

even if most of the names are "unofficial", theyre still known by most people on-site by their unofficial names, yeah? i know that isn't a super strong argument in itself, but still... beats the current system! i dont see much of a reason, personally, why they're sorted the way that they are, especially now. we have a legacy breed sort, so if people were bothered by them not being grouped together then what about the other holidays? its just the christmas dragons that are all grouped like this, and it makes little sense to keep them that way, especially when they've begun to actaully be given official names in their descriptions but not in their encyclopedia entries.

Support. I got the logic of it at first with the names being unofficial, but with so many different "holiday dragon 20xx" by now it's getting pretty confusing. It also never made sense to me that this is only a thing for those and not valentines or halloweens. They don't need to have different descriptions as far as I'm concerned, but the names are just plain useful.

14 minutes ago, MissK. said:

They don't need to have different descriptions as far as I'm concerned, but the names are just plain useful.

i think it'd be really nice if the rest of the christmas dragons had descriptions, since the past  three(?) years have had unique descriptions and had semi-official names in them, but that's not as big of an issue. having a description would be lovely but the real issue, i agree, is the names. makes no sense at all to me why it hasnt been changed..

Edited by InvaderAlexis

Yes, please! I've supported this in the past and I still support it -- even more so, actually. The more years we have the harder it is for me to remember which dragon goes with which year.

Do any of them have "unofficial" names other than Hollies? I think it would be fine if just them were called "Holiday Dragon (2007)" I thought the rest of them all had names the artist gave them.

Hollies were also Noel but yeah that's the only one with two names I know of.

Everything except Yulebucks and Snow Angels has a sourced post showing the name as well.

Edited by Tinibree

Support. Literally the only problem I can foresee is that yeah, the Holly Dragon is actually the Noel Dragon (as seen by the name of TJ's Holly Thuwed) and that would cause some confusion for older players, but that shouldn't be a reason to not implement this.

9 hours ago, Paintra said:

Do any of them have "unofficial" names other than Hollies? I think it would be fine if just them were called "Holiday Dragon (2007)" I thought the rest of them all had names the artist gave them.

I think this would be a really good solution concerning the Holly name. Everyone knows the 2007 is the Holly/Noel. It would be fine to keep it as Holiday Dragon (2007), and give the later ones their names, unless there are others that have a different name like the Holly?

Personally I did not know Hollies were called anything but Holly. I've never heard of the Noel name for them before, and I've been here for like, 6 years. LOL! :lol:

at this point I also can't recall which dragon it is when I see just the year,

unless it's a Holly or the latest breed. But that's it. H.D.2017? No idea which sprite it is. Aegis? Idk which year it is but I know what the dragon/s look like.

3 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

H.D.2017? No idea which sprite it is. Aegis? Idk which year it is but I know what the dragon/s look like.

2017 is Garland, Aegis is 2015. (I can actually remember the Aegis very easily, because Mistletoe was 2014 and that was when I joined so it's my "first" Holiday dragon. And then Aegis came out the very next year and I named mine T h o r O d i n s o n and L o k i L a u f e y s o n, and their names have never been changed since. :)

But yeah the older Holidays and the last couple of years are hard for me to remember which is which unless I look at them on my scroll and count or click on them. Lol

9 minutes ago, LadyLoki said:

2017 is Garland, Aegis is 2015. (I can actually remember the Aegis very easily, because Mistletoe was 2014 and that was when I joined so it's my "first" Holiday dragon. And then Aegis came out the very next year and I named mine T h o r O d i n s o n and L o k i L a u f e y s o n, and their names have never been changed since. :)

But yeah the older Holidays and the last couple of years are hard for me to remember which is which unless I look at them on my scroll and count or click on them. Lol

there is the wiki and stuff, but it's just so inconvenient to constantly rely on the internet instead of our own heads if we can. I just picked a random year and random breed to illustrate that names speak louder than numbers and are easier to use:P
And I confirm, I do insta-know what Garland and Mistletoe look like xD but if you  just gave me the years, I'd have 0 clue and would need to check around if I wanted to picture them:P

Edited by VixenDra

38 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

there is the wiki and stuff, but it's just so inconvenient to constantly rely on the internet instead of our own heads if we can. I just picked a random year and random breed to illustrate that names speak louder than numbers and are easier to use:P
And I confirm, I do insta-know what Garland and Mistletoe look like xD but if you  just gave me the years, I'd have 0 clue and would need to check around if I wanted to picture them:P

Lol I did sorta figure you picked random year/breed to illustrate it, but I figured I'd throw it out there anyway. :lol:

But yes I agree, names speak far louder than years. alot

Honestly if it were just the oldest handful that didn't have names that'd be fine, it's the fact that there are what, 12 dragons differentiated only by numbers in the market search and encyclopedia that's the problem. I struggled to remember the numbers even when there were about seven fewer than there are now, these days I just cannot remember at all what number goes to which dragon outside of the most recent.

21 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

there are what, 12 dragons differentiated only by numbers in the market search

This year's new release will make it 14 total. 😕