Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moonshineforest

Finally found the forum!

Hello,

my name is Liara and I’ve just discovered the forum, even though I‘ve already been playing for nearly two and a half years. My favorite dragons are definitely the Xenos and Carinas!
I looking forward to meet a lot of nice players and involve myself in this community.

Please excuse my English, I'm not a native speaker, but I try my best.
Have a nice day!

I'll have to contradict Kaini and say that your English has a few minor grammatical errors.  But everything you said makes sense, so it doesn't really matter whether the grammar is perfect.

If you're curious, here are the errors I spotted:

Spoiler

On 12/12/2020 at 7:57 AM, Liara said:

I looking forward to meet a lot of nice players and involve myself in this community.

"I look" should be either "I am looking" or "I look".  Then "meet" and "involve" are sort of part of the object of the sentence ("I am looking forward to (these actions)") so they definitely need "ing" at their ends (so they would be "meeting" and "involving").

It seems like you may have gotten them mixed up a little bit.

On 12/12/2020 at 7:57 AM, Liara said:

Please excuse my English, I'm not a native speaker, but I try my best.

The comma (,) in the bold area (between "English" and "I'm") is a comma splice that creates a run-on sentence.  You probably knew but forgot this.  Native speakers do it all the time, too, despite the fact that it's officially not correct grammar.

Don't stress about it, though.  I understood exactly what you meant without having to think about it.

In fact, I think your writing is easier to understand than mine is!  :D

(My sentences and paragraphs are sometimes too long and complicated.)

And welcome!