Godzalla

ANSWERED:cave bots?

i cant believe that someone always having the rare eggs only! are they using bots or what! i have been playing soooooooooooooooo long and i havnt managed to catch any gold eggs! and someone i saw now he has 2 gold eggs and one Staterae Xenowyrm .. so whats the magic? is there a trick i need to learn to catch super rare eggs?

42 minutes ago, Godzalla said:

i cant believe that someone always having the rare eggs only! are they using bots or what! i have been playing soooooooooooooooo long and i havnt managed to catch any gold eggs! and someone i saw now he has 2 gold eggs and one Staterae Xenowyrm .. so whats the magic? is there a trick i need to learn to catch super rare eggs?

Couple of 'tricks':

1. never pick up anything else, no matter how tempting. Keep your slots open for the real rares.

2. keep your clock synced with the Dragon Cave server clock. Make sure the minute rolls over at the exact same fraction of a second. Refresh at every precise five minute mark.

3. train yourself to reflex-click on eggs with the right keywords in the descriptions. Careful, some of them might trip you up, e.g. "metallic" used to be a good keyword for golds, but lunar heralds also have it in their description.

(Caveat: I am not someone who catches rares all the time. I definitely fail at #1 and because I fail at number #1 I also definitely don't have my reflexes trained for #3.)

hahah same here i always end up getting locked with many things rather than the rares i wanted lol but im still so annoyed that some players have so many rares in their scrolls .. im so sure there is sth going unfair :( 

3 minutes ago, Godzalla said:

hahah same here i always end up getting locked with many things rather than the rares i wanted lol but im still so annoyed that some players have so many rares in their scrolls .. im so sure there is sth going unfair :( 

Until you try and regularly fail at the process I just told you to use, don't frustrate yourself with that thought. 🤗 The tactics I mentioned have definitely worked for me in the past, I just don't have the patience for it these days, and at the time (2013-2014) CB metallics were slightly more common than they are now. (If they hadn't been, I wouldn't have had the patience to wait for the elusive descriptions even back then. I don't have enough free time to want to spend it on cave hunting for hours. :P)

Oh, one last thing! I've also seen the tip "stick to a single biome" float around in regards to catching the high-tier rares, but I've honestly not had problems madly biome-switching at the five minute mark (i.e. I have in fact caught metallics from non-initial biomes; but you do have to click very quickly, I wouldn't recommend trying this without a touchscreen interface).

To me super rare includes Golds, Stats, possibly even silvers and green coppers. These are ones which I rarely see, let alone catch for myself; but thanks to the Market, there is a way of getting them. If you are very patient. 

I only have the super rares I have due to trades, market or the occasional bout of dumb luck; particularly with Stats, being around when they dropped the second time.

I am not great at catching, but the tips Pinkgothic mentioned are very useful.

I have one other tip though; if you are really desperate. Hunt during the Holiday breeding seasons. Especially Halloween Id say, as everyone is grabbing CBs and Breds; less competition.

@pinkgothic i used to be so good at catching xenos but i went offline for sometime and im back to see new xenos release .. so im little confused about it lol dont know where or how to catch them but im working on it .. as you said it needs some patients which is a super rare more than the egg itself lol XD ty for all the tips

@Ruffledfeathers yup these are the excat rares i mean ^_^ haha been trying to catch one for so many years but i was super lucky in getting a gold shimmer cb so i can trade for her 2gen and even before i get her i used to catch xenos and other 2nd rare eggs and trade for so your way is the official DC way lol :D ty for the support 

1 hour ago, pinkgothic said:

Couple of 'tricks':

1. never pick up anything else, no matter how tempting. Keep your slots open for the real rares.

2. keep your clock synced with the Dragon Cave server clock. Make sure the minute rolls over at the exact same fraction of a second. Refresh at every precise five minute mark.

3. train yourself to reflex-click on eggs with the right keywords in the descriptions. Careful, some of them might trip you up, e.g. "metallic" used to be a good keyword for golds, but lunar heralds also have it in their description.

(Caveat: I am not someone who catches rares all the time. I definitely fail at #1 and because I fail at number #1 I also definitely don't have my reflexes trained for #3.)

These are a good set of tips! I used to be okay at catching rares because I followed them, alongside keeping to one biome (Desert was my favourite) -  that is, until I became obsessed with codes. Now I fail at #1. Don't be like me. XD

2 hours ago, Godzalla said:

@lovecats99 and you managed to catch any good rares? XD

Back then, I did! A caught a couple Silvers and Golds, lots of trios, Zyus and many Xenos (my favourite rares.)

Now, I have minimal self-restraint when it comes to rare catching. I see a neat code and think, "Wow, I probably won't ever see this, again" and then I end up with like 7 codey commons and maybe one Xeno? And that's on a good day. :rolleyes: I just can't catch rares with such neat codes floating about

It's worth mentioning that no, no one is using 'bots' and to do so would be against the TOS, and will net you a swift account ban.

Cheating

You agree that you will not attempt to "cheat" or bypass any site restrictions in any way. Cheating includes, but is not limited to:

• Attempts to force or trick users to click your eggs, hatchlings, or dragons without their consent.
  • Abuse of any unintended behaviors in the site’s code.
  • Using browser addons, scripts, or other tools that modify pages on the site in order to give users of said addons an advantage over other users.

If you suspect anyone of using add-ons or scripts, please contact a moderator.

Some good suggestions for hunting here :)

@lovecats99 haha lucky you i caught now few xenos myself ^^ and i saw early Staterae xeno but wasnt fast enough to get it lol .. hope i can get a pair or sth

@Kaini i know its against the rules but i suspected someone that have some rare eggs and i clicked so fast but he was was way faster :( and his scroll looks like he is pro at it and thats what made me suspect its a bot or sth noway its just coincident to have 2 cb golds and i cant even catch a xeno! :( thu i cant confirm hes using anything wrong but its very strange! 

Actually, a lot of people have simply gotten really really good at hunting for rares. I've seen people in the hub trading 2-3 cb golds at once, and they are people I definitely believe play by the rules. You don't have to use a bot to get rares, and people with multiple growing rares aren't using bots, they are just very very experienced. Great reflexes, fast internet, and having the time to sit in the biomes refreshing. While I don't have a ton of luck with 'true-rares', I've grabbed multiple 'rares' in one drop simply by being fast and 'right place right time'. Is there someone out there using a bot on DC, probably, but the vast majority of people catching rares are just experienced and lucky. 

3 hours ago, Kaini said:
  • Using browser addons, scripts, or other tools that modify pages on the site in order to give users of said addons an advantage over other users.

Speaking of addons, is autorefresher an addon? I use browser autorefresher on my own scroll or group (to hatch stubborn low time incubated egg sometimes) is that not allowed? Or are we just talking about script that grab eggs from biomes?

As for rares, I've never grabbed a CB gold or stat - in fact, I miss golds because I confuse them with lunar and by the time I realize they're usually gone (except that one time I was scroll locked and actually clicked on one...ugh). But I'm really experience in catching Xeno because I see them more often and I have the chance to train myself to recognize the word "mana" super fast and I sometimes would have a scroll full of growing CB xenos. It's definitely possible but really depends on skill and fast clicking

I've been meaning to ask this exact question. I've noticed several "Power Users" on the Trading Hub, for WEEKS on end, having rare eggs gotten within the same day.

I've been playing for almost a year and just had to get my first Silver through the Market. Never even seen a Gold egg in the cave. I'm suspicious it's a simple macro or script that refreshes every 5 minutes and searches for keywords in the egg descriptions.

From what mods and TJ himself has said in the past, people who use some sort of bot/script/etc are usually fairly easy to detect (by mods/TJ, at least) and they do get banned. If you suspect a specific user of breaking the rules (and have some other reason beyond 'they get lots of rares') you can PM a mod so they can look into it. Just having multiple rares at once or catching multiple on the same day is not enough to suspect foul play, imo. Some people *are* just that dedicated and lucky. Also, sometimes people who put up multiple cb rares for trade actually *got* some of those from other trades (so, maybe breeding low-gen Prizes or whatever, trading those for cb rares, then putting all those rares up for trade). 

People with faster internet/computers are also going to actually see - and fairly-often catch - rare dragons. Oddly enough, during periods of better wireless, (which seems to be highly variable) I actually managed to see and snag several metallics in the Cave this year after Releases, when few people were on - who left them sitting there while slow me actually managed to get them, probably because many of us usually never see them in the Cave and so they missed the descriptions just long enough to give me a chance. On the other hand, I had to get Staterae from the Market, although a fast-catching friend of mine later gifted me a pair she caught from the Cave.

Unfortunately, she's just had her scroll burnt and I know perfectly well that in her case that it's skill and a fast system - and that she regularly put endless hours into hunting, having health issues as she does. Hunting dragons helped get her mind off things.

I have little doubt that there are cheaters on here, but over the years, I've known a number of phenomenal catchers, and we need to be careful about accusing good catchers - who are simply lucky enough to be able to afford/have access to better tech - of cheating, without evidence or better indication, just because they can make good catches when those of us with slower systems might not normally even see rare dragons in the Cave.

COVID or not, Merry Christmas, all!

On 12/14/2020 at 9:05 PM, PsycloneDeth said:

I've been meaning to ask this exact question. I've noticed several "Power Users" on the Trading Hub, for WEEKS on end, having rare eggs gotten within the same day.

I've been playing for almost a year and just had to get my first Silver through the Market. Never even seen a Gold egg in the cave. I'm suspicious it's a simple macro or script that refreshes every 5 minutes and searches for keywords in the egg descriptions.

If you have any suspicions, please PM a mod.

These reports are checked out THOROUGHLY. A user is never banned simply on suspicion alone - there is always hard evidence of cheating before TJ actually bans. So don't worry about voicing a concern to a moderator. It will get investigated, and tossed out if a scroll is innocent and just fast.