missy_

Weird issue (glitch?) with Trading Hub “Special characters not allowed”

I tried to create a new trade, and it prevents me from putting text with any special characters into the description field. So for example, it cannot have any periods in the sentence.

I tried creating a trade with a sentence that had a period in it and I got the error message “Special characters are not allowed.” I then successfully created a trade with just a bunch of random letters and no special characters like periods, and I was able to create the trade. So it has something to do with special characters and the description field.

I have moved the password prompt out of the way And made sure that the keyboard was visible on my phone, but that still does not get rid of the error message “Special characters are not allowed.“

ETA: This is occurring on my iPhone. I do not have content blockers enabled. I tried both desktop mode and mobile mode and got the same error in both.

Edited by missy_

Did you have an apostrophe ? That will do it. It's the "smart punctuation" option. There was a thread about this a while ago.

That option should be in your phone's keyboard settings. Just disable it.

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Did you have an apostrophe ? That will do it. It's the "smart punctuation" option. There was a thread about this a while ago.

Oh my gosh, yes there was. I used the word “don’t“. And that stopped me from creating a trade. 🙃

6 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

That option should be in your phone's keyboard settings. Just disable it.

Thank you for this option, but I’d prefer to leave the smart punctuation enabled for regular use. At least you have told me how to disable it in the event that I need to! :)

i just hold down on the apostrophe character (if youre using an ihpone) if you didnt wanna disable smart punctuation... it does that for appostrophes and quotation marks, you just need to select the more standard version ^^ i also like to keep it enabled, you just need to select the version that DC accepts. hard to explain really, but i hope you know what im talking about. i have this issue sometimes and i always forget about it XD