jJedi_Master_1

ANSWERED Eggs in the cave

I seem to be having trouble logging in to my scroll ang getting eggs.

Edited by jJedi_Master_1

Is your scroll name the same as your forum name ? If so - I can't find a scroll by that name - is it hidden ?

Are you unable to log in, or what exactly is the problem?

Well, if we don't know your scroll name we can't see if there's anything obviously odd. Can you actually see it ?

Logging into your scroll and getting eggs are two very different things. Are you having issues logging in, staying logged in, getting to your scroll, etc? Or are you having issues actually getting eggs, clicking on them, finding them, etc?

I am trying to make a scroll account but it won't let me for some reason. If it helps I am using Chrome for my browser.  

Edited by jJedi_Master_1

Please tell us exactly what you are doing and what is happening in order for us to help you. Are you saying you don't already have a scroll? So you are trying to make an account but something is stopping you? What exactly is happening? Are you able to complete the form at https://dragcave.net/register and successfully click the sign up button? Are you not getting a confirmation e-mail? Are you seeing an error of some sort?

edit: Above you said your scroll name is different and not hidden, do you already have a scroll? You are only allowed to have one scroll. If you have a scroll but are unable to access it, don't make another one.

Edited by HeatherMarie

15 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Please tell us exactly what you are doing and what is happening in order for us to help you. Are you saying you don't already have a scroll? So you are trying to make an account but something is stopping you? What exactly is happening? Are you able to complete the form at https://dragcave.net/register and successfully click the sign up button? Are you not getting a confirmation e-mail? Are you seeing an error of some sort?

edit: Above you said your scroll name is different and not hidden, do you already have a scroll? You are only allowed to have one scroll. If you have a scroll but are unable to access it, don't make another one.

No I do  not have a scroll yet. I am try to make an scroll but it wont let me make a scroll or an account for some reason. 

We can't really help you with that information. Is there an error message it's giving you? What is happening when you try and register?

Are you on any kind of a network that blocks games ?

Could you describe step-by-step, or click-by-click, what you are doing and what the result is? Maybe even provide screenshots?

I go to the register. I put in the required info and hit submit and nothing happens. And I have no idea how to do  screen shot.  

If you are using a keyboard, it likely has a button on it that says "PrtSc" or "Print Screen" or something like that.  Pushing that ought to take a screenshot.

Sometimes it pops up a window asking whether to save the screenshot.  On my current computer, it actually copies the screenshot to the clipboard instead, so you would want to use control + V to paste it into the forums.

If you do not have a keyboard, I suggest searching online for your device name and "screenshot" or "how to take screenshot".  (E.g. "iphone how to take screenshot".)

---

When you hit submit, does it just sit there without doing anything at all (like maybe it doesn't realize you clicked the button), or does it start trying to load a new page, or what?

(Based on your description, I assume it doesn't even notice the clicked button, but I want to make sure.)

---

Maybe there is some sort of error that keeps it from working, but which DC doesn't remember to warn you about?  Check whether your username and password contain any special characters.  Check whether there's already a scroll with the username you want.  If either of those is true, consider trying a different username and/or password.

On 12/4/2020 at 1:17 PM, Pilauli said:

If you are using a keyboard, it likely has a button on it that says "PrtSc" or "Print Screen" or something like that.  Pushing that ought to take a screenshot.

Sometimes it pops up a window asking whether to save the screenshot.  On my current computer, it actually copies the screenshot to the clipboard instead, so you would want to use control + V to paste it into the forums.

If you do not have a keyboard, I suggest searching online for your device name and "screenshot" or "how to take screenshot".  (E.g. "iphone how to take screenshot".)

---

When you hit submit, does it just sit there without doing anything at all (like maybe it doesn't realize you clicked the button), or does it start trying to load a new page, or what?

(Based on your description, I assume it doesn't even notice the clicked button, but I want to make sure.)

---

Maybe there is some sort of error that keeps it from working, but which DC doesn't remember to warn you about?  Check whether your username and password contain any special characters.  Check whether there's already a scroll with the username you want.  If either of those is true, consider trying a different username and/or password.

I have a keyboard but I don't see those buttons on it. I don't have a iphone.

When I hit submit it just goes back to the log in page

Okay  will try a different user name and password. EDIT: I tried  a different user name and password and it still won't let me log in.😭  

Edited by jJedi_Master_1

43 minutes ago, jJedi_Master_1 said:

I have a keyboard but I don't see those buttons on it. I don't have a iphone.

Do you use a mouse that you can right-click with? If you do, right-click the page you want to take a screenshot of, and the little menu that should pop up may have the option at the bottom to take a screenshot. It will say "Take a screenshot" and have a little scissors icon next to it.

At least this is how it is on my laptop, but this may not be the case for all computers.

Or simply use the "Snipping Tool" for the "screenshot". That may be the wiser choice anyway because you can leave out the parts of your screen you don't want to share.

You've checked off all the checkboxes you need? Once you submit info, if it doesn't accept it it should say something at the top like: image.png.919e3fd9617fa24bc4ffc318bde5ca71.png

Edited by Shadowdrake

Are you clicking the "log in" link or the "create account" one? Your forum account is separate from your scroll account, so even if you have a forum account you still need to create another account on the dragcave website. You can still have the same username, you just need to create an account on both the forum and the cave. 

I got a yahoo account and that made it able for me to get a scroll at last. So this post is answered.