JemClock

ANSWERED:Eggs Keep Dying

my eggs die no matter if i check them every day or do everything in my power to keep them healthy or put them in nurseys/hatcherys or i have made two other accounts to fix this BUT NOTHING IS WORKING!

please fix up Snowstars, JemClock, and crookedcat asap. because what on earth is happening here?!?!?!?!?!?! i'm very VERY upset. 

heart_rate_monitor_by_king_lulu_deer-db1bg73.gif

First of all by the terms of service you agree to when you join, you may only have one account! People who are found to have multiple accounts end up with their scrolls burned and all their dragons lost.

Second, your eggs are getting way too many views too soon. Until they are at least 24 hours old you should not be putting them in hacheries at all, or only maybe one low traffic site. New eggs are very susceptible to sickness and death if they get too many views. Once they are a day old you can start putting them in hatcheries and you will still have plenty of time to get them hatched. Eggs that you pick up in the abandoned area are older and more able to withstand views. You do have a number of adult dragons, though, so not all of your eggs have died.

You need to contact a moderator and let them know that you made a mistake making extra accounts. Pick one account to keep and ask to have the others burned. Otherwise you will lose all three.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

First of all by the terms of service you agree to when you join, you may only have one account! People who are found to have multiple accounts end up with their scrolls burned and all their dragons lost.

Second, your eggs are getting way too many views too soon. Until they are at least 24 hours old you should not be putting them in hacheries at all, or only maybe one low traffic site. New eggs are very susceptible to sickness and death if they get too many views. Once they are a day old you can start putting them in hatcheries and you will still have plenty of time to get them hatched. Eggs that you pick up in the abandoned area are older and more able to withstand views. You do have a number of adult dragons, though, so not all of your eggs have died.

You need to contact a moderator and let them know that you made a mistake making extra accounts. Pick one account to keep and ask to have the others burned. Otherwise you will lose all three.

Abandon area? where is that??????? (i'm recovering from covid. this is stressful and upsetting about my babies so please be really patient with me) i NEVER knew there was an abandon area. also it's happening again now that i'm fixing things. urgh. so let me get this straight please. no nurseys or hatcherys for 24 hours or anything plus warding them then nusreys????? why are our eggs so weak???

You find the abandoned area by going to the main cave page and clicking on the link where it says:

Near the entrance to the cave, there are some abandoned eggs. If you don’t want the dragons inside to die, you can take one of those instead.

Eggs are really only weak when less than a day old, but I think it was intended that way to be sure people were being actively engaged in the game and not just grabbing eggs, throwing them somewhere to get views and then never paying them any more mind until they were adults.

oh my god! that's where the abandon area is!!!???!!! i feel soooo.... you know the word.

i've been working so hard on my dragons/babies. i feel like a mother lioness. i even breed my dragons for others 😧 and now this all so confusing.

what if donate to the site????

ALSO I'VE DM A MOD EVERYONE.

Edited by JemClock

You enter the cave and see many large dragons scattered about, some with hatchlings, sleeping on piles of gold.

You also see a pile of scrolls on the ground. Having been here before, you have started recording information about the growth and progress of your eggs.

Near the entrance to the cave, there are some abandoned eggs. If you don’t want the dragons inside to die, you can take one of those instead.

One of the scrolls in the pile contains a map charting dragon habitats across Galsreim and the surrounding area. Where would you like to travel?

^ this is the same text you see when you're on the home page. the abandoned area (sometimes referred to the AP, ie abandon page) can be access by clicking the "take on of those" (btw I copied the links over too so you can click into the AP from here if you'd like)

(I also just looked at your scroll but didn't see any dead eggs...maybe you were referring to one of the extra accounts you made : /

Edited by Moriaty

30 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

(I also just looked at your scroll but didn't see any dead eggs...maybe you were referring to one of the extra accounts you made : /

yes. my first set of adopted eggs died (i had no warning), i waited the days for them to auto removed from my account, tried a second time, and the same thing happened. i'm learning and hopeing that doesn't happen again!

the mod i contacted hasn't contacted me back 😕

When your eggs are sick, you always get a warning at the top of the scroll saying you have sick eggs/hatchlings and directly below that message it shows exactly which things are affected by sickness. Fogging things that are sick, and keeping them fogged until the sickness message goes away, usually solves the problem unless they've been sick for so long that they die behind the fog anyway.

Eggs within the first 24h tend to be fragile. After they're a day old start adding them to hatcheries. This will get your eggs views at a steady pace that doesn't kill them. It sounds like you're adding them too soon to hatcheries, so all you need to really do is not add them so soon after you get them. 

Donating to the site is a nice thing to do but it does not give you any game benefits. Donations go to covering server/host costs, I believe. 

As for the multiple accounts please reach out to me via PM. @JemClock

Edited by Infinis

1 minute ago, Infinis said:

When your eggs are sick, you always get a warning at the top of the scroll saying you have sick eggs/hatchlings and directly below that message it shows exactly which things are affected by sickness. Fogging things that are sick, and keeping them fogged until the sickness message goes away, usually solves the problem unless they've been sick for so long that they die behind the fog anyway.

Eggs within the first 24h tend to be fragile. After they're a day old start adding them to hatcheries. This will get your eggs views at a steady pace that doesn't kill them. It sounds like you're adding them too soon to hatcheries, so all you need to really do is not add them so soon after you get them. 

Donating to the site is a nice thing to do but it does not give you any game benefits. Donations go to covering server/host costs, I believe. 

As for the multiple accounts please reach out to me via PM. @JemClock

i fogged them a lot but never knew about the new warding thing (and all the new stuff). This is all coming at me at over-whelming and exploding my brain. i don't even understand what splash does. i always believed fogging them saved  their lives but i'm guessing the game was updated. i do pick from front page, lol, derp on me and ahhhh!!! i thought donating helped our babies *mind blown more*.

I WILL be contacting you.

2 hours ago, JemClock said:

yes. my first set of adopted eggs died (i had no warning), i waited the days for them to auto removed from my account, tried a second time, and the same thing happened. i'm learning and hopeing that doesn't happen again!

the mod i contacted hasn't contacted me back 😕

For what it's worth, you don't have to wait for them to disappear before grabbing new ones. They don't take up space, they just look sad.

10 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

For what it's worth, you don't have to wait for them to disappear before grabbing new ones. They don't take up space, they just look sad.

ooohhhh. *claps*