Dekka

Make fog transparent when viewing your own dragons

So exactly what the title suggests!

Due to a recent viewbombing incident I've had to hide everything on my scroll for a while, which stinks.  What stinks worse, is the fact I can't tell what any of my eggs/hatchies are from my own dragons page.

My suggestion is to make the fog a transparent overlay over the sprite of the growing dragon.  I'm no coder but I don't think this would be the most difficult thing to implement and I certainly think it would make life easier for anyone struggling with this.

This would only apply to when you are viewing your own "Dragons" page, or a growing dragon you own.

Obviously this isn't a super big deal, but it can be a little frustrating to know which dragon is which when they are all fogged.  I think being able to see a sprite through the fog would be much more convenient.  Additionally, when fogged, it would be impossible for you to tell what dragon it is without unfogging, if you don't have the encyclopedia unlocked for that breed.  That's not really an issue for me but for newer players I think that just adds an extra level of confusion.

To further this, maybe being able to use actions on your own fogged dragons would be nice too?  I'm not exactly sure why you can't in the first place.

Support, cus if we can't get viewbombing dealt with TJ can at least make avoiding it less inconvenient.

Support, this is convenient and I don't see how it could hurt if it's only on your own dragons. :)

Yes please!! Double triple yes please!! 

This is such a frustrating thing, honestly, and it seems like such a tiny thing but it really does get frustrating especially if you often need to have dragons fogged. My scroll has been okay recently (fingers crossed), but for a long time I fogged every growing thing I owned any time I was away from the computer. Looking at 20+ little fogballs can be pretty frustrating and confusing, and opening 20+ view pages in order to see what each one is.... It just seems like such an unnecessary hassle. Fogging/Hiding is supposed to help the scroll owner have more control over their dragons, but it ends up hindering them as well when they can't even tell what is what. A transparent fog would be *awesome*.

Supporting both the transparent fog and the ability to use actions on your fogged eggs! The latter is particularly inconvenient; I know I tend to fog eggs as soon as they get sick, only to unfog them a minute later to use the White dragon BSA...

Edited by Aie

16 minutes ago, Aie said:

Supporting both the transparent fog and the ability to use actions on your fogged eggs! The latter is particularly inconvenient; I know I tend to fog eggs as soon as they get sick, only to unfog them a minute later to use the White dragon BSA...

Conveniently, the white bsa is the only one that works for all eggs, even fogged ones.

2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Conveniently, the white bsa is the only one that works for all eggs, even fogged ones.

REALLY ? I had no idea - thanks :)

12 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Looking at 20+ little fogballs can be pretty frustrating and confusing, and opening 20+ view pages in order to see what each one is.... It just seems like such an unnecessary hassle. Fogging/Hiding is supposed to help the scroll owner have more control over their dragons, but it ends up hindering them as well when they can't even tell what is what.

Yes this is precisely what I mean!! I'm often at the 'growing things' limit, and I'm new to having this problem but seriously having 20+ tabs open just trying to check on things is such a pain.

yes! support! it's extremely irritating the more things you have fogged... i see no reason for it to be such a hassle. 

edit: i hate how the only action you can take while something is fogged is to unfog... i wish you could name hatchlings through fog. so annoying to freeze something because its sick (especially zyus, which get sick so fast while hatching!) and then unfog to name it, then freeze again. just let me name it while its fogged!

Edited by InvaderAlexis

On 11/25/2020 at 2:11 AM, Shadowdrake said:

Earthquake works too (got reminded of that the hard way XD)

That aside, full support to a semi-transparent fog Sprite

Support! I'm trying to do a lot of things at the same time (neglecting two eggs, and fogged a bunch of hatchies for zombie fodder) and it's annoying to keep clicking on the wrong fog ball when trying to check on time and stuff :< I can't memorize the code of every dragon I'm raising after all

Much support, it's annoying for me to have to click on my fogged dragons to remember who they are. It would be great if this was implemented!

Totally support. I came back to the game some months back after a several year hiatus. I was leaving my scroll unfogged, until someone starting adding my eggs and hatchlings to click sites. Now I fog everything and sometimes I can't remember what hatchlings and eggs I have and it's super frustrating. 
Would it be difficult to have you view your own dragons as if they aren't fogged and have a fog icon above them or something? Just throwing it out there if the transparent idea doesn't work.

I can't see any downside to this and it sure would make life easier. Having to click on each fogball to find the one you are looking for can be a real pain!

I absolutely support this! I sometimes forget what I fogged if I have just ONE egg fogged, but having more, like during the holidays? Ugh!

As someone with a bad memory, this is a great idea! I support this 😃

someone remind me to change the font later, I’m on mobile

Bumping because not being able to *see* fogged dragons on my own scroll is getting even more frustrating and confusing. We now have a good handful of dragon variants that you simply *can't* tell what they are when they are hidden, even on your own scroll, even by looking at their lineage. The new Florets are a perfect example here, I currently have two different-colored Floret eggs fogged right now and I literally have to unfog them just to check and remind myself which is which. Looking at the lineage/parents doesn't help when the egg in question is *neither* of the parent's breed/colors. Clicking through to their Encyclopedia page doesn't help when multiple variants show on one page. I even tried looking in my Action Log but it just shows the fogballs as well. 

Fully support as I would like to know which dragon is which on my scroll when it becomes a wall of fogged dragons

I thought I had already commented on this, but apparently not. It has my full support! I have been finding it necessary ever since the birthday release to fog my babies a lot. It would be nice to know who is who without having to unfog. As HeatherMarie says, even being able to see their breed on the view page doesn't help much with all these variations!